The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #76
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I never understood why people whine so much about paying players, and then whine just as much when the team can't compete.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #77
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I never understood why people whine so much about paying players, and then whine just as much when the team can't compete.
I think its more about the cap space certain players take up which dont allow us to sign other players. I dont think most people would biatch if a player made 40 million this year and only counted 1 million against the cap.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #78
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Excellent TE pickups. I think these two are far better than what we had last season honestly.
See bold/italics. Like we thought you would be lying about this.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #79
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
I think its more about the cap space certain players take up which dont allow us to sign other players. I dont think most people would biatch if a player made 40 million this year and only counted 1 million against the cap.
We're not anywhere near the cap.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #80
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
We're not anywhere near the cap.
Wernt we around 20 million before the 2 te signings? If so that means we can probably afford 3 more Joe Mays.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #81
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
if Manning is healthy our offense looks POTENT on paper
It sure looks good. To be honest though whoever you trot out with Manning looks promising.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #82
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It sure looks good. To be honest though whoever you trot out with Manning looks promising.
I'm excited to have legitimate Tight End options for once.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #83
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Wow. 2 TE sets indeed. Sorry Orange Julius.
I wouldn't close the book on Julius yet.
He's talented, lots of upside, and to judge the guy for the type of rookie season he had, is too prematured...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #84
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Excellent TE pickups. I think these two are far better than what we had last season honestly.
For sure...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #85
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
It says Virgil Green will get released!
There was talk of moving Green to FB last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it.

Has to be better than Larsen, amiright?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #86
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
The Chargers have lost a lot on defense since the time when they seemed to have the Colts number. From the outside looking in your defense seems like a shell of its former self from that time.
Actually, I expect them to do well against Manning.

I don't know what it is, but regardless of how good or bad the DC is here, whether or not they have a pass rush or not, whether or not it's Norv running the team, the Chargers always give Manning all he can handle.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #87
Broncolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I heard someone say that Tamme almost never lined up next to the tackle, and like 80% of the time is split wide or in some sort of motion out wide.
He ddint line up next to a tackle often at all back in Indy. You can basically consider Tamme as a bigger target slot WR. His blocking is not too great, but IMO i think is better than dallas clarks (who was awful at blocking)
Old 03-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #88
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncolt View Post
He ddint line up next to a tackle often at all back in Indy. You can basically consider Tamme as a bigger target slot WR. His blocking is not too great, but IMO i think is better than dallas clarks (who was awful at blocking)
SD gave manning troubles but he does have winning record against them.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #89
Broncolt

Quote:
yes this is true.. his struggles have been more recent, theyve always been close games, (2 of em being back to back one and dones in playoffs)...even that game where peyton threw 6 picks...we lost by 2 against the chargers haha. I really hope his struggles dont transfer over this year and just pounds the chargers every time they play. I hate the chargers so damn much
Old 03-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #90
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wrong...he is 4-5 losing the last 5 of 6, has a 75.8 rating against us(3rd worst of all the teams) and has more INT's than TD's (16 TD's- 18 INT's...2nd most of all teams only New England has more pics against him w/24) and the last game we beat Indy 36-14 and Peyton had 4 INT's.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #91
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Jesus. This guy had 67 receptions and over 600 yards receiving when Clark was out and he got an average contract of 3 mill/year. Less than Jeb freaking Putzier and equal to Kevin Boss.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #92
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You think its even close? Id take the Pats guys in a heart beat.
Broncos vs. Patriots receivers is closer than you think, and the fact that the Broncos have added so much talent in so little time is exciting.

Quote:
Tamme is a pretty decent pickup but is a recieving TE and is only 236 lbs. If your overloaded at TE id sure like to take Thomas off your hands. Like Green too for that matter. We can use a TE to groom unless we plan to draft one this year which would be smart.
Keep dreaming, Thomas and Green are under contract for 3 more years. Tamme's weight has nothing to do with his effectiveness as a split TE btw.

