The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will 8-8 Be Considered A Success In 2012?
Yes 24 12.77%
No 152 80.85%
Going 16-0 Baby! 12 6.38%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #76
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I sort of begrudgingly agree.

But if they sign one of the vet CB still left. Porter etc. And if they got a big body if FA to stick at DT, maybe even one of the Saint castoffs or Franklin, then draft defense, maybe sign Tamme, who knows they could be pretty darn good.
If they pull of a lot of impact moves things could change of course. Or if they hit some home runs in the draft. But the realistic outlook is we are probably not going to be anywhere close to being a contender next season.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #77
Agamemnon

Quote:
His last season was like 4600 yrds. I thinking he easily gets to 3800 yrds in Denver. And that would be a down yr for him.
I'm not saying he'll have a terrible season. I'm saying he'll have a terrible season for him. I agree with the 3800 yards. I also see him having 26 touchdowns to 16 interceptions. Not terrible by any means, but not the earth-shattering offensive production that will consistently allow us to overcome our dog**** defense or our very mediocre run game (post Tebow). That was my point.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #78
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

anything short of the divisional round would be a failure... Peyton is going to enter 2012 with a better team that Tebow. Who cares about the schedule... the strength of it will eventually change during the season. Remember this is a win now move. So lets go and kick ass!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #79
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

If Manning looks like old self and no neck issues and finishes 8-8 I'm satisfied. It will take a year to adjust new scheme and longer to fill holes on this roster esp on D.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #80
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
I sort of begrudgingly agree.

But if they sign one of the vet CB still left. Porter etc. And if they got a big body if FA to stick at DT, maybe even one of the Saint castoffs or Franklin, then draft defense, maybe sign Tamme, who knows they could be pretty darn good.
Who's left at DT that can even equal Bunkley, much less be an upgrade? And we might even lose Thomas if we don't get going. I really hope EFX starts to act w/ a sense of urgency because I am getting nervous about this, and I don't think it wise to rely on rookie, assuming they actually take one or two this year.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #81
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

No.

Anything less then surpassing what Tebow did with this team will be a abject failure. The standard is super-bowl or bust.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #82
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
No.

Anything less then surpassing what Tebow did with this team will be a abject failure. The standard is super-bowl or bust.
They at least need more than one playoff win.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #83
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
If Manning looks like old self and no neck issues and finishes 8-8 I'm satisfied. It will take a year to adjust new scheme and longer to fill holes on this roster esp on D.
The excuse to bring in Manning was to win now. Odds are we can expect 2, 3 years out of him (hopefully more) but count on two and your happy with 8 wins? If we only win 8 games bringing in PM was a failure.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #84
Agamemnon

Quote:
If Manning looks like old self and no neck issues and finishes 8-8 I'm satisfied.
You really are a joke of a poster.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #85
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
anything short of the divisional round would be a failure... Peyton is going to enter 2012 with a better team that Tebow. Who cares about the schedule... the strength of it will eventually change during the season. Remember this is a win now move. So lets go and kick ass!!!
Outside of Manning himself, exactly how is our team better than last year presently? I'm curious. We need at least one quality player to just even out the loss of Bunkley. Probably more considering how important DT is and how little talent we have at the position.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #86
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
8-8?
Are you kidding me?
i'll be depressed if we go yet another 8-8
Maybe you don't have a clear recollection what an old-self fully healthy Peyton is like
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #87
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Exactly how is our team better than last year presently? I'm curious.
manning will take a lot of pressure off of our D this will help them tremendously
Old 03-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #88
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
8-8?
Are you kidding me?
i'll be depressed if we go yet another 8-8
Maybe you don't have a clear recollection what an old-self fully healthy Peyton is like
The last season he played, he was playing with a roster comparably talent deficient to ours, but those players were well versed in his offense and had established chemistry with him; they still only went 10-6. To think 8-8 isn't possible with a Manning who is older and hasn't played in a long time is just willfully delusional.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #89
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

The bar was set during the Manning news conference. Super Bowl is the only success. Don't care how they do it.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #90
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
manning will take a lot of pressure off of our D this will help them tremendously
But is our roster actually better? That's my point. Not whether or not Manning will have a positive effect on them. Right now we have lost our best DT, and added nothing of worth so far in return (leaving Manning out obviously). So again, how is this roster better than last year's?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #91
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

8-8 with Tebow is a success! 8-8 with Manning is a failure! I expect 10-6 minimum.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #92
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
The last season he played, he was playing with a roster comparably talent deficient to ours, but those players were well versed in his offense and had established chemistry with him; they still only went 10-6. To think 8-8 isn't possible with a Manning who is older and hasn't played in a long time is just willfully delusional.
Hey we could go 0 and 16 but anything less than 10 wins this season even with the brutal schedule and IMO getting Manning at the expense of Tebow will be a huge failure. All Bronco fans should feel the same on this one.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #93
Agamemnon

Quote:
Hey we could go 0 and 16 but anything less than 10 wins this season even with the brutal schedule and IMO getting Manning at the expense of Tebow will be a huge failure. All Bronco fans should feel the same on this one.
Anything short of a Super Bowl win will be a failure in my eyes. EFX have set the bar with this whole fiasco and I'm holding them to it.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #94
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
But is our roster actually better? That's my point. Not whether or not Manning will have a positive effect on them. Right now we have lost our best DT, and added nothing of worth so far in return (leaving Manning out obviously). So again, how is this roster better than last year's?
If you want to discount my point of manning having far least 3 and outs that Tebow as a reason why the d is better than I don' know what to say to you.

They are on the field less. They should be playing with a lead more often. They can send their to studs more often.

Manning will also wear down the opposing Ds with his hurry up O in the rarefied air at home.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #95
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

People who except defense to be suddenly better just because we have Manning are deluded. Sure they will get to blitz more probably. But NE torched us. We need a CB, a starting DT, a rotational player at DT, Vickerson or Warren to get healthy, Carter and or Moore to improve, Miller and Doom to once again play well. Those are a lot of ifs right now.

If Broncos can ad a journeyman DT in FA, draft a young athletic DT, maybe add a TE and RB in FA, a CB also then lets talk about making a run.

Right now no way Broncos that much better then last yr. On defense they have gotten worst so far.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #96
Agamemnon

Quote:
If you want to discount my point of manning having far least 3 and outs that Tebow as a reason why the d is better than I don' know what to say to you.

They are on the field less. They should be playing with a lead more often. They can send their to studs more often.

Manning will also wear down the opposing Ds with his hurry up O in the rarefied air at home.
I'm not discounting it. It's simply immaterial to the question of our roster's quality.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #97
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
People who except defense to be suddenly better just because we have Manning are deluded. Sure they will get to blitz more probably. But NE torched us. We need a CB, a starting DT, a rotational player at DT, Vickerson or Warren to get healthy, Carter and or Moore to improve, Miller and Doom to once again play well. Those are a lot of ifs right now.

If Broncos can ad a journeyman DT in FA, draft a young athletic DT, maybe add a TE and RB in FA, a CB also then lets talk about making a run.

Right now no way Broncos that much better then last yr. On defense they have gotten worst so far.
They were on the field too much last year - That matters.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #98
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Will 8-8 be considered a success? That is a very dumb question.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #99
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I'm not discounting it. It's simply immaterial to the question of our roster's quality.
Every entity has is limit of production, our D had too much demanded of it last season and as a result their effectiveness was diminished you will see the same group preform at a higher level this year with PM running the O. thus improved.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #100
Rolandftw

Anything short of a SB victory is a failure to me. It's just a matter of how big a failure it is.

8-8, would be a failure of epic proportions.