The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you approve trading a 2nd round pick to the Panthers in exchange for RB Jonathan Stewart?
YES 41 23.16%
NO 124 70.06%
Thank Goodness This Isn't Another Manning/Tebow Thread. 12 6.78%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #76
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
The Draft is suppose to be deep at RB this year, heck look at Arian Foster from the Texans he was a 'Undrafted' running back.

I would rather the Broncos use a late round draft pick and get someone younger with fresher legs than trading for running back.
I'm not a fan of this logic.

Think about it. How many 4th round and later and undrafted RBs have been signed by NFL teams in the last 5 years? Well over 100. How many have become great NFL running backs? One? Two?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #77
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'm not a fan of this logic.

Think about it. How many 4th round and later and undrafted RBs have been signed by NFL teams in the last 5 years? Well over 100. How many have become great NFL running backs? One? Two?
Well but we did it 3 or 4 times back about 10-15 years ago, so...we still can do it nowadays. Right? Right?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #78
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Well but we did it 3 or 4 times back about 10-15 years ago, so...we still can do it nowadays. Right? Right?
Why we are at it we should find another UDFA WR like Rod Smith.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #79
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Not so fast!

Xanders: Broncos optimistic about RB Moreno

April 02, 2012 3:52 p.m. - by Andrew Mason

Knowshon Moreno, a 2009 first-round pick, was a disappointment before tearing his ACL at Kansas City last November. However, GM Brian Xanders said the team is optimistic about where he'll fit in a Peyton Manning-led offense. "He created an interesting role for himself on third-down plays," Xanders told KKFN-FM 104.3 in Denver. "He's very reliable in pass protection
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #80
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Not so fast!

Knowshon Moreno, a 2009 first-round pick, was a disappointment before tearing his ACL at Kansas City last November. However, GM Brian Xanders said the team is optimistic about where he'll fit in a Peyton Manning-led offense. "He created an interesting role for himself on third-down plays," Xanders told KKFN-FM 104.3 in Denver. "He's very reliable in pass protection
I guess Xanders and Moreno have been drinking buddies this offseason.

Here's to hoping Moreno has a career season. If he is able to catch passes in the open field, and not have break through the line, he might be a real asset.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #81
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

Here's to hoping Moreno has a career season. If he is able to catch passes in the open field, and not have break through the line, he might be a real asset.
Have a career year and be trade bait?

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #82
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Not so fast!

Was this a pun on Moreno's lack of speed?

If so, nice one.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #83
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

I still like Moreno a lot as a 3rd down back. With Manning I think he will be set for a big year. Plus, if he stays healthy, he's always due for a good game those two times we play the Chiefs.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #84
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Moreno's in the last year of his contract. Logic (and pretty much all of NFL history) dictates that he's going to have the best year of his career.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #85
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Moreno's in the last year of his contract. Logic (and pretty much all of NFL history) dictates that he's going to have the best year of his career.
Moreno signed a 5 year deal in 2009, so he still has two seasons left on his rookie contract.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #86
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
yep. If the Broncos are going to retain Moreno, this is his year to show the team what he's got.

I really want the Broncos to bring in another RB either via the draft or a trade. I love the potential of a young drafted RB but if the Broncos can pull a trade for Stewart for say a 4th round pick then do it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #87
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Moreno signed a 5 year deal in 2009, so he still has two seasons left on his rookie contract.
Yup, you're right. I misread his contract. He's got a club option that the Broncos can exercise if they want for a 6th season. Thought the option was for the 5th season. Kind of surprised a first round RB would potentially tie himself down for that long for such relatively small money.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #88
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Yup, you're right. I misread his contract. He's got a club option that the Broncos can exercise if they want for a 6th season. Thought the option was for the 5th season. Kind of surprised a first round RB would potentially tie himself down for that long for such relatively small money.
Isn't the average a running back plays in the NFL like 4 years...? I've heard nothing on how Moreno is doing on his rehab.. he could be done for all we know.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #89
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Even he knows he Sucks balls
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #90
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Isn't the average a running back plays in the NFL like 4 years...?
Maybe for ALL RBs grouped together (including all 4th-7th rounders, undrafted guys, camp fodder, etc). But if you're only talking first round picks, I'm guessing that number is higher. It's a pretty big anomaly for a first round RB to wash out of the league in less than 4 years.

