The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #51
jerseyguy4
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
We will probably keep 4 TE's this year because of how much Manning likes two TE formations.
Not sure how true that actually is. The formations the Colts used seemed to vary depending on who they were playing. Rarely did they use a set without a tight end at all though. Especially in most recent years, where Clark or whoever would bounce from the TE position to the slot
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #52
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

if Manning is healthy our offense looks POTENT on paper
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #53
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,141
Default

3Mil per year when the broncos are used to paying 1Mil per yer for TEs. Is this too much money for this guy. Is he 3 times better than Fells?
uplink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #54
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
3Mil per year when the broncos are used to paying 1Mil per yer for TEs. Is this too much money for this guy. Is he 3 times better than Fells?
Not really. Familiarity with Manning probably drove up the price.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post
Not sure how true that actually is. The formations the Colts used seemed to vary depending on who they were playing. Rarely did they use a set without a tight end at all though. Especially in most recent years, where Clark or whoever would bounce from the TE position to the slot
I heard someone say that Tamme almost never lined up next to the tackle, and like 80% of the time is split wide or in some sort of motion out wide.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #56
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,635
Default

This is a great signing!

TE is set.

Time to get a receiver and a RB.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #57
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Not really. Familiarity with Manning probably drove up the price.
Still less expensive than Joe Mays
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #58
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Dressen more for a true all around TE. The Tamme signing really like adding his 3rd or 4th WR option.

Look for Broncos to put DT/Decker/Tamme as 3rd wr/Dressen at TE a whole lot this yr. If Manning healthy i see that lineup scoring close to 400 points on the yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #59
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Still less expensive than Joe Mays
People keep complaining about this but he went and took some visits. Usually they throw numbers around and then the original team, the player, the agent get a good feel for the market.

He's young and can still get better right? He probably works really hard and played better then we all thought last yr. Other teams seemed to be interested. Broncos probably paid what they had to in order to keep him.

Could be they have a plan for the draft that includes not trying to go for backers. Maybe they thought they had to get Woodyard and Mays signed for insurance at not landing any FA at linebacker. Who knows but Mays and Woodyard can both run. Indy often built defenses that were good at attacking with a lead. They may feel both these players can thrive this yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #60
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
People keep complaining about this but he went and took some visits. Usually they throw numbers around and then the original team, the player, the agent get a good feel for the market.

He's young and can still get better right? He probably works really hard and played better then we all thought last yr. Other teams seemed to be interested. Broncos probably paid what they had to in order to keep him.

Could be they have a plan for the draft that includes not trying to go for backers. Maybe they thought they had to get Woodyard and Mays signed for insurance at not landing any FA at linebacker. Who knows but Mays and Woodyard can both run. Indy often built defenses that were good at attacking with a lead. They may feel both these players can thrive this yr.
Perhaps youre right, i personally think he's kinda ****!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #61
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Tamme is Dallas Clark lite. Really. He is a large matchup problem TE who thrives in the slot and can make plays across the middle. He will be a HUGE threat for Peyton.

He is NOT a complete TE or Inline player. That would be Dreesen.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #62
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Welcome aboard Tamme!

Code:
Patriots:			Broncos:
1. Brandon Lloyd		1. Demaryius Thomas
2. Wes Welker			2. Eric Decker
3. Deion Branch			3. Andre Caldwell
4. R. Gronkowski		4. Joel Dreessen
5. Aaron Hernandez		5. Jacob Tamme

Advantage: Broncos?


You think its even close? Id take the Pats guys in a heart beat.
Tamme is a pretty decent pickup but is a recieving TE and is only 236 lbs. If your overloaded at TE id sure like to take Thomas off your hands. Like Green too for that matter. We can use a TE to groom unless we plan to draft one this year which would be smart.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-23-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #63
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,807
Default

i'd take our WR's but their TE's are the best in the league as a tandem and only Jimmy Graham was really in Gronk's arena last season. those are the top 2 TE's in the game and either one is a great pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You think its even close? Id take the Pats guys in a heart beat.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #64
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You think its even close? Id take the Pats guys in a heart beat.
Tamme is a pretty decent pickup but is a recieving TE and is only 236 lbs. If your overloaded at TE id sure like to take Thomas off your hands. Like Green too for that matter. We can use a TE to groom unless we plan to draft one this year which would be smart.
And I'd take our over Royal, Crayton, Floyd and Gates.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Perhaps youre right, i personally think he's kinda ****!
Personally I agree with you. I read up some scouting reports and the knock on him is he is utterly useless in pass defense. Which is why they bring Woodyard in on 3rd down. But......when so many teams throw on 1st and 2nd down we really can't start mays IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #66
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You think its even close? Id take the Pats guys in a heart beat.
Tamme is a pretty decent pickup but is a recieving TE and is only 236 lbs. If your overloaded at TE id sure like to take Thomas off your hands. Like Green too for that matter. We can use a TE to groom unless we plan to draft one this year which would be smart.
Its not close they are being homers. But.........do you doubt thats enough for Manning to move the ball well and score. What does your guy tell you about pts per game with the Broncos offense as it sits now?

I'm thinking probably between 375-400 points which probably sticks them right at the bottom of the top 10 where SD usually comes in. For Denver that could be a huge jump. If the defense gets a little better Broncos will be tough for the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs. But you know what, maybe it lights a fire under Chargers and signals the end of the west being a trash heap where 8-8 makes the playoffs.

Also I don't think Chargers got better by losing Tolbert and Jackson. Meachum a good player but still not an improvement.

Also Gates a yr older. He did come on strong and look to be in better shape towards the end of the yr though so maybe hes still got it.

Going to be an interesting season.....unless Manning gets injured, then its all sort of just a huge letdown.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
And I'd take our over Royal, Crayton, Floyd and Gates.
Don't forget Robert Meachum or you look like you just don't know the teams that well. Too late.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #68
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Don't forget Robert Meachum or you look like you just don't know the teams that well. Too late.
And replace Crayton with Brown. Crayton is a free agent.

I like the WR corps for the Chargers. I think Meachem will have an explosive year. This offense puts up yards and points no matter who is catching the ball.

But regardless, the defense is the problem with the Chargers. They need a pass rush BADLY.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #69
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

But regardless, the defense is the problem with the Chargers. They need a pass rush BADLY.
I like this going against a manning led O.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #70
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
And I'd take our over Royal, Crayton, Floyd and Gates.
Crayton isnt on the team anymore.

We have Meachem, Floyd, Vincent Brown, Royal, Gates.

Other than Thomas...who still hasnt really done much to this point, you dont have much. I like his prospects and Deckers too but they still arent proven and you can say Meachem isnt either as a starter but he is a 4 year vet and made some plays in his time with some pretty decent numbers and will be getting a ton more chances than he has before.

And please tell me why Andre Caldwell gets any praise? He has been a disapointment thus far.

Sorry, ill take our WR's over yours at this point and i wasnt even trying to compare but if you want to compare at least try and get who we have correct.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-23-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #71
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Its not close they are being homers. But.........do you doubt thats enough for Manning to move the ball well and score. What does your guy tell you about pts per game with the Broncos offense as it sits now?

I'm thinking probably between 375-400 points which probably sticks them right at the bottom of the top 10 where SD usually comes in. For Denver that could be a huge jump. If the defense gets a little better Broncos will be tough for the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs. But you know what, maybe it lights a fire under Chargers and signals the end of the west being a trash heap where 8-8 makes the playoffs.

Also I don't think Chargers got better by losing Tolbert and Jackson. Meachum a good player but still not an improvement.


Also Gates a yr older. He did come on strong and look to be in better shape towards the end of the yr though so maybe hes still got it.

Going to be an interesting season.....unless Manning gets injured, then its all sort of just a huge letdown.

I dont think we got worse either. Tolbert imo wasnt anything special and a backup RB isnt hard to find. He was ok with some good hands who got in there near the GL and actually was a better ST's player. VJ is a good player but we did as well without the year before and we didnt have a Meachem type filling in for him.

I agree, its going to be interesting this year. Peyton really makes the division harder which i think is a good thing but you know, i can't help but wonder what happens the first time he gets blindsided and his head snaps back. And i say that as a human being,....... I dont want to see that because he really could be one good shot away from being out for a while.

Other than that, i like that we have beat Peyton 5 of the last 6 times we have faced him.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2012 at 12:36 AM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #72
Stan
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 28
Default

The Chargers have lost a lot on defense since the time when they seemed to have the Colts number. From the outside looking in your defense seems like a shell of its former self from that time.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #73
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,116
Default

TE is set now we don't have to draft one.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #74
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
The Chargers have lost a lot on defense since the time when they seemed to have the Colts number. From the outside looking in your defense seems like a shell of its former self from that time.
Your right. We lost Rivera, replaced him with Manusky who sucked so they fired him after the season and promoted John Pagano who has been with us since Wade Phillips. Cant wait to see some better defense next season.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #75
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
It says you don't let a 3 year window with Manning hinge on two late round TEs being able to produce in year two. Especially when one of them is out for 4 games.
This.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Denver Broncos