The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #76
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I wonder if this team under Manning is going to score more than 9 points in the 2nd half of games this year.

Way to go out on a limb there. How bout if Manning had the exact same playcalling as Tebow. Would you still think the team would score more than 9 points in the 2nd half of games?

Run left, run right, QB draw on 3rd and 6, punt Thoughts?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #77
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Way to go out on a limb there. How bout if Manning had the exact same playcalling as Tebow. Would you still think the team would score more than 9 points in the 2nd half of games?

My thoughts are Manning is further along in his development as a QB so odds are things will be opened up for him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #78
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

You're right we can now play Sunday offense instead of Saturday offense
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #79
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I was singing "Amazing Grace" when Tim Tebow was traded.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #80
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
My thoughts are Manning is further along in his development as a QB so odds are things will be opened up for him.
Well no **** sherlock. But you are failing to answer to the question.

How bout this. If Tebow was allowed to air it out from his first game last season, do you think his passing stats would have looked better or worse?

Answer the first question before the last.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #81
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

How bout this. If Tebow was allowed to air it out from his first game last season, do you think his passing stats would have looked better or worse?

I've answered this before...,
I think they would have been worse. I have said over and over Tebow wasn't ready so they made the system to taylor to his strengths and made DENVER winners. Yet you guys still cry over it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
At times like this im not sure what makes me more happy... manning being our QB or the fact that the circus is somewhere else.

God bless John Elway...
Unfortunately the board was infested with those circus clowns...and even more unfortunately, some still remain.......best way to find the remnants of the nuthugging legions is to read responses to TonyR posts, and some of mine.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #83
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

sure, like those are the kind of plays you call when Manning is your QB...

We didn't average 9 points in the 2nd half because our coaches ability was limited, we did so because our QB limited the kind of plays we could call.

I bet we don't lead the NFL in 3 and outs in 2012.....
Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #84
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Well here's where your "practice don't matter" takes comes back to bite you in the ass clown......

You guys said that Tebow doesn't practice well,.....and perhaps you're right. But the bottom line is his inability to make certain throws in practice means the coaches won't have confidence he'll complete them on gameday.

If Thomas dropped passes all the time in practice, would you truly trust him being the focus of the passing game?

If Franklin was constantly getting beat in pass protection during practice, would you trust him man to man against say Julius Peppers on game day?

If McGahee fumbled constantly in practice during goalline drills, would you give him the ball on gameday on first and goal?

I'm suspecting that the answer to all of the above is "no....

So if Tebow struggled with certain kinds of passes during practice, do you think they would make up the bulk of the throws called, or would they be limited?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #85
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:

Dig deeper, Watson...

I love saying that
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #86
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Manning is smart enough to call his own plays. Doesn't need a coach to dumb it down so he could play.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #87
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Anybody saying anything bad about a completely good guy that never says a bad thing about anybody that won football games and gave his all in every conceivable way to do so should have their face rearranged and their right to breed taken away because they are to stupid to be breathing.

CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU ALL ?

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE GUY WILL END UP BECOMING...PERIOD !
HAHA, you are the Tebow problem right here is an example. Because someone thinks Tebow is a terrible QB IYO he deserves to get beaten up and his right to breed taken away.....

Tebow won some games when the defense played well. When the defense played poorly Denver was beaten. Tebow completed 46% of his passes and Denver was bottom of the league in 3rd down conversions and 3 and outs.

Now because I do not like Tebow you can threaten me or say how stupid I am but that only shows that him being gone is the best thing for the Broncos. He is just a sideshow and probably will be out of the league in 5 years.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #88
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I've answered this before...,
I think they would have been worse. I have said over and over Tebow wasn't ready so they made the system to taylor to his strengths and made DENVER winners. Yet you guys still cry over it.
Ok seriously, take a chill pill friend. It was a simple question needing a simple answer. Guess what. I allways said he wasn't ready either. Nobody is crying over it. I took a post from someone, and played devils advocate with my questions. Trust me, I don't give a rats ass about Tebow anymore. What I do love, is making some of you guys dance all over the place with the mear mention of Tebow and Manning. Here let me show you how I would have answered it in a rational form.

