The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choke Job?
Big Time! 36 41.86%
Yes. 22 25.58%
No. 23 26.74%
Greatest Season Ever! All Hail Peyton Manning! 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #376
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornStore
yo slap, how about responding to points instead of dodging and flaming.

defend indy's O-line, please, and explain how NE was able to get pressure with 3-4 rushers and have been able to consistently. explain why indy is ranked so low in power rushing conversions. explain why if their o-line is so fantastic, edge got stuffed by NE despite a zone passing defense?

explain how mcnabb's team's success the year after he joined makes him better than peyton *now*. perhaps peyton took longer to develop, doesn't have any impact on their current success. defend your assertion that tra thomas, mayberry, fraley, runyan, westbrook, buckhalter, and staley haven't been contributors on mcnabb's offense, or that his defense hasn't been SUBSTANTIALLY better than manning's.

or will you just dodge any actual football debate and go straight to the insults and flames yet again? i don't blame you, you dont' have a limb to stand on.
Man, this troll has impressive stamina, if nothing else. He gets beaten beyond recognition over and over and he keeps coming back for more. He's definitely got more sand than Peyton, who had completely given up before halftime on Sunday.

rofl
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #377
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornStore
pathetic, but not unexpected. you make a horribly flawed comparison between plummer's poorly thrown tipped interceptions and manning's receiver's fumbles. i then call you out on it and instead of defending your stupid comparison or admitting it was flawed, you backtrack into "lol i know im dumb, i was just trolling you, duh!" forgive me if i don't believe you. even if you are intentionally being this stupid, though, i don't find it annoying. on the contrary, your stupidity is extremely entertaining.
You have a rather high opinion of your posts. And also some reading comprehension. Everyone here is trolling you. It is entertaining. Especially when you think by telling me what you "believe" you have proved anything.

All you continue to prove is you know very little about some of the teams you insist on discussing -- including the Bills.

Whenever anyone points out your ignorance or inconsistancies you resort to unimaginitive insults that don't even have any originality or wit. In other words you reside in the dime a dozen troll category.

It's okay kid. You aren't the first one to come in here and be unable to leave. We just effect people that way. But now you've used the same lame insult twice and even though I tried to tell you very plainly that many people in here are deliberately yanking your chain you don't have the mental capacity or maturity to get over yourself and understand no one is giving you their actual opinions because it's more fun to see you deciding everyone here is stupid. That is, of course, extremely logical.

I hope Peyton justifies your confidence. He's a good quarterback. It's just a bit premature to hang the great title on him.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #378
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Man, this troll has impressive stamina, if nothing else. He gets beaten beyond recognition over and over and he keeps coming back for more. He's definitely got more sand than Peyton, who had completely given up before halftime on Sunday.

rofl

Ouch! careful SLap, your going to make Cornhole cry.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:50 PM   #379
CornStore
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

rofl

no surprise here, another dodge. keep on stating "facts" about mcnabb and indy's o-line, but don't back them up at all, that would be expecting too much for such a "football genius" as yourself.

you know way more about dodgeball than you do about football.
CornStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #380
CornStore
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
You have a rather high opinion of your posts. And also some reading comprehension. Everyone here is trolling you. It is entertaining. Especially when you think by telling me what you "believe" you have proved anything.

All you continue to prove is you know very little about some of the teams you insist on discussing -- including the Bills.

Whenever anyone points out your ignorance or inconsistancies you resort to unimaginitive insults that don't even have any originality or wit. In other words you reside in the dime a dozen troll category.

It's okay kid. You aren't the first one to come in here and be unable to leave. We just effect people that way. But now you've used the same lame insult twice and even though I tried to tell you very plainly that many people in here are deliberately yanking your chain you don't have the mental capacity or maturity to get over yourself and understand no one is giving you their actual opinions because it's more fun to see you deciding everyone here is stupid. That is, of course, extremely logical.

I hope Peyton justifies your confidence. He's a good quarterback. It's just a bit premature to hang the great title on him.
yes, everyone here is "trolling" me by spouting random BS they can't support. what was your position again? tipped interceptions are the same as fumbles? oh yeah that's right. no wonder you guys won't stick to the subject after spouting BS like that. don't worry, you can always backtrack by claiming you've been trolling me so you won't be held accountable for your stupidity.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #381
CornStore
Seasoned Veteran

and about this: "Especially when you think by telling me what you "believe" you have proved anything."

so you expect me to rewind through every one of plummer's tipped passes and find evidence that some of them were his fault when anyone knows this to be true? how about YOU go through and demonstrate none of them were his fault, since you were the one who tried to make the ridiculous comparison.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:44 AM   #382
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:

rofl

Excellent, and most supurb example of Troll Bait.

Hook

Line

and

gauranteed indignant sputtering.

Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #383
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame
Chef fan may have forgotten that when Elway led the Broncos to b2b SB wins, the DC was Greg Robinson....
Yeah BF, common sense is at an all time low in football commentary these days. Cliches rule the day, even when people KNOW its a team sport.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #384
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Jeez. CornStore has so many Black Dots, he's on the verge of creating a singularity and dragging the whole site into the event horizon.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #385
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
Jeez. CornStore has so many Black Dots, he's on the verge of creating a singularity and dragging the whole site into the event horizon.
I recently watched Event Horizon again. Very underrated sci-fi/horror hybrid. Maybe the best one after Alien.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:10 PM   #386
labronx
Remember 98

Astronomy, Math, Medicine & Music

Location: The San Fernando Valley (5th largest city in the country!)

Quote:
I recently watched Event Horizon again. Very underrated sci-fi/horror hybrid. Maybe the best one after Alien.
That movie changed my life for a while.
To me its better than Alien.

im more of a symbolism kind a guy
labronx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #387
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I haven't been in this thread since page 11, and I really don't feel like reading up. Cornhole was saying that no other QB would have done anything against the Pats D, including Elway. By making that comment he's pretty much saying that Manning is one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. He's saying that if Manning can't do it, then guys like Elway, Montana, Johny U, Young, Marino, Farve, and others, could not have done it. Sorry, Manning is working on a HOF career, but he aint there yet. If he stays on this path he'll make the HOF, but he won't be a top 5 or so QB of all time. Many people leave Marino off their top 5 list (nobody leaves Elway off of it).

The Pats have a good D, but they aren't the '85 Bears or the '00 Ravens. They played toward Manning's weakness by putting pressure on him. If Elways stength was getting away from the pressure, then wouldn't that mean that Elway would have done better than Manning in that same situation?

Elway was staring at 98 yards in the Dawg Pound, and was under a ton of pressure. They were throwing dog bones at him. The crowd was going nuts. But he came through. When Elway's Broncos beat the Browns in '87, the Browns had the 2nd ranked defense in the league. And they were 7th in '89 when the Broncos smashed them.

You can also take a look at Montana. In '84 his Niners beat the Bears in the NFC Championship game. The Bears had the #1 defense in the league. The Niners beat them in the NFC championship game in '88. Again, the Bears had the #1 defense.

Look at the Bears. In '85 they beat Parcell's Giants, who were #3 in the league in defense (Billicheck was the DC), and then they beat the Rams, who had the #6 defense.

The point is that just beacause a team has a good defense doesn't mean you should lose to them all the time. At some point you have to beat a good defense. Teams are never going to win a Super Bowl beating a bunch of average defenses. This is the playoffs, not the regular season. Manning isn't going to see to many bad defenses come playoff time.

The '97-'98 Broncos had to beat the Chiefs, Steelers, Packers, Dolphins, Jets (with Bellickeck), and Falcons. All of those teams had very good defenses.

When ever Manning runs into a good defense (outside of a dome), he loses. Other great QBs have faced very good defenses and won. So if you put those other QBs in Manning's place, based on history, they would have done better, and probably would have led their team to a win with all that talent on offense.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #388
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by labronx
That movie changed my life for a while.
To me its better than Alien.

im more of a symbolism kind a guy

As a horror movie fan that movie didnt impress me that much but i love Fishburn's work.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #389
vindico
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Please, though, start another Slap is an a-hole thread if you must, but let's leave this thread strictly for bashing the choking dog that is Peyton Manning.
So what did you think about the Broncos signing Manning?
vindico is offline   Reply With Quote