Quote:

We have Meachem, Floyd, Vincent Brown, Royal, Gates.
Code:
Broncos:		Chargers:		Advantage:
1. Demaryius Thomas	1. Robert Meachem	Thomas 
2. Eric Decker		2. Malcolm Floyd	Decker
3. Andre Caldwell	3. Eddie Royal		Royal
4. Jacob Tamme		4. Antonio Gates	Gates
5. Joel Dreessen	5. Vincent Brown	Dreessen
I hate to break this to you, but the Chargers are paying their receivers $9M more than the Broncos receivers, and they aren't as good. Royal and Gates may have a slight advantage over Caldwell and Tamme, but the Broncos have better talent at the #1/#2 position. I still contend that the Broncos should draft an OL or WR in round 1, which would give them a clear advantage. The Chargers do not have a true #1 WR, neither Meachem, nor Floyd are world beaters, and they are overpaid. The Broncos have 3 other receivers (Hill/Willis/Dell) who are just as good, if not better than Vincent Brown. Brown is slow, and doesn't have great size...not a good combo.

The more you spend on Offense, the less you can afford to stabilize your deteriorating Defense after the departure of Rivera...heh heh heh

Advantage: Broncos

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #93
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Broncos vs. Patriots receivers is closer than you think, and the fact that the Broncos have added so much talent in so little time is exciting.

Keep dreaming, Thomas and Green are under contract for 3 more years. Tamme's weight has nothing to do with his effectiveness as a split TE btw.

Code:
Broncos:		Chargers:		Advantage:
1. Demaryius Thomas	1. Robert Meachem	Thomas 
2. Eric Decker		2. Malcolm Floyd	Decker
3. Andre Caldwell	3. Eddie Royal		Royal
4. Jacob Tamme		4. Antonio Gates	Gates
5. Joel Dreessen	5. Vincent Brown	Dreessen
I hate to break this to you, but the Chargers are paying their receivers $9M more than the Broncos receivers, and they aren't as good. Royal and Gates may have a slight advantage over Caldwell and Tamme, but the Broncos have better talent at the #1/#2 position. I still contend that the Broncos should draft an OL or WR in round 1, which would give them a clear advantage. The Chargers do not have a true #1 WR, neither Meachem, nor Floyd are world beaters, and they are overpaid. The Broncos have 3 other receivers (Hill/Willis/Dell) who are just as good, if not better than Vincent Brown. Brown is slow, and doesn't have great size...not a good combo.

The more you spend on Offense, the less you can afford to stabilize your deteriorating Defense after the departure of Rivera...heh heh heh

Advantage: Broncos

I can't believe you're ripping on Brown so much. The guy had very limited playing time last year, coming off an pre-season injury and performed well in the few games he started.

Floyd is getting $2 million a year. Given his numbers, he's being paid about what he should be.

Meachem was overpaid but that's what you often do in free agency to get someone.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #94
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
No they arent. Your group isnt in the same league as New Englands.

Quote:
Of course im dreaming...well not really, we can get a TE in the draft who are better than Green and Thomas, im just saying id take either one to groom. As for Tamme, im not badmouthing the guy at all and dont know why you are coming at it that way. But he is an undersized TE who isnt a good blocker but he has some decent hands.

Quote:
Broncos: Chargers: Advantage:
1. Demaryius Thomas 1. Robert Meachem Thomas (i dont agree here)
2. Eric Decker 2. Malcolm Floyd Decker(your kidding right?)
3. Andre Caldwell 3. Eddie Royal Royal(by a mile)
4. Jacob Tamme 4. Antonio Gates Gates(by many MILES)
5. Joel Dreessen 5. Vincent Brown Dreessen (your comparing 6 year vet TE to our 2nd year WR? Why not compare your next in line WR,... Willis or Crosby? Oh wait, now i know why...... And Dreessen is nothing more than a average TE with 110 career receptions in 6 years)
Dude, Vincent Brown is going to be a good WR but he missed half the season with a bad hamstring but played very well when healthy. He is going to outproduce Dreesen.

Quote:
I hate to break this to you, but the Chargers are paying their receivers $9M more than the Broncos receivers, and they aren't as good.
I dont think it is that much more and really who cares if it is? All our WR's cost less than it would of to keep Jackson and i think our WR's as a group are better than yours.

