The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #26
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I have yet to see Wolfe in the 2nd round . Maybe he's one of those risers but he should be there mid to late 3rd

What do you think of Marcus Forston out of MIA. He's kind of in the same boat as Jsh Champman. A kid who is coming off injury but would have gone higher. I really like him in the later rounds. 6-3 300
I know you didn't ask me, but isn't Forston a 3tech similar to DeJohn Harris from USC? I would not wait till 5-6 for one of them right? I'd rather use 1-3 on a UT and maybe 4 on chapman or randal to develop as the NT.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but isn't Forston a 3tech similar to DeJohn Harris from USC? I would not wait till 5-6 for one of them right? I'd rather use 1-3 on a UT and maybe 4 on chapman or randal to develop as the NT.
My draft guy hasn't ranked DTs yet and need to get a feel for who Denver brings in for interviews

To tell you the truth after last year and passing on several DTs some who were getting massive love where (Paea comes to mine ) I can't really say what rounds Denver will pick a DT. I hope it's not at #25

I do know Champman and Forston would be right up there as top DTs if not for the injury bug

I think both could go 3rd round
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #28
Bmore Manning

Quote:
My draft guy hasn't ranked DTs yet and need to get a feel for who Denver brings in for interviews

To tell you the truth after last year and passing on several DTs some who were getting massive love where (Paea comes to mine ) I can't really say what rounds Denver will pick a DT. I hope it's not at #25

I do know Champman and Forston would be right up there as top DTs if not for the injury bug

I think both could go 3rd round
I really like Chapman. I don't want a DT if it's a reach @25, I'm with you there.
Hopefully somebody falls and Denver can take them or trade down and stockpile 2's!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #29
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I really like Chapman. I don't want a DT if it's a reach @25, I'm with you there.
Hopefully somebody falls and Denver can take them or trade down and stockpile 2's!
What team will you root for when Peyton retires?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #30
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
A year after leading the NFL in rushing due in no small part to quarterback Tim Tebow, the Denver Broncos will return to the more conventional way of moving the football by simply allowing Peyton Manning to do what he does best - attack defenses through the air.

Though the decision to sign the 36 year-old Manning coming off of three spinal surgeries is certainly a gamble, it is one that could pay off in spades. The future Hall of Famer comes to Denver seeking to capture the resurrection that current Vice President of Football Operations John Elway enjoyed during Super Bowl titles late in his playing career with the Broncos. In choosing a team willing to scrap the strategy that earned them a spot in the divisional playoffs last season, as well as one boasting an attacking defense well suited to playing with a lead, Manning may have put himself in position to do precisely that.

For history to look kindly on the Broncos' risky decision, however, Elway, general manager Brian Xanders and head coach John Fox must continue to fill holes in the Denver roster. Defensive tackle is an obvious area of concern, but so too is depth at running back and cornerback.

Five picks Elway and Co. should contemplate:

DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 27)
The Broncos' biggest need - literally and figuratively - is clearly at defensive tackle. The team 22nd in the league in run defense in 2011 and that ranking was enhanced by the Broncos' ability to control the clock with their own No. 1 rated running attack. Denver could see two new starters in the defensive interior in 2012 as Brodrick Bunkley signed a free agent contract with the New Orleans Saints and the team hasn't made re-signing Marcus Thomas a priority. As such, should Worthy still be on the board when the Broncos pick at No. 25, the powerful and explosive defender certainly would make a great deal of sense.

RB Chris Polk, Washington (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 61)
Despite leading the NFL in rushing last season, the Broncos need help at the position. Veteran Willis McGahee deserved Comeback Player of the Year consideration after rushing for 1,199 yards in 2011 - just 48 yards shy of his previous career high gained back in 2005 with the Buffalo Bills. Without the threat of Tebow, however, McGahee could sink back to the journeyman status that saw him earn just three starts in his two seasons with Baltimore prior to signing with the Broncos. Polk has as good of tape as any running back in the country not named Trent Richardson. He's the type of determined, physical runner that Fox has preferred over his career and is an excellent receiver out of the backfield capable of earning Manning's trust quickly. If Denver is comfortable with the heavy workload Polk had with the Huskies, he'd be a quality schematic fit in the second round (No. 57 overall).

WR Rishard Matthews, Nevada (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 89)
The Broncos already boast two intriguing big and athletic young receivers in Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas for Peyton Manning to work with but replacing slot receiver and punt returner Eddie Royal (who signed with the San Diego Chargers) could make a versatile playmaker like Matthews a surprise target in the middle rounds (like third round pick, No. 87 overall). The Broncos may have addressed this concern already by signing veterans Andre Caldwell and Jason Hill and are reportedly interested in reuniting Manning with free agent Brandon Stokley but Matthews, who stepped up his game for the Wolfpack in 2011 after Colin Kaepernick was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers, is not only a talented receiver but returned punts for touchdowns in each of his two seasons at Nevada, as well. Still not convinced that Matthews would make sense? Check out this video.

QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 115)
Prior to the series of neck surgeries that sidelined him for the entire 2011 season, Manning's remarkable string of 227 consecutive starts ranks as one of the more impressive accomplishments of any player in NFL history. With Bears' castoff Caleb Hanie and 2011 undrafted free agent Adam Weber as the only quarterbacks on the roster behind Manning, don't be surprised if the Broncos add another passer via the draft. Arizona State's Brock Osweiler visited with the Broncos and, as such, he's been often projected to land in Denver. However, considering the risk involved with Manning's health and advanced age, adding a player with Wilson's starting experience and composure makes sense as well. If still available when the Broncos are up with their first of two picks in the fourth round, the underrated Wilson might simply provide too much value to pass up at No. 108 overall.

CB Leonard Johnson, Iowa State (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 136)
The Broncos got younger at cornerback by adding free agent Tracy Porter and releasing Andre Goodman to play opposite Champ Bailey, but with this remains a position of concern, especially considering that Bailey will be entering his 14th NFL season in 2012. Johnson may slip a bit on draft day after a disappointing showing at the Combine, but he plays with the physicality and competitiveness necessary to enjoy success behind the Broncos' extraordinary pass-rushing duo of Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil. He'd make sense with the Broncos' second fourth round pick, No. 120 overall.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...denver-broncos
This is probably as accurate a mock as any. I just don't understand the QB pick. Wilson is like the shortest QB in the draft, shorter than the Boise State kid. If the Broncos take a QB in the mid to late rounds it won't be Wilson.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #31
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What team will you root for when Peyton retires?
Years ago I cheered for Elways success, I have always been a fan of the game and enjoyed good players. I'm sure I will have a little bias to Denver with Manning playing there now. Wherever he coaches, or has an organizational job I will probably have a bias.

It's honestly really hard to say, growing up there was no Baltimore team, so I chose to be open minded to talent and not favor a team. Though I loved Denver with Elway and Montana/Young in San Fran.

I'm like an analyst, how they tend to be neutral, but love good players and study many teams.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

1-#25- Hightower, lb Alabama ( leader in the middle for next 10 yrs)
2-#57- Ta'Amu, DT Washington ( big run stuffer that we all know we need)
3-#87- Ben jones, G/C Georgia ( adds much needed depth, could overtake Walton)
4-#108- Joe Adams, WR Arkansas ( best punt returner in the draft IMO, slot guy as well)
4-#120- Kirk Cousins, QB Mich. ST ( our QB project)
5-#137- Terrance Ganaway, RB Baylor ( big bruiser with surprising speed)
6-#188- Coty Sensabaugh, CB Clemson ( depth in case the Squid isn't up to speed)

I think this draft addresses some of our biggest needs without reaching, as well as adding some much needed depth to the WR, OL, RB, and CB positions.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #33
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I would rather trade down a bit and take Doug Martin with the first, Ta'Amu with our second, and maybe Osweiler with the third if he's still there.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #34
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I would rather trade down a bit and take Doug Martin with the first, Ta'Amu with our second, and maybe Osweiler with the third if he's still there.
Only one of those three start immediately. We only have about three years to pull this off.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #35
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

To the OP:

You're projecting.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
I have yet to see Wolfe in the 2nd round . Maybe he's one of those risers but he should be there mid to late 3rd

What do you think of Marcus Forston out of MIA. He's kind of in the same boat as Jsh Champman. A kid who is coming off injury but would have gone higher. I really like him in the later rounds. 6-3 300
Forston needed to stay at Miami another year and work on his techinque. He has the physical talent but he will need to be dedicated to learning how to play in the pros (which is never easy). He will be late 4th to early 5th kinda of guy.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote