The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
You are kidding right?
I hope for his sake he is.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #27
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
You are kidding right?
i like our receivers better. tight ends? not so much
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

The relationship with Manning alone makes this a pretty good signing. Better than Clark anyhow as most think he's done in the NFL.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Welcome aboard Tamme!

Code:
Patriots:			Broncos:
1. Brandon Lloyd		1. Demaryius Thomas
2. Wes Welker			2. Eric Decker
3. Deion Branch			3. Andre Caldwell
4. R. Gronkowski		4. Joel Dreessen
5. Aaron Hernandez		5. Jacob Tamme

Advantage: Broncos?


I wish. Maybe D Thomas over Lloyd the rest.....
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #30
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
i like our receivers better.
I could listen to an argument for DT over Lloyd.

There is no way to argue that Decker and Caldwell are better than Welker and Branch right now, though. Absolutely no way.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #31
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,055
Default

This is great.

Our offense now has DT to stretch the field deep, Decker to work the sideline routes, and Dreessen/Tamme to work the middle/underneath stuff.

Defenses now have to defend the entire field against our offense and still be disciplined up the middle since McGahee/Ball can run inside when we spread them out wide.

In less than a week the FO has completely changed the offense from college ball zone read to one of the best on paper. Impressive work.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #32
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

decker over deion branch welker over caldwell

i dont care much for wes welker. he is force fed the ball as tom brady dinks and dunks down the feild
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #33
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
What does this say about Julius Thomas and Virgil Green...
It says you don't let a 3 year window with Manning hinge on two late round TEs being able to produce in year two. Especially when one of them is out for 4 games.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #34
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,366

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
This is great.

Our offense now has DT to stretch the field deep, Decker to work the sideline routes, and Dreessen/Tamme to work the middle/underneath stuff.

Defenses now have to defend the entire field against our offense and still be disciplined up the middle since McGahee/Ball can run inside when we spread them out wide.

In less than a week the FO has completely changed the offense from college ball zone read to one of the best on paper. Impressive work.
I approve of this post!
Welcome to Mile High, Dreesen, Porter, and Tame!
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #35
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,415

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
decker over deion branch welker over caldwell

i dont care much for wes welker. he is force fed the ball as tom brady dinks and dunks down the feild
Branch is ancient, Welker is a stud, I think Brady is on his way down, he had he worst 2 games ever, in a row. If he has chronic shoulder issues we will see more of those errant passes that we did during the SB.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Welcome aboard Tamme!

Code:
Patriots:			Broncos:
1. Brandon Lloyd		1. Demaryius Thomas
2. Wes Welker			2. Eric Decker
3. Deion Branch			3. Andre Caldwell
4. R. Gronkowski		4. Joel Dreessen
5. Aaron Hernandez		5. Jacob Tamme

Advantage: Broncos?


Absolutely, not. They got more proven All Pros.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
i like our receivers better. tight ends? not so much
I would EASILY take Wes Walker over ANY receiver we have. EASILY.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #38
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,190

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Absolutely, not. They got more proven All Pros.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #39
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Tamme was just starting to get in a grove and then Manning went down. This will be good for him.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #40
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
I would EASILY take Wes Walker over ANY receiver we have. EASILY.
http://www.nfl.com/player/weswelker/2505790/profile

yea hes pretty worth while his first 3 years in the league. brady made him hes nothing special
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #41
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Can Tamme block?
Not really.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #42
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,788
Default

I am pleased with our new TE choices over last year. Tamme and Dreissen are better than Fells and Rosario, IMO
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #43
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

He ain't no Patrick Hape.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #44
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,766
Default

means we have our 4 TE's for the roster. Tamme,Dreessen 1A & 1B, Thomas #3 & Green #4.
unless they get awesome value where a Green,Allen or Egnew falls low i doubt they pick up a TE in the draft(which sucks cause i want one of those 3)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #45
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,366

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Love this signing... but still hope we could somehow get Fleener!!! He would make our offense deadly!!!
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #46
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
decker over deion branch welker over caldwell

i dont care much for wes welker. he is force fed the ball as tom brady dinks and dunks down the feild
2011 New England Patriots 16 15 122 1,569 12.9 99T 9 4 30 7.5 19 0 1 0


And they laughed at me for drafting Wes Welker in Fantasy Football PPR as my first receiver.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #47
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21ís No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,087

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
What does this say about Julius Thomas and Virgil Green...
Nothing negative. We will probably keep 4 TE's this year because of how much Manning likes two TE formations. Plus I don't think Denver is going to have a FB on the roster this year so one of the TE's (probably Green) will be playing some FB.

I could see Julius Thomas playing a lot on 3rd down in the 3 WR 1 TE formations.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #48
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
http://www.nfl.com/player/weswelker/2505790/profile

yea hes pretty worth while his first 3 years in the league. brady made him hes nothing special
And Manning will do the same thing. I stand by what I said.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #49
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Nothing negative. We will probably keep 4 TE's this year because of how much Manning likes two TE formations. Plus I don't think Denver is going to have a FB on the roster this year so one of the TE's (probably Green) will be playing some FB.

I could see Julius Thomas playing a lot on 3rd down in the 3 WR 1 TE formations.
Virgil Green is going to be suspended for some games and they also have Cornelius Igram on the roster. Training camp battles. Should be great.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #50
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
And Manning will do the same thing. I stand by what I said.
i really like our guys. with manning dishing the ball decker and DT could each have over 1000 yards this season if healthy
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Denver Broncos