The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #26
g6matty

Lamar Miller McGahee NoShow Fannin!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #27
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Lamar Miller McGahee NoShow Fannin!
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I would rather David Wilson or Doug Martin before Lamar Miller.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #29
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i'd be happy with any of Wilson,Miller or Martin. they will all be good NFL RB's.
i honestly wouldn't be pissed if we found a way to get 2 of the 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Tebow was the best RB in TC last year?
FYP...
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #31
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i think that it's highly likely a TE will get taken, the value of TE's this year is high in terms of quality players who will likely slide. Fleener is like the only 1st round guy. guys like Allen,Green,Egnew,Thompson & others will be there in the 2nd,3rd,4th and lower.

people keep talking about who we have already but it's Dreessen and Tamme. those are the locks. everyone else is competition and potential health or suspension issues. i'm are that TE isn't a huge need but Elway has shown that he sticks to his board over going for a need. he's not gonna draft the #30 ranked DT if the #6 TE is on the board.

Dreessen,Tamme,Thomas are your top 3. Thomas is dinged and wasn't able to stay healthy last season, Green is on the shelf for 4 games due to suspension and Ingram is a practice squad guy. that's 2 surefire TE's, 1 injury concern, 1 suspended guy and a camp fodder type who could become more. that's not the type of depth needed going into a full season.
Looking at the still available FA TE's, maybe they will have to grab one rather than draft a TE considering all the other needs. Granted, Green and Thomas are questionable for the season start and long-term also, but maybe they should forgo drafting a TE this year and grab a vet TE for the year.

The TE FA's still available from NFL.com are Bo Scaife, Shockey, Justin Peele, Anthony Becht, Kleinsasser, Mike Sellers, Shiancoe, Reggie Kelley, Tory Humphrey, Dallas Clark, Stephen Spach, Kris Wilson.

I guess it wouldn't be surprising to see one of the FA's brought in. BTW, I see Dante Rosario was signed by the Chargers. Dang, our rivals are picking our roster apart, Brady Quinn, Royal, Rosario . . .
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #32
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i'd much rather see them use a top 5 round pick on a TE than pick up a vet FA since we already have the two signed already. you developmental talents behind those to provide depth. Fox likes to keep 4 TE's on the roster, it's a major resource that Manning loves to use so it makes sense to load it up with as much talent as possible. plus we're only one injury away from that potential depth turning into a huge need much like with RB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Looking at the still available FA TE's, maybe they will have to grab one rather than draft a TE considering all the other needs. Granted, Green and Thomas are questionable for the season start and long-term also, but maybe they should forgo drafting a TE this year and grab a vet TE for the year.

The TE FA's still available from NFL.com are Bo Scaife, Shockey, Justin Peele, Anthony Becht, Kleinsasser, Mike Sellers, Shiancoe, Reggie Kelley, Tory Humphrey, Dallas Clark, Stephen Spach, Kris Wilson.

I guess it wouldn't be surprising to see one of the FA's brought in. BTW, I see Dante Rosario was signed by the Chargers. Dang, our rivals are picking our roster apart, Brady Quinn, Royal, Rosario . . .
Old 04-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #33
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Thomas flashed NFL potential with one whole catch. Woopty-do.
Just so I'm clear with your evaluation. Do teams typically start rookies opening day that don't show NFL potential. Especially 4th round picks.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #34
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Just so I'm clear with your evaluation. Do teams typically start rookies opening day that don't show NFL potential. Especially 4th round picks.
Thomas sucks. Keep jerkin' that chicken though.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Well, unfortunately for you the Broncos love Miller.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Thomas sucks. Keep jerkin' that chicken though.
Fact is if you really knew how Thomas was playing coming out of TC you would have realize he started opening night and was injured in the first series of game two once again playing with the starters but your in depth analysis was limited to the stat sheets hence the typical messageboard comeback
Old 04-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #37
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Fact is if you really knew how Thomas was playing coming out of TC you would have realize he started opening night and was injured in the first series of game two once again playing with the starters but your in depth analysis was limited to the stat sheets hence the typical messageboard comeback
Julius Thomas sure had a lot of competition for that spot. Him being a starter means dick with me considering who we had at the position.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #38
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Julius Thomas sure had a lot of competition for that spot. Him being a starter means dick with me considering who we had at the position.
It's not Thomas' job to bring in competition. Its his job to shine in TC and earn the time on the field. He did that and came out of TC as a starter but now you are telling me that starting in the NFL as a 4th round rookie means nothing (or "sucks" I believe is the term you used to describe his situation). Just making sure I understand your point of view.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #39
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Oh yea is see Fannin will be good use for the toss play in madden
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Injury Update

Per: Mario Fannin intrigues Broncos with speed, receiving ability at RB - The Denver Post

Reporting that initial injury to Fannin was ACL tear. Some reports indicated that it was an ankle injury. Obviously, ACL tear can be especially debilitating for an RB. Lots of athletes seem to recover relatively smoothly these days, but it's not a given. Especially for a roster fringe RB, they have a lot more pressure put on them to "recover faster", and thus risk re-injury.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #41
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Per: Mario Fannin intrigues Broncos with speed, receiving ability at RB - The Denver Post

