The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will 8-8 Be Considered A Success In 2012?
Yes 24 12.77%
No 152 80.85%
Going 16-0 Baby! 12 6.38%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #51
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Home games include games vs.

(13-3) Saints
(12-4) Steelers
(10-6) Texans
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(4-12) Browns
(4-12) Bucs

Away games include games vs.

(13-3) Patriots
(12-4) Ravens
(10-6) Falcons
(9-7) Bengals
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(6-10) Panthers

We will face seven playoff teams, four division winners and three wild cards, four of which are away and three at home. The only games that are not against division rivals or teams who made the playoffs are against the Panthers Bucs and Browns on the road.
The schedule is brutal and so actually getting to 8-8 on it would be a success.

But it would not leave a taste in the mouth that many here would think of as successful. 9-7 or 10-6 and another division title is now the bar. Unfortunately I don't think we can improve enough to reach it, as we still have so many holes to fill and our weakest positions are the most critical.

My bet is that we probably won't repeat the division win, but I'll be satisfied
if we get to 8-8 again and show improvement in offense and defense.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #52
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Next years schedule and how tough it might be won't matter if the Broncos do not find of have a consistent big play guy on offense and the defense isn't anywhere near the top 10. If neither happens, I don't see them making the playoffs regardless of what the schedule looks like.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #53
BroncoBeavis

Anyone know when the actual schedule usually comes out?

How about opening up against Safari Cam and the Panths? OM would be in meltdown mode right out of the gate.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #54
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Anyone know when the actual schedule usually comes out?

How about opening up against Safari Cam and the Panths? OM would be in meltdown mode right out of the gate.
I think it comes out in April before the draft.

I'm looking to take my son to his first Broncos game to see Payton Manning.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #55
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

No, but it's more realistic than anything better than that.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #56
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Too many variables to know, really.

Honestly, if Tebow can even remotely look like an NFL quarterback and this team doesn't make the playoffs, I'd be ok with how the season turned out.

Another ****ty season, because quarterback-wise that's what we saw this season, and I don't believe we can even remotely compete, let alone get anywhere near 8-8.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #57
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Sorry bro, Broncs are going to buttsecks their schedule causing irreparable harm to some fools. Then everyone will talk about our easy schedule and weak division when we wait for our divisional round opponent to be chosen for us.

Division sweep incoming. Our division is full of candy asses who can't handle a real running game or an opponent with any real toughness. They're simply incapable of closing the talent gap we're creating over their old (chargers), retarded (raiders), or just plan bad (chiefs) rosters.

NFC South? Powder puffs. One good offense, no good defenses. Going to be a lot of QBs crying to Papa Goodell about Miller and Doom not understanding that no means no.

AFC North? We clowned the squealers in the playoffs, we'll do it again and the same to the **** birds. The Cleve is a magical place only brought down by the real mistake by the lake, bringing the Browns back so everyone in the area has to watch a public display of sodomy every Sunday. The Bengals lost to the Denver ORTONS last year. They shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NFL next season.

Texans? Elway relegated Kubes to irrelevance as a player, he's gonna do the same as a coach. Tebow's first career win came against the Texans too, so baby Teebs already marked out the land of steers and queers as his b****es. Then when the Texans fall apart and go 6-10 Kubes gets fired, McCoy gets a job as an HC somewhere following Tebow's Pro Bowl season, and Kubes comes home as our new OC.

Brady can't handle a pass rush and we no longer have a DC too busy sucking up to the spawn of the crypt keeper to put together a competent game plan. Del Rio will have Doom and Miller putting up their best Ike impression for Tina Brady to enjoy. Giselle will join the pack of Tebow chasers after T-Brad gets crushed so hard that Satan calls him back home to stop any further embarrassment.

We could not stop Brady twice last year.. IN fact no oNE could stop him..

Texans will only get better with age..

Our division also will improve they have all been sucking at the top ten draft teat for way to long except the Chargers who loaded up with talent years agao and the only thing holding them back is a great coach..

You are so wrong in your assement and your whole post is fantasy land..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #58
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
Someone told me the Broncos are going to have the 2nd hardest schedule in 2012.

That schedule the Broncos are going play is going to be brutal. If the Broncos win 6 games that will be a good season. I guess if you want to be the best.. you have to play the the best.
At the beginning or the end of next season, though? Almost every team is going to have a different record, to some degree, next season than they do now. I'd be interested to see how hard our schedule is next year, after the season is done. It would be more closer to the truth.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #59
Powderaddict

I've never really put much into the "strength of schedule".

Teams will change, players will get hurt.

But what's really important is taking care of the division. The rest of the division has to play many of those same teams. A couple years ago, Oakland went 6-0 in the division but missed the playoffs, but that was a huge anomaly.

Take care of the division, the rest will sort itself out. Look at the Giants this year. Didn't have a great regular season record, but won the division. Once your in, anything can happen.

It will be a brutal schedule, but it will for the rest of the AFC West as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #60
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Yes - 22

No - 71

Going 16-0 Baby! - 6

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #61
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Do you guys realize how hard it will be to beat a Manning led Broncos team at Mile High next year?
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #62
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How confusing since you changed it. Shoulda just made a new one.

That said, if I have to root for Peyton F'ing Manning as a Bronco, he better bring something to the table. Mediocre football better not be the result.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #63
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Do you guys realize how hard it will be to beat a Manning led Broncos team at Mile High next year?
With no defensive tackles worth a ****, a secondary one Champ Bailey away from being the worst in the league, and Joe Mays playing Mike? I don't think it will be as hard as you expect.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #64
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
With no defensive tackles worth a ****, a secondary one Champ Bailey away from being the worst in the league, and Joe Mays playing Mike? I don't think it will be as hard as you expect.
One of my favorite games ever was the Indy game where Mike Bell lit the place up. That game was literally back and forth until the very end.

We could do worse than a season full of that.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #65
ClamChowdah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
I agree, Manning and Brady if you look through their career they regularly go 7-1 / 8-0 at home.

I'll give the Broncos 11 wins with the 5 losses coming @Patriots, @Ravens, @Falcons,@Chargers and dropping one of Steelers/Texans/Saints at home.

Win one playoff home game, lose on the road in the Divisional to the Patriots or Ravens.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #66
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Home games include games vs.

(13-3) Saints
(12-4) Steelers
(10-6) Texans
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(4-12) Browns
(4-12) Bucs

Away games include games vs.

(13-3) Patriots
(12-4) Ravens
(10-6) Falcons
(9-7) Bengals
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(6-10) Panthers

We will face seven playoff teams, four division winners and three wild cards, four of which are away and three at home. The only games that are not against division rivals or teams who made the playoffs are against the Panthers Bucs and Browns on the road.
I see at least 5 primetime games out of that schedule!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #67
Agamemnon

By the way, I won't be at all surprised if we go 8-8 with Manning. Yes he's an improvement over Tebow, but our schedule is tougher, we've most likely gotten worse on defense, and we weren't really an 8-8 team anyway (not if you look at point differential). I'm not saying we don't do better necessarily, but I really won't be at all surprised if the season is a huge disappointment for all the people already planning their Super Bowl parties.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #68
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
You're right, if we only had Tebow back, you would be siging a different tune, won't ya'?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #69
ClamChowdah

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I see at least 5 primetime games out of that schedule!
Patriots-Broncos will definitely be on SNF.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

8-8 is never considered a success in the NFL
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #71
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
One of my favorite games ever was the Indy game where Mike Bell lit the place up. That game was literally back and forth until the very end.

We could do worse than a season full of that.
If you expect Manning to replicate the production of his prime on a talent deficient roster while installing his offense with a new team, you are going to be let down. His numbers have been steadily declining in recent years anyway, and now he's going to be dealing with tons of guys that won't really "get it" until well into season. The second year will almost certainly be better, but I fully expect one the least impressive statistical performances of Manning's career in 2012.

But I won't complain if he manages a 40 TD season. Not at all.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #72
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
You're right, if we only had Tebow back, you would be siging a different tune, won't ya'?
Err...our defense sucks no matter who is playing QB. Even more so with us losing our only decent DT. Why the **** are you making this about Tebow?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #73
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
By the way, I won't be at all surprised if we go 8-8 with Manning. Yes he's an improvement over Tebow, but our schedule is tougher, we've most likely gotten worse on defense, and we weren't really an 8-8 team anyway (not if you look at point differential). I'm not saying we don't do better necessarily, but I really won't be at all surprised if the season is a huge disappointment for all the people already planning their Super Bowl parties.
I sort of begrudgingly agree.

But if they sign one of the vet CB still left. Porter etc. And if they got a big body if FA to stick at DT, maybe even one of the Saint castoffs or Franklin, then draft defense, maybe sign Tamme, who knows they could be pretty darn good.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #74
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

10 wins and a playoff berth to be successful
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #75
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
If you expect Manning to replicate the production of his prime on a talent deficient roster while installing his offense with a new team, you are going to be let down. His numbers have been steadily declining in recent years anyway, and now he's going to be dealing with tons of guys that won't really "get it" until well into season. The second year will almost certainly be better, but I fully expect one the least impressive statistical performances of Manning's career in 2012.

But I won't complain if he manages a 40 TD season. Not at all.
His last season was like 4600 yrds. I thinking he easily gets to 3800 yrds in Denver. And that would be a down yr for him.