Quote:
Royal and Gates may have a slight advantage over Caldwell and Tamme,
Slight edge? My you are a homer arent you! Caldwell isnt anything to speak of and has been a dispointment in Cinci,and Tamme is light years behind Gates. You must be kidding.
Quote:
but the Broncos have better talent at the #1/#2 position.
Based on what? The only thing wrong with Floyd is he is hurt a lot. Otherwise he far and away better than Decker at this point. Decker had 9 drops last year. I dont know if Floyd has that many in his career. Meachem is a big talent who gets to be a #1 guy now and im not going to slight Thomas. He has some big talent but he is going into his 3rd year and hasnt had the numbers Meachem has had yet so at this point i dont agree with you.

Quote:
I still contend that the Broncos should draft an OL or WR in round 1, which would give them a clear advantage. The Chargers do not have a true #1 WR, neither Meachem, nor Floyd are world beaters, and they are overpaid. The Broncos have 3 other receivers (Hill/Willis/Dell) who are just as good, if not better than Vincent Brown. Brown is slow, and doesn't have great size...not a good combo.

Neither do you and neither is Decker or Thomas but i think our guys are better. And Floyd is making 2 mil this year and Meachem will be getting 3.25 mil this year which is about 5 mil les than Jackson will get this year. How much is Thomas getting this year?

Quote:

Its called the draft and we signed one OLB and get Mouton back next season after missing his rookie year. Stuckey should be better than Gregory who i never liked at safety and we have a new DC already who has been with us for many years working his way up working under Wade and Rivera. Getting rid of Manusky makes the defense better right away.

We still have 8 million under the cap and still have the draft or maybe a trade still to come. Who knows. AJ has been active this year.

The ONLY clear advantage you have over us is Fox over Norv.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Old 03-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #95
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Actually, I expect them to do well against Manning.

I don't know what it is, but regardless of how good or bad the DC is here, whether or not they have a pass rush or not, whether or not it's Norv running the team, the Chargers always give Manning all he can handle.
It is because the Chargers were able to run against the Colt defenses, limiting Manning's possessions, which could happen again to the Broncos unless they improve the middle of that defense.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #96
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
It is because the Chargers were able to run against the Colt defenses, limiting Manning's possessions, which could happen again to the Broncos unless they improve the middle of that defense.
Nope...Peyton threw 48 times against us last game and we won 36-14 and he threw 4 INT's and had a 5.9 yard per pass ave.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #97
DENVERDUI55

I like my chances against San Diego even if they have had success against him in the past. They aren't near as good as they once were and they are going to be pleasantly let down by Eddie my hamstring hurts Royal.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #98
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nope...Peyton threw 48 times against us last game and we won 36-14 and he threw 4 INT's and had a 5.9 yard per pass ave.
And Tolbert ran for 103 yards that day and Sproles ran for 105 yards when the Chargers beat the Colts in the playoffs in 2008 and the Colts weren't able to run at all either game.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #99
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Don't care about comparisons on overall units but none of the receivers have the upside Demaryius Thomas has. After he returned to full health he was the number 2 receiver in the NFL for the last 7 games. Handicapped by a run first offense and Tebow. Just wait to see how good he is with a real QB.

Decker had 8 TDs. I like Floyd but I'd say Decker is younger and has a lot of upside with Manning. Floyd does have some hops though. He is underrated by most fans.

Bolt fans haven't seen Decker or Thomas with a real QB. The Bolt receivers have had the edge in that department. Perhaps this year will tell us more.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #100
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And Tolbert ran for 103 yards that day and Sproles ran for 105 yards when the Chargers beat the Colts in the playoffs in 2008 and the Colts weren't able to run at all either game.
OK, but it didnt limit his possessions. He had just as many as we did. We just scored more often. He threw 4 INT's the last time we played him and in the playofffs in 2008, he didnt throw a INT and had 42 passes and we just played better is all.

Thats two games, what about the other three? One of them was when they were 13-0 and we went to Indy and beat them. We still had Brees then.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2012 at 11:01 PM..