Quote:
I've heard nothing on how Moreno is doing on his rehab.. he could be done for all we know.
No way. If he was done, he'd have been cut by now. He's given them enough other excuses to cut him outright with his off the field exploits and they haven't done it.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #91
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
Even he knows he Sucks balls
C'mon now. He's not THAT bad. In just over 2 seasons worth of actual games, he's got 2,600 all purpose yards and 18 TDs, running behind an OLine that everyone here has said was among the worst in NFL history in run blocking. In reality, how many guys on our current roster have been more productive?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #92
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I just think Moreneo has Pandis.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #93
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
C'mon now. He's not THAT bad. In just over 2 seasons worth of actual games, he's got 2,600 all purpose yards and 18 TDs, running behind an OLine that everyone here has said was among the worst in NFL history in run blocking. In reality, how many guys on our current roster have been more productive?
Dude he got out played by a 30 year old we just picked up that offseason. He isn't that good and if it comes down to him or a second round pick for Stewart I would trade for Stewart everytime.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 04-04-2012 at 10:13 AM..
Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #94
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Dude he got out played by a 30 year old we just picked up that offseason.
Moreno was hurt all year and only had one game with more than 8 carries. It's not really a fair comparison IMO. McGahee obviously had a career resurgence last year with a style of offense that really benefitted him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He isn't that good and if it comes down to him or a second round pick for Williams I would trade for Williams everytime.
All I was doing was rebutting the "suck balls" comment by providing hard data. It's not like I'm calling him all pro or even great. The guy's shown that when he's healthy, he can produce. And he's basically playing for the league minimum at this point, so there's no risk.

Williams who? Do you mean Stewart? Because nobody's been a bigger proponent of bringing him in than me.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #95
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Moreno was hurt all year and only had one game with more than 8 carries. It's not really a fair comparison IMO. McGahee obviously had a career resurgence last year with a style of offense that really benefitted him.

All I was doing was rebutting the "suck balls" comment by providing hard data. It's not like I'm calling him all pro or even great. The guy's shown that when he's healthy, he can produce. And he's basically playing for the league minimum at this point, so there's no risk.

Williams who? Do you mean Stewart? Because nobody's been a bigger proponent of bringing him in than me.
See that's how much I think of Moreno I'm willing to trade for some guy named Williams and I don't even know he is
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #96
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Moreno makes more sense in a Manning scheme. But he doesn't make any sense as a primary back on a team serious about running the ball. He's either a receiving back on a pass-happy team, or a 3rd down back on a more balanced offense.

McGahee did well last year, but 31 is old, and he wasn't exactly durable last year as it was. If the team is serous about running the ball, it will pick up quality young legs. And I think for a second rounder, you're more likely to see better production out of Stewart than a run-of-the-mill late 2nd round draft pick.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #97
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

No disagreement here. I'm all in favor of a three headed attack of McGahee, Stewart and Moreno.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #98
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
No disagreement here. I'm all in favor of a three headed attack of McGahee, Stewart and Moreno.
Yeah, that's my wish. But my prediction is that they use their early picks on other needs and maybe spend a late-rounder on RB... because at the end of the day, they know we'll be airing it out.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #99
yerner
Ring of Famer

Why is this still an option. Didn't they trade Mike Goodson last week and say they expect Tolbert to play fullback? I don't think Stewart is going anywhere.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #100
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Why is this still an option. Didn't they trade Mike Goodson last week and say they expect Tolbert to play fullback? I don't think Stewart is going anywhere.
The Panthers announced last week that they were listening to offers for Stewart.