If the play calling never would have changed when Tebow was started, I think his passing stats by the end of the season would have been on the upside side. I think he would have started out rough, but by the end would have shown some promise. I do however think this would have made us win fewer games and miss the playoffs. Would that have been enough for Elway to have more faith in Tebow? Hell if I know, but probably not and we still would have Manning now.

See, wasn't that simple?

Last edited by GreatBronco16; 04-15-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #89
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well here's where your "practice don't matter" takes comes back to bite you in the ass clown......

You guys said that Tebow doesn't practice well,.....and perhaps you're right. But the bottom line is his inability to make certain throws in practice means the coaches won't have confidence he'll complete them on gameday.

If Thomas dropped passes all the time in practice, would you truly trust him being the focus of the passing game?

If Franklin was constantly getting beat in pass protection during practice, would you trust him man to man against say Julius Peppers on game day?

If McGahee fumbled constantly in practice during goalline drills, would you give him the ball on gameday on first and goal?

I'm suspecting that the answer to all of the above is "no....

So if Tebow struggled with certain kinds of passes during practice, do you think they would make up the bulk of the throws called, or would they be limited?
See, here's an idiot who took that question and couldn't come up with a rational thought for an answer. Well done.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #90
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If Manning fades off into the sunset in a season or three and Tebow becomes a phnom QB life as a Bronco fan will become painful and this board will be impossible to read.
Don't think you have to worry about either of those scenarios Baja. Manning and Elway are focused and determined to make this work and win at a high level the next few years. Tebow is a good guy and a good football player but it's highly doubtful he'll ever become a 'consistent' winning starting QB in this league... He can certainly contribute and help teams win in a number of ways. But I seriously doubt hell ever become a serious passing threat in a league built around the forward pass...

This ain't the SEC and the 7 game miracle stretch last year notwithstanding, that was as much, if not more, about other teams being caught off guard and not knowing how to defend Tim ( until Chicago and NE gave them the blue print), also considerable luck as in the Miami game as well as the Bears game without Jay Cutler ( with Cutler there we lose that game going away, I hate to admit) and an inspired Bronco defense led by a phenom Von Miller until he hurt his hand..Tebow made some fantastic plays and was a real leader and motivator, but he played like crap for 8/10ths of most games, and the last five games, even though we beat a banged up Steelers in OT, was pretty poor football and a step backward for Tim's play as well.

I'm afraid those last five weeks of the season is far more like what much of Tim's starting QB future will look like ... Assuming he ever gets another long stretch as an NFL starting QB

But it was one exciting season and I'm grateful and happy that Tebow got that chance in the sun...

Last edited by Hulamau; 04-15-2012 at 11:36 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #91
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I wish Tebow would have lost a lot more games so we could have less conversations about him.
Ironically, it's debatable that we might be better off today with far better draft picks if we had at least lost a couple more of those won on 'shear luck' games... Maybe or maybe not Manning would still be here had we just missed the playoffs with a 6-9 record after the terrible start??

But now that Tim isn't here any longer and even the remote fantasy dream of him potentially leading us (and quite likely the odds of him leading any one else) to a future title is dead and buried, it's quite possible the trade off for the real excitement we all had for two months or so is a longer period required to rebuild the team with better quality draft picks...

Don't get me wrong, I loved the energy and thrill of last year as much as anyone, but it may turn out to be a bit like mortgaging the future a bit on a one year wonder FA that winds up setting us back a bit in time compared to if we had just won those games straight up that we did win outright without those that required the few 'Divine ' intervention miracles ?! )

Anyway, it is what it is and we have a good nucleus to build from starting next Thursday night and I hope we strike gold. In the meantime, I'm excited to watch the next few years unfold and should be a lot of fun!

Last edited by Hulamau; 04-15-2012 at 11:38 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote