The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Will 8-8 Be Considered A Success In 2012?
Yes 24 12.77%
No 152 80.85%
Going 16-0 Baby! 12 6.38%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #126
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
We just got rid of a QB that completes 47% of his passes and 17 TDs, for one that completes 69%of his passes, thrown for 400 TDs and has won a SB.
Any more stupid questions?
Pay attention. I was talking about the roster outside of the QB position.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #127
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Pay attention. I was talking about the roster outside of the QB position.
Of course you were but the roster includes PM now and it doesn't include Tebow, get over it.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #128
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,279

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan
Default

No it won't...we traded Tebow's upside (debate quantity elsewhere) in the future for more immediate returns from Manning, so I don't think 8-8 gets it done for the franchise, unless they get into the playoffs and make a strong run at it. Win/Loss records don't matter once you are in the playoffs.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #129
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Pay attention. I was talking about the roster outside of the QB position.

Manning floats all boats higher.


(but so did Tebow)
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #130
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Why would anyone consider the Broncos having the same record again next year a success


Denver with Tebow pulled off 8-8, Now you are paying the greatest QB in history in Peyton Manning 19 million a year and you would be happy with the same record?... This place is full of village idiots.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #131
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Why would anyone consider the Broncos having the same record again next year a success


Denver with Tebow pulled off 8-8, Now you are paying the greatest QB in history in Peyton Manning 19 million a year and you would be happy with the same record?... This place is full of village idiots.
I only saw one poster saying 8 & 8 would be acceptable to him. I'm not going to mention who because I like him.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #132
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It absolutely won't but we have a god damn brutal schedule. We HAVE to fix our DT issues.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #133
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,797

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

My God, what a horrible decision it was to bump this thread after the Manning signing...
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #134
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Yes -- 22

No -- 136

Going 16-0 Baby! -- 11

Voters: 169





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #135
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
I see the Broncos going 10-6 or 11-5, winning the AFC-West and making a push in the playoffs. Anything less would be a disaster...
I would make the sex with that girl in your avatar. Make it hard!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #136
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #137
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Anything other than winning Super Bowl with Manning is a failure to me.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #138
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

I knew there were at least 12 complete morons on this board, but 22?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #139
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I knew there were at least 12 complete morons on this board, but 22?



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #140
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Denver has to make it to the AFCCG at least, and make a strong showing in that game. Otherwise, what the heck did you sign him for? If Peyton somehow manages to start for 3 years they better win at least one AFC Title and get to two AFCCG's, otherwise what the heck did you sign him for?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #141
Broncolt
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
16-0 until we ain't!
QFT!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #142
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Denver has to make it to the AFCCG at least, and make a strong showing in that game. Otherwise, what the heck did you sign him for? If Peyton somehow manages to start for 3 years they better win at least one AFC Title and get to two AFCCG's, otherwise what the heck did you sign him for?
If we don't win a Super Bowl before he retires, signing him was a mistake. Period.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #143
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,797

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I knew there were at least 12 complete morons on this board, but 22?
Bear in mind, most people voted before the thread was bumped (when Tebow was the starter and there was no Manning).
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #144
Mile High Salute
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Question: when's the last time a Peyton Manning-team went 8-8?
Answer: 2001. Every season since then he's won 10 games, and most of the time 12.

Second question: what happened to the Colts last year when Manning didn't play?
Answer: They went from 10-6 to 2-14.

Bottom line...tough schedule or not, barring a major catastrophe the Broncos will win 10 games and the AFC West next year. John Clayton had an interesting column on ESPN.com about a week ago about how many wins a QB brings to the team, and Peyton Manning was near the top. This season will show the Broncos won as many games last year in spite of Tim Tebow as they did because of him.

Mark me down for 10 or more. GO BRONCOS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #145
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Question: when's the last time a Peyton Manning-team went 8-8?
Answer: 2001. Every season since then he's won 10 games, and most of the time 12.

Second question: what happened to the Colts last year when Manning didn't play?
Answer: They went from 10-6 to 2-14.

Bottom line...tough schedule or not, barring a major catastrophe the Broncos will win 10 games and the AFC West next year. John Clayton had an interesting column on ESPN.com about a week ago about how many wins a QB brings to the team, and Peyton Manning was near the top. This season will show the Broncos won as many games last year in spite of Tim Tebow as they did because of him.

Mark me down for 10 or more. GO BRONCOS!
People who are expecting 2006 Peyton Manning in 2012 tickle me...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #146
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,495
Default

8-8

would be a failure but, new team new coaches and plenty of holes. Peyton missed all year I expect 10-6 max. SB run starts in 2013.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #147
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It absolutely won't but we have a god damn brutal schedule. We HAVE to fix our DT issues.
It may not matter too much to Peyton.
The dude's averaged 12 wins a season, or something ridiculous like that, and also averages something like 26 points a game.
Yeah, he knows a tough schedule when he sees one.
Our defense needs to be up to par, though; and like you've said, it starts at the DT position and across the front line, for that matter...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #148
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
8-8

would be a failure but, new team new coaches and plenty of holes. Peyton missed all year I expect 10-6 max. SB run starts in 2013.
I actually expect our defense to be better this year, and much improved in points per game allowed...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #149
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

If we fix our DT problem, we should contend for the AFCCG this year. If we don't, we will probably come short, and that would be a disappointment.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #150
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I actually expect our defense to be better this year, and much improved in points per game allowed...
DT MLB are still an issue
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Denver Broncos