The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Los NBA

Most ridiculous thing I have seen with putting Los or el on the team names to celebrate Latin history. Last I checked the amount of Latin players playing is very small. How long is this going to last, it's been almost a month now. The day the NFL does Los Broncos vs. el Raiders is a cold day in hell. We live in America, may want to market to those that fill your seats.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
D_Bronc7
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I definitely don't the mind the efforts of pro leagues celebrating Latin history. The fan support is definitely there, even for games in Mexico City and in the US. I'm not Hispanic or anything, and only took some high school Spanish, but just there's a lot of Latin history in the Americas, especially here in the southwest. The Spanish language definitely has its stamp on American culture; a lot of our states are derived from the Spanish language e.g. Colorado, California, Florida, New Mexico, etc. Even our beloved Broncos name is the only NFL team name derived from Spanish, meaning 'rough', and used to describe a wild horse. So 'Los Broncos' would be spot on.

I do, however, wish they would go all the way with the Spanish names for the NBA teams. They really should translate the entire name into Spanish. 'Los Suns' would be 'Los Soles', 'Los Bulls' would be 'Los Toros', 'Los Spurs' would be 'Las Espuelas', and so on. Maybe they'll do that eventually. Anyhow, go Broncos.
D_Bronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

It's not Latin, it's Latino. Without a breached border, there wouldn't be nearly as many Latinos in this country as there are, so I consider this kind of thing pandering to illegal aliens.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote