The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #201
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSU Husker View Post
Just out of curiosity, what kind of deal did you get last year?

I got it free last year, and would renew for the $100 deal, but probly not for anything more than that. I wonder if they will be more stingy with me since I paid nothing last year.
I killed them last year. They charged me for Sunday ticket ($340 i think) but gave me a credit of $300. Then I called a couple weeks later and got another $120 worth of credits.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #202
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
I killed them last year. They charged me for Sunday ticket ($340 i think) but gave me a credit of $300. Then I called a couple weeks later and got another $120 worth of credits.
Nice. Gotta love customer service people who think customer service is giving someone free stuff.

People that tried that stuff on me always went home sorely disappointed.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #203
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens come this fall when they normally send out the bills for the Sunday Ticket package.

Please, keep us informed.
I called back in, it was just for the add-on, nfl max, the dumb ass guy def. told me different. I tried unsuccessfully to get it for 100 total. I will call back in and get some sucker to hook me up. The way I initially was told I was getting the whole thing for 60, but that is not the case.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #204
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
They're lying to you or you're misunderstanding. There's no way you're getting a $300 package for $60. No way.
Last year I did get the ticket for basically 0 dollars after all the credits and such, I thinking made money when it was all said and done. But you were right, the guy pulled a fast one on me.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #205
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Last year I did get the ticket for basically 0 dollars after all the credits and such, I thinking made money when it was all said and done. But you were right, the guy pulled a fast one on me.
Dang..we're moving to Rapid City and I was hoping we'd get the bronco games locally. Oh well, I've had the ticket for years anyway
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #206
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
Dang..we're moving to Rapid City and I was hoping we'd get the bronco games locally. Oh well, I've had the ticket for years anyway
West River you probably don't need the ticket. You will get most all the CBS games.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #207
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
West River you probably don't need the ticket. You will get most all the CBS games.
Cool.thanks for the info
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #208
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I cancelled Sunday Ticket during last year's lockout as a way of protesting the league. Looks like I'll be able to hold out again this year without any real pain. As far as I can tell, unless the Broncos really suck, I'm going to be able to see all but maybe 3 or 4 Broncos games this year on regular tv and probably every one until maybe mid November.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #209
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I used to be stationed at Ellsworth and my dad lives there. Games are local..same with the Vikings. You won't need Sunday ticket.

By local i mean you won't get the local Denver feed but the Broncos are always in the viewing area. I never missed a game and never had Sunday Ticket.

Also, for those who are planning on getting the ticket...they are offering it for $199. Just saw the commercial.

Last edited by maher_tyler; 04-26-2012 at 06:34 PM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #210
coachmastermind
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
I live in SD, you're in a different market West River and will get all the Broncos CBS Games. However, the two games a year we play when NFC team comes to Denver that are aired on FOX- if they go head to head with a Vikings game on FOX, you are in the Vikings market for FOX, and their game would be aired. Without looking the schedules the likelyhood of that is very low, as the Vikings normally play in the early afternoon slot.
coachmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #211
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

I work in the cable industry. NFL/Sunday Ticket is the main reason anyone went Direct TV. That is their main draw. A lot of people aren't getting the discount again. Kudos to those that are able to manipulate and work the game to their advantage. A lot of people don't understand it or believe in it.

With what you can do with high speed internet these days verses the cost of NFL/ST, plus the economy, getting people to come back to a cable/HSI package VS satellite/dsl package isn't very hard....

The only reason I even went to watch 2 Broncos games at bar like BWW or Hooters was to eat some good wings and drink a few cold ones. I was only able to watch maybe 5 televised Broncos games at home. The rest I watched over the net.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #212
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I used to be stationed at Ellsworth and my dad lives there. Games are local..same with the Vikings. You won't need Sunday ticket.

By local i mean you won't get the local Denver feed but the Broncos are always in the viewing area. I never missed a game and never had Sunday Ticket.

Also, for those who are planning on getting the ticket...they are offering it for $199. Just saw the commercial.
Does the 199 include the PS3 version?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #213
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
I work in the cable industry. NFL/Sunday Ticket is the main reason anyone went Direct TV. That is their main draw. A lot of people aren't getting the discount again. Kudos to those that are able to manipulate and work the game to their advantage. A lot of people don't understand it or believe in it.

With what you can do with high speed internet these days verses the cost of NFL/ST, plus the economy, getting people to come back to a cable/HSI package VS satellite/dsl package isn't very hard....

The only reason I even went to watch 2 Broncos games at bar like BWW or Hooters was to eat some good wings and drink a few cold ones. I was only able to watch maybe 5 televised Broncos games at home. The rest I watched over the net.
Plus with Comcast you still get Redzone for $7/month... WAY AFFORDABLE.

Really it's the only thing worth watching on Sundays other than the Denver game. Take the money you save to the bar on games that aren't primetime.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #214
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Does the 199 include the PS3 version?
Didn't say but I'm assuming so. I'm sure they noticed people were calling and trying to get it cheaper. Im sure people were dropping DTV all together because all they have it for was the Ticket. It got to expensive. $199 is about what I got it for last season with the discounts they gave me.

Going to wait to see how many prime time games we have before I get it. If half our games are prime time I won't get it. Just catch the other games at a bar somewhere.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #215
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I cancelled Sunday Ticket during last year's lockout as a way of protesting the league. Looks like I'll be able to hold out again this year without any real pain. As far as I can tell, unless the Broncos really suck, I'm going to be able to see all but maybe 3 or 4 Broncos games this year on regular tv and probably every one until maybe mid November.
That's what I'm thinking too. After 10 years.....I'm gonna cancel the Ticket this year.....me thinks.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #216
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

So now that we know there's a new base price, did anyone get it for cheaper than the $199 this year?
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #217
Tyrel Jones

100 Bucks with nego.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #218
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Sunday Ticket has been a staple in my house since they first started it, seeing as my old man is a Vikings fan.

Now with the iPhone app they have, it's just ridiculous. I might buy an iPad between the Sunday Ticket app, Netflix app, and the HBOGo app.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #219
CSU Husker
Seasoned Veteran

So far I've called twice, and no movement on price from them. Not looking good, but I'm not giving up yet.
CSU Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #220
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSU Husker View Post
So far I've called twice, and no movement on price from them. Not looking good, but I'm not giving up yet.
Couple of tips...I've had major success 3 years in a row.

Call the person by their first name, make friends with them. Ask where they live and how the weather is. You may eventually have to get to the retention department to get anywhere but when you do tell them you are thinking of ways to cut costs in your budget and the first one you noticed is to go from Directv to Cable who you already have internet through. This makes them scared you will actually do it since you have a relationship with the cable company anyway. Then tell them the one thing keeping you with Directv is Sunday Ticket and if you can get that for a very discounted rate you will stay with them over Cable.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #221
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I am moving next month and just realized, I think I get this free for the year since I am new...booya. Although, half of the year, I am at the stadium anyhow.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #222
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Got the Max for 199 then 10 off a month for 12 months = NFL Max ticket for $79....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #223
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Got the Max for 199 then 10 off a month for 12 months = NFL Max ticket for $79....
Nice! That's usually what they do...credit you X amount per month for a year
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #224
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Nice! That's usually what they do...credit you X amount per month for a year
Exactly, be polite and square a fair deal, then ask about loyalty rewards.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #225
orangeandblue

Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket Promos- 1-888-892-3857