The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #126
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Caldwell is not better than Royal. I am positive that if Peyton had signed with us before Royal signed with the chargers, the FO would have brought him back. Royal was waiting for Peyton to make up his mind... he just took to long. Caldwell was 4th on the depth chart for a reason (on mostly a passing offense).

And Adams... will never bring what Dawk brought to the team. Other than that agree.
I'm not so sure about Caldwell. Royal's got nicks, and I think we've seen his upside. Caldwell's also a LOT cheaper. Like an entire player cheaper. I don't think Den even matches SD's offer for him.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #127
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...I am positive that if Peyton had signed with us before Royal signed with the chargers, the FO would have brought him back. Royal was waiting for Peyton to make up his mind... he just took to long...

And Adams... will never bring what Dawk brought to the team...
Royal wasn't waiting on Manning. He was looking to get paid and the Broncos had no interest in paying him what he got from the Chargers.

And Adams is a far better all around player at this point than Dawkins is.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #128
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Royal wasn't waiting on Manning. He was looking to get paid and the Broncos had no interest in paying him what he got from the Chargers.

And Adams is a far better all around player at this point than Dawkins is.
I like Adams in coverage packages. Mays is really a two down linebacker, and on passing downs, Ayers moves inside with Miller, in reality, at DE. So, really they're taking out two of the three linebackers and replacing them with Woodard and a nickle back. And hopefully DJ will win his appeal, which he should if there's any justice in the league. So, you've got Champ, Porter, Harris, Adams and probably Quinten Carter, DJ and Woodard. Not a bad nickle cover package.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #129
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well the chargers did overpay for Royal... but us overpaying Mays tells me we could have.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #130
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Well the chargers did overpay for Royal... but us overpaying Mays tells me we could have.
I never saw a real improvement with anyone who really wanted to play in Den. And Mays contract is about the same as McClain's was, and both are decent ILB with big weaknesses in pass coverage.

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/The-Be...llion-contract

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-br...-2012-joe-mays

I'd say it makes me nervous they aren't signing a DT, but I'm guessing they're waiting to see how the draft plays out. imo they'd be crazy not to take Kilpatrick if he's still on the board.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #131
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I never saw a real improvement with anyone who really wanted to play in Den. And Mays contract is about the same as McClain's was, and both are decent ILB with big weaknesses in pass coverage.

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/The-Be...llion-contract

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-br...-2012-joe-mays

I'd say it makes me nervous they aren't signing a DT, but I'm guessing they're waiting to see how the draft plays out. imo they'd be crazy not to take Kilpatrick if he's still on the board.

Even with the DT disaster I would take kirkpatrick if he's at 25. No way he slides in this draft though. Especially when cincy has 2 1st rounders. He won't make it past them.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #132
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yup... if Dre is there... you have to take him. But we have to address the DT position with actual Talent. Not a body. We have to take a DT no matter what in the first 2 rounds.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #133
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Dude, you're beating a dead horse. I've asked multiple times to name people other than Broncbow and MacGruder who came along with Tebow and only talked about Tebow and berated the other players but not Tebow.

Nobody could.

It never happened. There was no circus. It was all trumped up because the few that were actually on the board made it look like a legion with their craziness. In fact, we have seen more Manning-first fans join this board in the past month than we ever had with the Tebowners.
Alpha Seirra and wasnt Amegaddon or whatever here because of the Tebow factor?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #134
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

imo the Saints giving Bunkley a contract that to me is insane given his career thus far, it really jammed up the DT position.

Considering none of us know whether any of the NT's really fit in a 4-3 "NT" system where a guy is playing a one gap, you get down to #57 before you find a journeyman DT. And no to Okoye.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/free-agents

And, I'd like to see what Jarmon can do. He tried to convert from a DE to an 4-3 DT last year, but yeah, they gotta draft esp cause its a decent year for DT
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #135
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Yes and KO5K as well.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #136
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Alpha Sierra was the other one I forgot, but neither he nor Broncbow were here for very long. AS was here for a total of less than 4 months. Broncbow was here even shorter.

KO5K and Agamemnon, if you go back and read their early posts, didn't come here "because of Tebow".

The "circus" was overblown.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #137
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

it's over. thank god.