The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #51
Bmore Manning

I watched Reyes on multiple occasions and he would line up at NT on a fair amount of snaps, in fact he played all over the line NT, UT, DE.. Reyes is very interesting, I love his motor, athleticism, and hustle to chase plays down.. I'm just not sure @25. I would not take Wolfe @25, when he should be there @ 57 if not into the third.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #52
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I would not take Wolfe @25, when he should be there @ 57 if not into the third.
Wolfe is just as versatile as Reyes, if not more. If the Broncos don't pick Wolfe at #25, New England or Pittsburgh will pick him before #57. Take that to the bank.

I believe NE plans on taking him in the 1st round.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #53
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I don't understand how you could promote Reyes over Wolfe in a 4-3. Both players are way too similar in size and athleticism.

The only difference is Wolfe was a better player and Big East DPOY...Reyes came in 2nd.

Come on barryr, come to the light man!
I just think teams are going to view Wolfe more as a 3-4 DE, mainly because he needs more strength, especially in the lower body. I like Wolfe like I stated though, he has a nonstop motor, but his perceived lack of elite athleticism is what has kept his name from being talked about that much. For the Bronco defense, I think Reyes is the better fit of the 2, but I wouldn't mind having both.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #54
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I just think teams are going to view Wolfe more as a 3-4 DE, mainly because he needs more strength, especially in the lower body. I like Wolfe like I stated though, he has a nonstop motor, but his perceived lack of elite athleticism is what has kept his name from being talked about that much. For the Bronco defense, I think Reyes is the better fit of the 2, but I wouldn't mind having both.
Reyes pushed up 3 more bench reps (36), jumped 1" higher (34 1/2"), broadjumped 5" longer (9'05"), and had a .06s faster forty, but Wolfe had a 0.17s faster 3-cone. They both have the same length arms (33 1/4"). Both are so similar athletically. Wolfe has better production.

These guys are so close...both are pretty darn good prospects.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote