The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #26
kcbroncofan
Just Drafted

Do you guys remember the game that he had to hold down Marshals hands in the endzone because dumbazz was trying to pull out some gloves ? Shat like that is why I would gladly give Stokley a chance to make the team.
kcbroncofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #27
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Denver needs to get a receiver this draft. Glad there is some very good depth there.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #28
uplink
Ring of Famer

he is a good/experienced slot receiver. You can't really count on inexperienced players to contribute.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #29
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

If he was being brought in to be our #1 or #2, I could see why anyone would be against a vet minimum deal.

He's not.

If anything, he offers veteran leadership and a buffer bewteen Manning and our offense. If he can't beat out the other WRs on our team, he won't be on it in september.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #30
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I'd rather sign Blair White, but no harm in a camp looksie.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #31
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He is worth a look, but the Broncos should look for better. The WR class in this draft is deep .
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #32
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post

It'll be different this time.
One of the greatest Broncos of all time.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

People keep talking about how good DT and Decker will be under Manning... But I am in wait and see mode. Manning works off of precision routes and his wceivers being extremely adept at cutting at just the right moment. I think both Decker and DT have to show they have the quick twitch cuts to be effective and up until now, they have never had to run a ton of precise routes. McD's offense put them into open spots on the field. Manning style offenses do some of the same things, but it is also based heavily on the receivers adjusting based on how the defense aligns. If a CB lines up outside shoulder vs inside shoulder for example... I just don't know how much DT and Deck have had to make those reads at this point. Cautiously optimistic I am.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #34
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
the numbers have been posted eleswhere.. about 25% for DT and decekr not to far behind..

But maybe I read them wrong..

As for DT he had about that many 3-4 in the Bear game alone
TT end over curveball at your toes is easy to catch.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #35
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
the numbers have been posted eleswhere.. about 25% for DT and decekr not to far behind..

But maybe I read them wrong..

As for DT he had about that many 3-4 in the Bear game alone
Too much is brought up about DT and Decker dropping passes. It isn't easy trying to catch one of Tebow's wobbly floaters, or passes 3 or more yards behind the receiver or those curves at the feet of his receivers. I for one cant wait to see what these guys look like with a QB who can throw the ball with accuracy
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #36
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Too much is brought up about DT and Decker dropping passes. It isn't easy trying to catch one of Tebow's wobbly floaters, or passes 3 or more yards behind the receiver or those curves at the feet of his receivers. I for one cant wait to see what these guys look like with a QB who can throw the ball with accuracy
They were dropping passes with Orton too, for the umteenth time.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #37
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Hey, Rod Smith still had value all the way up to the bitter end. He couldn't get wide open, but he caught everything thrown his way. In a 4 WR set, there is a place for a possession guy like Stokely.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #38
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Hey, Rod Smith still had value all the way up to the bitter end. He couldn't get wide open, but he caught everything thrown his way. In a 4 WR set, there is a place for a possession guy like Stokely.
Pretty sure Rich Eisen runs faster than him at this point.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #39
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
h... I love Peyton but if you look at this video... he throws a lot of wobbly passes. He is just very accurate with them. But it does show that "wobbly" passes shouldn't be much of a problem. In the other hand... Decker and Thomas dropped passes that hit them in the numbers or hands. If you remember Thomas scout report when he came out of college said that he could make some really tough catches... but had the problem of the drops with the easier ones.

I think Decker is the one that will actually excel in this offense. DT will have his hiccups... but will get better as the season improves. Remember he also is not the best route runner. But yeah... it was all Tebow fault to all you who couldn't stand him.

Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I remember 1 real one and thats the TD drop. Maybe there was another one I don't know I would have to go back and watch, but there was a few "drops" that really aren't fair to pin on the WRs.

If you don't think 2 6'3 WRs one with sub 4.4 speed and the other with sub 4.5 speed isn't going to be up to Manning's standards your crazy. Manning is probably salivating at the thought of throwing to both of these guys. Do you remember what DT did to Ike Taylor in that Pittsburgh game? Decker can get deep and Thomas can get deep, Manning is going to love these guys.
As for the
Quote:
few "drops"
I have always been of the opinion that if an NFL WR touches the ball he should be able to catch it.. If it is behind you, over your head, in the dirt or anywhere the ball comes, they pay you big buck to make the catch.. Period end of discussion..

There are a miriad of reasons why the ball may be off, but being in the NFL as receiver means you have to be able to go get the pass..

I'm not saying they make every catch, but DT's numbers are not that good to excuse his dropping of passes..

PErsonnly after looking at his stats last year catching only 32 balls, even with Manning throwing to him. Maybe he will only the long ball guy and then 40-50 catches would be good.. I'm hoping that we get yet another WR between now and regular season..

Personally I think Manning is going be pissed at the lack of discipline they have had the past few years..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #41
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
If you can touch it you can catch. That is the standard. Expecting anything less is uncivilized.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
People keep talking about how good DT and Decker will be under Manning... But I am in wait and see mode. Manning works off of precision routes and his wceivers being extremely adept at cutting at just the right moment. I think both Decker and DT have to show they have the quick twitch cuts to be effective and up until now, they have never had to run a ton of precise routes. McD's offense put them into open spots on the field. Manning style offenses do some of the same things, but it is also based heavily on the receivers adjusting based on how the defense aligns. If a CB lines up outside shoulder vs inside shoulder for example... I just don't know how much DT and Deck have had to make those reads at this point. Cautiously optimistic I am.
I agree with this completely.. I do not see our guys being the level of WR he has had in years past..

I know he will make them better but just how far can they grow ina few months.. With DTs lack of mouth skills in the Tebow debacle one wonders if he is mature enough to handle prefection that Manning requires..
Old 04-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #43
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Manning is a perfectionist.. he often had his O running routes after hours to get to where they needed to be.. I just do not see DT in particular rising to that level..

Decker IIRC caught everything near him in college and ran good routes.

DT was very limited in college in route running and was not used much.. With DT's injuries over the past two years he has only played in 21 games and started in 7, not much to hang your hat on this kid.. has loads of potential but betting the farm on him well not smart.. expecting him to be an all pro because he caught THE ONE pass in OT, well that is being very optimistic..
Old 04-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #44
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
If you can touch it you can catch. That is the standard. Expecting anything less is uncivilized.
That is indeed the NFL standard..

why every one feels the need to put all the blame on Tebow is beyond me.. Since none of us were in the huddle, film room None of us know if the WR ran the correct routes or made the cuts correctly.. So placing all the blame ALL on Tebow well just may be misinformed.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #45
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
That is indeed the NFL standard..

why every one feels the need to put all the blame on Tebow is beyond me.. Since none of us were in the huddle, film room None of us know if the WR ran the correct routes or made the cuts correctly.. So placing all the blame ALL on Tebow well just may be misinformed.
That is the NFL the QB gets all the praise in wins and all the blame in losses unless he is named Tebow, then he only receives praise and critics are haters. Nevermind several of his miracles were due to defense holding teams in check, Prater drilling kicks, or incompetence of opposition, in the eyes of the blind followers it was all Tim.

Now in the case of drops, they happen to everyone. People need to remember that DT and Decker are young and have been jerked around in systems and their development. Both had injuries leading into their rookie years, DT had one leading into year 2. You cant really say they were dropping passes with Orton because they weren't big parts of the offense while he played. Neither of them have played much with an accurate passer and that shows in drops and route running.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #46
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
That is the NFL the QB gets all the praise in wins and all the blame in losses unless he is named Tebow, then he only receives praise and critics are haters. Nevermind several of his miracles were due to defense holding teams in check, Prater drilling kicks, or incompetence of opposition, in the eyes of the blind followers it was all Tim.

Now in the case of drops, they happen to everyone. People need to remember that DT and Decker are young and have been jerked around in systems and their development. Both had injuries leading into their rookie years, DT had one leading into year 2. You cant really say they were dropping passes with Orton because they weren't big parts of the offense while he played. Neither of them have played much with an accurate passer and that shows in drops and route running.
Elway made a name for himself after a very critical fumble. You can points to mistakes made all over the place in almost every game. Team sport. Just as Elway got a lot of the praise during those comebacks. As for WRs catching passes, most everyone you talk to considers the ball Wes Welker missed in the SB a drop... But it wasn't an accurate pass either. Sometimes receivers are just expected to make the play despite the ball not being perfectly placed. The difference between Tebow and most QBs is, Tebow is so inconsistent he is hard to adjust to. Kind of like Randy Johnson in his early years!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote