The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Would you approve trading a 2nd round pick to the Panthers in exchange for RB Jonathan Stewart?
YES 41 23.16%
NO 124 70.06%
Thank Goodness This Isn't Another Manning/Tebow Thread. 12 6.78%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #101
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,917

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Some recent 2nd round picks by the Denver Broncos


• Rahim Moore
• Zane Beadles
• Alphonso Smith
• Darcel McBath
• Richard Quinn
• Tim Crowder
• Tatum Bell
• Terry Pierce



Jury is still out on Rahim Moore and Zane Beadles. It doesn't look good, but I'm holding out hope that they will be solid starters.

Alphonso Smith is a good corner, just not with us. (All the more reason not to give up on a guy.)

Darcel McBath is in Jax now and he has moved from Safety to corner. He was solid, just couldn't stay healthy. I'd say the jury is still out.

Richard Quinn - terrible pick. I didn't like it at the time. Never liked it.

Tim Crowder - same as above.

Tatum Bell had a good year. We also got Dre Bly for him who wasn't what I would call solid, but made a few plays.

I don't know much about Terry Pierce. I was in military school when he was drafted.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #102
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Yup, you're right. I misread his contract. He's got a club option that the Broncos can exercise if they want for a 6th season. Thought the option was for the 5th season. Kind of surprised a first round RB would potentially tie himself down for that long for such relatively small money.
Before the new CBA, five year deals were the standard for 1st round picks, weren't they? Then four years for the 2nd round, and three years for every round thereafter. Unless I'm misremembering.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #103
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

NO.

But a third next year? YES.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #104
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Before the new CBA, five year deals were the standard for 1st round picks, weren't they? Then four years for the 2nd round, and three years for every round thereafter. Unless I'm misremembering.
Exactly. It's simply the extra 6th year that the team holds the option for that surprised me.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #105
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Jury is still out on Rahim Moore and Zane Beadles. It doesn't look good, but I'm holding out hope that they will be solid starters.

Alphonso Smith is a good corner, just not with us. (All the more reason not to give up on a guy.)

Darcel McBath is in Jax now and he has moved from Safety to corner. He was solid, just couldn't stay healthy. I'd say the jury is still out.

Richard Quinn - terrible pick. I didn't like it at the time. Never liked it.

Tim Crowder - same as above.

Tatum Bell had a good year. We also got Dre Bly for him who wasn't what I would call solid, but made a few plays.

I don't know much about Terry Pierce. I was in military school when he was drafted.
Terry pierce was a disappointment...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #106
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,891

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Broncos want another RB regardless of Knowshon Moreno's condition


Moreno is a former first-round pick, just 24, and may have been having the best day of his career as a runner with 52 yards on four carries against the Chiefs when he was injured along the sideline. And with the offense the Broncos will run featuring Peyton Manning behind center, there would be a place for a back who catches the ball as well as Moreno does. Also, Moreno is well-versed in pass protection — a must for any NFL back to play on third down.

But Fox wants some more muscle in the backfield in support of 30-year-old Willis McGahee.

In his tenure with the Carolina Panthers, Fox was in the team's "war room" when it used two first-round picks on running backs — DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart — to have the kind of depth in the backfield he wanted. The strength of the draft board this year doesn't show any backs beyond Alabama's Trent Richardson with unquestionable first-round grades.

But there are numerous bigger backs with middle-round grades who will get a long look from the Broncos.



http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...edium=facebook
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #107
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Broncos want another RB regardless of Knowshon Moreno's condition


Moreno is a former first-round pick, just 24, and may have been having the best day of his career as a runner with 52 yards on four carries against the Chiefs when he was injured along the sideline. And with the offense the Broncos will run featuring Peyton Manning behind center, there would be a place for a back who catches the ball as well as Moreno does. Also, Moreno is well-versed in pass protection — a must for any NFL back to play on third down.

But Fox wants some more muscle in the backfield in support of 30-year-old Willis McGahee.

In his tenure with the Carolina Panthers, Fox was in the team's "war room" when it used two first-round picks on running backs — DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart — to have the kind of depth in the backfield he wanted. The strength of the draft board this year doesn't show any backs beyond Alabama's Trent Richardson with unquestionable first-round grades.

But there are numerous bigger backs with middle-round grades who will get a long look from the Broncos.



http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...edium=facebook
Moreno being good at pass protection is news to me
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #108
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Moreno being good at pass protection is news to me
Seriously?

Just because the guy hasn't shown an ability to consistently see the lanes and run with authority doesn't mean he sucks at everything.

He was the best pass pro back on our team last year, including McGahee and Larsen. He runs routes better than most of our WRs. He catches better than most of our WRs. Dude just has ****ty vision at the line and as a result is indecisive as a runner.

He could be a great 3rd down back/slot weapon similar to what the Saints have done with Sproles and Bush over the last several years. He's just hasn't shown the ability to be a dominant every down back. We need a guy like that since McGahee is an old man by NFL RB standards.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #109
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

He could be a great 3rd down back/slot weapon similar to what the Saints have done with Sproles and Bush over the last several years. He's just hasn't shown the ability to be a dominant every down back. We need a guy like that since McGahee is an old man by NFL RB standards.
I've always said this guy is a poor man's Kevin Faulk. He is more talented supposedly but the production isn't near as good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #110
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I've always said this guy is a poor man's Kevin Faulk. He is more talented supposedly but the production isn't near as good.
Is this a joke?!?

Kevin Faulk after his first 3 seasons vs Moreno after 3 seasons:

Faulk 1718 all purpose yards and 10 TDs
Moreno 2591 all purpose yards and 18 TDs
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #111
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Is this a joke?!?

Kevin Faulk after his first 3 seasons vs Moreno after 3 seasons:

Faulk 1718 all purpose yards and 10 TDs
Moreno 2591 all purpose yards and 18 TDs
Yeah same guy. Rush for 3 to 400 yds catch 40 balls a year. Moreno should have better numbers he was tried as the guy but can't stay healthy or beat out a 31 year old. He is was he is 12 pick on 3 rd down back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #112
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yeah same guy. Rush for 3 to 400 yds catch 40 balls a year.
Again, are you joking?

Moreno's rookie year, he had 950 yards rushing. His 2nd year, 780.

In what world is that the equivalent of 300-400 yards rushing?

There is absolutely no way to make an argument that Faulk is the more productive back. I'm sorry. There just isn't.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #113
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,891

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Williams and Stewart both were first-round picks by the Panthers and are highly regarded by the team. But it’s pretty obvious the Panthers just sent a message that either one could be available and other teams are going to start calling to inquire about trades."

"It might be difficult to get a trade partner for Williams. The Panthers signed him to a huge contract last summer and that could scare off some suitors. But I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of the Panthers dealing Williams. Fox likes Williams a lot and could want a new toy for Peyton Manning in Denver. Some other team might be willing to take a shot on Williams."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...ffle-backfield
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #114
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

Backs are a dime a dozen...we need impact players in this draft

1) oline depth
2) dline depth
3) secondary depth

How can you even think giving up a 2nd when you could fill 2 of these 3 needs quickly in the 2nd round?
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #115
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Pass on Dwill.... Do want JStew for a the later 2nd or 3rd...
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #116
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

When is the last time this guy played 6-8 straight games?
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #117
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,891

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Adam Schefter

With trade deadline Tuesday, teams around league have contacted Carolina to inquire about RB DeAngelo Williams. Panthers willing to listen.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #118
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Adam Schefter

With trade deadline Tuesday, teams around league have contacted Carolina to inquire about RB DeAngelo Williams. Panthers willing to listen.





With that contract; hell no!

If we trade for a RB it needs to be someone with less wear and tear. I say call Jacksonville about Rashard Jennings.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #119
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
With that contract; hell no!

If we trade for a RB it needs to be someone with less wear and tear. I say call Jacksonville about Rashard Jennings.
He is starting.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #120
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,162

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I'd give a 4th for Williams. He would be a nice addition and push Ball out of the picture.

They probably want a 2nd or a 3rd...but, it won't happen.

They may also consider a player plus a draft pick. We have some guys on our team that could be expendable. Guys like Julius Thomas, Knowshon Moreno, or Andre Caldwell.

Or, how about Tracy Porter straight across for D. Williams?
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #121
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
Backs are a dime a dozen...we need impact players in this draft

1) oline depth
2) dline depth
3) secondary depth

How can you even think giving up a 2nd when you could fill 2 of these 3 needs quickly in the 2nd round?
1)Dline
2)LB
3)secondary

IMO, would be our biggest needs. Oline has played pretty well overall. they can be better but aren't our biggest need.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #122
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

No team is going to give a 2nd for stewart. I would for MJD but not Stewart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #123
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Is this a joke?!?

Kevin Faulk after his first 3 seasons vs Moreno after 3 seasons:

Faulk 1718 all purpose yards and 10 TDs
Moreno 2591 all purpose yards and 18 TDs
that is because Moreno started for a whole season where as Faulk was never a started and never got starter's carries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #124
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
He is starting.
I know I just really wanted him in Denver.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #125
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
No team is going to give a 2nd for stewart. I would for MJD but not Stewart.
yep a guy on crutches is going to help..

he is a RB with a lot of wear and tear on him.. how about we look for a young stud instead..

Not all of them are day one picks.. in fact some are not even drafted..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Denver Broncos