The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Will 8-8 Be Considered A Success In 2012?
Yes 24 12.77%
No 152 80.85%
Going 16-0 Baby! 12 6.38%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #101
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
But is our roster actually better? That's my point. Not whether or not Manning will have a positive effect on them. Right now we have lost our best DT, and added nothing of worth so far in return (leaving Manning out obviously). So again, how is this roster better than last year's?
The passing game will be better, the running game will be worse. In this league, that translates to points. That's how this should be judged. We didn't change the roster when Tebow became QB but the run game got more productive by way of how the players were used. The offense will be able to put up more points (in theory) so the team will be improved. Whether they can translate that new scenario into a more effective use of the D is what we'll be waiting to see. Some theorize they can send the pass rushers now and it'll make a difference but straight up the middle is possibly worse right now than anything Manning ever had on one of his Ds. As of right now, the D has gotten tremendously worse so at this point, we have to rely on the different usages of the players to bail us out or we're fooked.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #102
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
Shanny would call it a success...
and par for the course.

Hell no 8-8 isnt good enough. If Tebow was QB, I think 8-8 or 9-7 would be expected. We don't bring in a HOF QB for an 8-8 season. Period.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #103
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

8-8 is failure. anything less than AFCCG and this place will explode when Tebow fans return to talk **** that the 96 million dollar man is no better than Tim was last season
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #104
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
The passing game will be better, the running game will be worse. In this league, that translates to points. That's how this should be judged. We didn't change the roster when Tebow became QB but the run game got more productive by way of how the players were used. The offense will be able to put up more points (in theory) so the team will be improved. Whether they can translate that new scenario into a more effective use of the D is what we'll be waiting to see. Some theorize they can send the pass rushers now and it'll make a difference but straight up the middle is possibly worse right now than anything Manning ever had on one of his Ds. As of right now, the D has gotten tremendously worse so at this point, we have to rely on the different usages of the players to bail us out or we're fooked.
This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the roster has been improved. You are talking about something else entirely: how the team performs on the field.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #105
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
8-8 is failure. anything less than AFCCG and this place will explode when Tebow fans return to talk **** that the 96 million dollar man is no better than Tim was last season
Tebow fans won't have to return. Many long-time Bronco fans are Tebow fans too, despite the ridiculous notions many have to the contrary.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #106
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Every entity has is limit of production, our D had too much demanded of it last season and as a result their effectiveness was diminished you will see the same group preform at a higher level this year with PM running the O. thus improved.
Okay people, on the field performance is not the same thing as roster quality. Come on now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #107
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,555
Default

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...t=21690&page=3
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #108
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,901

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Yes -- 22

No -- 113

Going 16-0 Baby! -- 9


Voters: 144








Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #109
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Okay people, on the field performance is not the same thing as roster quality. Come on now.
On the field performance is the only gauge of roster quality. Are you wanting to gauge off last year's fantasy stats?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #110
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBen's Avatar
 
Go Broncos !!

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,497
Default

I see the Broncos going 10-6 or 11-5, winning the AFC-West and making a push in the playoffs. Anything less would be a disaster...
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #111
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

we have a brutal schedule but hopefully our division will beat each other up like usual and we can squeak out the AFCW with a 10-6 record. probably wont get a first round bye in the playoffs but im all in with peyton at QB hopefully our guys pick up his system and were high flying and high scoring
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #112
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
edog24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
I see the Broncos going 10-6 or 11-5, winning the AFC-West and making a push in the playoffs. Anything less would be a disaster...
Agreed, and your avy today is spectacular.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #113
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

i voted "no", but we really don't know what sort of team we'll have this year until all the FA signings are done and the draft is done. then we need a very good camp to get everyone on the same page. this could still end up being 6-10 team this year, with this schedule, even if Manning is healthy. there is still alot more work to be done by the FO.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #114
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
i voted "no", but we really don't know what sort of team we'll have this year until all the FA signings are done and the draft is done. then we need a very good camp to get everyone on the same page. this could still end up being 6-10 team this year, with this schedule, even if Manning is healthy. there is still alot more work to be done by the FO.
I don't care...you don't sign HoF PM and accept 8-8 as a success. I expect a division crown and 2nd round of the playoffs at the minimum!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #115
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

It doesn't matter if it's 8, 10, 14 etc. All I've heard from the anti Tebow people, is that Manning made us 100% better. So we should be in the Super Bowl for the next 3-4 years. Anything less than that, then going after Manning was a waste of time and money for the Broncos.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #116
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Remember when this thread was made and I said it was pointless, because we didn't know what would happen in FA and the draft, and then Peyton Manning became the QB and Tebow was traded?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #117
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I don't care...you don't sign HoF PM and accept 8-8 as a success. I expect a division crown and 2nd round of the playoffs at the minimum!!
so... exactly what Tebow gave us?

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #118
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
But is our roster actually better? That's my point. Not whether or not Manning will have a positive effect on them. Right now we have lost our best DT, and added nothing of worth so far in return (leaving Manning out obviously). So again, how is this roster better than last year's?
We just got rid of a QB that completes 47% of his passes and 17 TDs, for one that completes 69%of his passes, thrown for 400 TDs and has won a SB.
Any more stupid questions?
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #119
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

How in the hell could simply matching last year's record be considered a success? Given that we've just had a MAJOR upgrade at the most important position on the field....

Kind of a silly question......
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #120
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

8-8 would be nearly complete failure.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #121
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
8-8 would be nearly complete failure.
Someone here said he would be perfectly happy with 8 & 8

He should send off for a Russian mail order wife cause he will be happy with what ever he gets
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #122
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I expect 10 and 6 and the AFC West Title. Anything more than that and I'll be very happy.

Anybody seen our schedule?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #123
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Someone here said he would be perfectly happy with 8 & 8

He should send off for a Russian mail order wife cause he will be happy with what ever he gets
He'd probably be happy with "Dis Peggy" from those bank commercials.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #124
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
We just got rid of a QB that completes 47% of his passes and 17 TDs, for one that completes 69%of his passes, thrown for 400 TDs and has won a SB.
Any more stupid questions?
Griese had won a super bowl and completed 60+% of his passes. How'd that turn out?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #125
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,196

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

8-8...wtf...it's not like we just pulled Plummer off the hand ball court and forced his a$$ to throw left handed jump passes...this is"F-U KC and my kneck is made outta steel Manning" we are talking about

11-5 or better

8-8...Fook me!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Denver Broncos