Reporting that initial injury to Fannin was ACL tear. Some reports indicated that it was an ankle injury. Obviously, ACL tear can be especially debilitating for an RB. Lots of athletes seem to recover relatively smoothly these days, but it's not a given. Especially for a roster fringe RB, they have a lot more pressure put on them to "recover faster", and thus risk re-injury.
Obviously if Fannin hasn't fixed the fumbling issue, forget how much he would play since he won't make the team if that problem isn't solved. It would be too bad too since rare to have his size and speed and he showed in college at least he can catch the ball. He would also benefit from other teams not knowing much about him and could surprise defenses with that size and speed.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #42
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

gonna be tough for him to make the team unless he's fully recovered.
McGahee and Hillman are locks, then Moreno if healthy is #3 lock, that means it comes down to him & Ball.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:48 AM   #43
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
McGahee and Hillman are locks, then Moreno if healthy is #3 lock, that means it comes down to him & Ball.
Healthy or not, Moreno won't be on the team IMO. He was slow before the injury. My guess is he gets cut or traded before the end of training camp.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #44
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Moreno dicked up his ACL in December. No way he's close to 100% for the start of camp. If the FO uses their heads they'll PUP him. That lets Moreno get truly 100% healthy and at the same time gives us an extra player under control beyond the 53 man roster.

Then we roll with McGahee, Hillman, and the best two out of Fannin, Ball, Johnson, and any other UDFAs they've brought in. Chances are one of those guys gets hurt or is ineffective before we need to make the final call on Moreno. He's a lot better option than a street FA come about week 7 of the regular season.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #45
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Moreno dicked up his ACL in December. No way he's close to 100% for the start of camp. If the FO uses their heads they'll PUP him. That lets Moreno get truly 100% healthy and at the same time gives us an extra player under control beyond the 53 man roster.

Then we roll with McGahee, Hillman, and the best two out of Fannin, Ball, Johnson, and any other UDFAs they've brought in. Chances are one of those guys gets hurt or is ineffective before we need to make the final call on Moreno. He's a lot better option than a street FA come about week 7 of the regular season.
It was November, a quick turnaround for sure, but not miraculous
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #46
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

I agree, stashing Moreno on PUP seems smarter than rushing him back, where he probably looks like $#!t, and risks re-injury.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #47
CEH
Ring of Famer

IMO
I think Knowshown will be traded in TC. He is Ronnie Hillman. Why do you need two 3rd down type back but Hillman has better wheels to make a big play. Knowshown when healthy had what 36 yards as his longest play from scrimmage. Hillman will pass that with a 50 yard play before week 4
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #48
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'd love for Fannin to get a legitimate shot and playing. As for Moreno, if the Broncos ship him off in a trade that would not upset me either. He's a good pass catching RB but if Fannin is bigger, faster, can stay healthy and is willing to block (and has no fumble issues, yes this is a lot of IFs) then why keep Moreno around?

McGahee, Fannin & Hillman at RB and then have Gronk at FB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #49
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
It was November, a quick turnaround for sure, but not miraculous
He got it operated on in early December, his timetable to recovery starts after he was cut on.

And I'm sure he'll be physically able to go out during the later part of camp or pre-season and fight for a job. I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense to have him do so.

Regardless of what anyone might think about Moreno, he's obviously better than a mid-season street FA. RBs get hurt all the damn time. So why not use the PUP to float an extra RB to mid-season? Its the smart play. If Moreno was in real contention for the #1 job or was viewed as an essential part of the offensive scheme then it might be worth rushing him. But if the intent is to use a McGahee/Hillman combo it makes no sense to have Moreno, Fannin, Ball, Johnson, and anyone else they might add battle for just two roster spots when they can float Moreno to mid-season at no real penalty.

If he doesn't get PUPed its either because the FO plans to cut him as soon as he can pass a physical regardless of play level, or if he's so completely healthy that PUP-ing him fails to pass the league's standard of proof.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #50
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
All the focus in the Broncos’ backfield has been on Peyton Manning, but another player could be getting quite a bit of attention come September. One of my sources inside the team headquarters at Dove Valley tells me to keep an eye on Mario Fannin. The 2011 undrafted free agent ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at the combine and weighs 235. He was the team’s best running back in camp last year until he suffered a season-ending ankle injury. The Broncos have high hopes for Fannin, and wouldn’t be surprised if he played a major role in 2012.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-4214.html

Broncos TE Julius Thomas recently had surgery to repair torn ligaments in his right ankle and is hopeful to be ready for training camp. The team is hopeful, too, as it has high hopes for the second-year tight end. A former basketball player, Thomas was the most athletic player in Denver’s training camp last year, according to one team insider. He missed almost all of his rookie season with the ankle injury and is third on the depth chart behind free-agent pickups Joel Dreessen and Jacob Tamme.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/32368
IIRC Fannin tore his ACL maybe I'm thinking of someone else..

But if that is true, I'm guessing his source inside dove valley may not be all the great..

Pluss IIRC he was not drafted because his nick name was fumblerooski.. does not carry the ball well, lots of movement against his body, pretty loose with the rock..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote