The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you approve trading a 2nd round pick to the Panthers in exchange for RB Jonathan Stewart?
YES 41 23.16%
NO 124 70.06%
Thank Goodness This Isn't Another Manning/Tebow Thread. 12 6.78%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #51
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward63 View Post
We have a pretty good track record for drafting RB's in the second round that come out of the University of Miami.
We do with 6 th rd picks out of Georgia and Utah. We suck at 1 st rd rb out of Georgia though.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #52
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'd rather trade 2nd rounder for DT vs a RB though
Sure. If there's one out there to be had that's worth it. Not sure if there is though.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #53
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I wouldn't offer a lot for a soon to be free agent. A 3rd rounder would be the most I would offer at this point.
Well...I think they would only do a deal involving a higher pick if Stewart and the broncos had a agreeable contract on the table.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #54
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Forte instead, please.
Stewart all day long please...cheaper, same age, way less carries, still good at catching the ball out of the back field.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #55
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

His contract ends after this season.

...no.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #56
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
His contract ends after this season.

...no.

All the more reason TO trade for him..

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #57
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
No. Just draft a guy for much less.

Cost less and it's been said many a time. RB's don't have hardly any learning curve for the NFL and can provide instant production.

No thanks, I'd keep the pick.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #58
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Carolina won't be motivated to trade Stewart for a moderate-to-low haul because Hurney knows the Panthers will likely receive a compensatory draft pick ó perhaps as high as a third-round selection ó if Stewart becomes a free agent next offseason and signs elsewhere.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/32054
Don't understand the logic there. We're going to turn down a guaranteed 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft to MAYBE get a 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft? I'm not buying it. Simple posturing.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #59
houghtam
Ring of Famer

I just came in here to see how many people made the inevitable Jon Stewart joke. Wow, no one? You guys is slippin.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #60
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
Well...I think they would only do a deal involving a higher pick if Stewart and the broncos had a agreeable contract on the table.
Yep, I agree.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #61
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Don't understand the logic there. We're going to turn down a guaranteed 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft to MAYBE get a 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft? I'm not buying it. Simple posturing.
Yeah, a late 3rd at best, a year from now, that they can't use in any trades. Almost as good!
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #62
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Old 03-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #63
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Did I miss something in this article?

The board is assuming a 3rd round pick..The article doesn't say 3rd round pick. It's premise is moderate to low. Based on they will sit pat and get a 3rd comp pick I would logically assume moderate to low from the article means 4th or lower.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #64
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Did I miss something in this article?

The board is assuming a 3rd round pick..The article doesn't say 3rd round pick. It's premise is moderate to low. Based on they will sit pat and get a 3rd comp pick I would logically assume moderate to low from the article means 4th or lower.
We're assuming a 3rd round pick, because multiple sources have announced that we've already offered a third (plus some other late round pick). Even if they are false, think about it. What's bettter? A 4th in the 2012 draft or a potential 3rd round comp pick (which is essentially a 4th anyway since they don't come until the very end of the 3rd round) two years later in 2014 (if they keep him this season and let him go at the end of the year in FA, they don't get a 2013 comp pick, they'll get a 2014 pick).

Why wait 2 more years for something that may in all likelihood be WORSE compensation? Is having him on your roster this year with two other more than capable backs really worth that?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #65
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We're assuming a 3rd round pick, because multiple sources have announced that we've already offered a third (plus some other late round pick). Even if they are false, think about it. What's bettter? A 4th in the 2012 draft or a potential 3rd round comp pick (which is essentially a 4th anyway since they don't come until the very end of the 3rd round) two years later in 2014 (if they keep him this season and let him go at the end of the year in FA, they don't get a 2013 comp pick, they'll get a 2014 pick).

Why wait 2 more years for something that may in all likelihood be WORSE compensation? Is having him on your roster this year with two other more than capable backs really worth that?
Multiple sources alway said Manning was a Titan. So much for that inside information

Why do you assume the article knew of the rumors from rotoworld. That's all I'm saying. The article is sound in it's premise and it's known facts. All the other stuff is being applied to the article from outside sources or rumors from rotoworld.
Just odd that ppl want to apply two independent and discrete sources together

Last edited by CEH; 03-25-2012 at 08:00 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #66
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

The "I know what comp picks team X will get for players Y and Z" crowd is just as bad as the "trade down" crowd or the "our UDFA at X position is a diamond in the rough" crowd on this site.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #67
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

I think they'll stick with Knowshon and McGahee. Ted Bartlett seems to think Knowshon is going to fit pretty well in a Manning-style offense
Quote:
The position that I think is interesting is RB. I actually think that this is the kind of nickel-all-the-time offense that Knowshon Moreno was born to play in, and if he can stay healthy, I give him a really good chance of being the number-one guy, by virtue of his superior blocking and receiving ability. Heís really like a more talented version of Joseph Addai. Both Moreno and McGahee will get to run against a lot of six- and seven-man boxes, and thatís the trick to maximizing the running game on a per-play basis. The Broncos may only run 20 times per game, but their yards per carry will almost certainly be high.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...offense-part-1

"stay healthy" is the big question mark with knowshon. If he does, I will be surprised - but Mcgahee seems adequate for the task, IMO
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #68
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm still a Knowshon fan. I think I'm the last one left.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #69
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Yeah I would be surprised if he made the team. What a waste of a pick.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #70
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
I think they'll stick with Knowshon and McGahee. Ted Bartlett seems to think Knowshon is going to fit pretty well in a Manning-style offense

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...offense-part-1

"stay healthy" is the big question mark with knowshon. If he does, I will be surprised - but Mcgahee seems adequate for the task, IMO
didnt we have "nickel all the time" offense in 2009 with McD's pass happy spread offense?..

the Broncos brass can't be dumb enough to think that we don't need to add another RB...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #71
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

yes you are!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #72
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
He did well, when he had room to run. As somebody already mentioned, teams will be playing the pass. Knowshon COULD still work out...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #73
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

I don't want to waste any picks on offense skill players - defense only. We won't know what we have on offense until week 4- why fix what may not be broken?

Defense, defense, defense........and defense. Let Manning "raise the boat" on offense. This will happen, watch.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #74
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

The Draft is suppose to be deep at RB this year, heck look at Arian Foster from the Texans he was a 'Undrafted' running back.

I would rather the Broncos use a late round draft pick and get someone younger with fresher legs than trading for running back.

If the Broncos trade for anything.. trade for a DT.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #75
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay