The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #5176
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I like how the "bet the farm"ers are now trying to lower the bar.
Well I am just amused about how getting to the AFC championships and losing is better than nothing. By that standard, this year's Broncos would be one game shy with a QB with fewer years of experience and weaker skillset than who we are bringing in.

I am by no means arguing against Peyton. I love Peyton. I think he's amazing and I think he will draw in other talent and elevate what we have currently.

But this **** all attitude about Tebow is curious to me. Do I think Tim won this season by himself, **** no, but it was sure a hell of a lot more fun to watch then our painful losses with Orton (who by the way I also liked, but he's clearly a back up, not a starter). And yes the Teboners are annoying, but you know it is possible to like Tebow and the Broncos and not actually be a Teboner.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #5177
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
Bad day for you, Beavis.
I don't know old timer. I figure I've got time for the Broncos to straighten themselves out after this mess and finally figure out they need to build from the ground up, long term.

You might be more like Champ or Bdawk... don't have that kind of time. Bet the farm on now or never.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #5178
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Well I am just amused about how getting to the AFC championships and losing is better than nothing. By that standard, this year's Broncos would be one game shy with a QB with fewer years of experience and weaker skillset than who we are bringing in.

I am by no means arguing against Peyton. I love Peyton. I think he's amazing and I think he will draw in other talent and elevate what we have currently.

But this **** all attitude about Tebow is curious to me. Do I think Tim won this season by himself, **** no, but it was sure a hell of a lot more fun to watch then our painful losses with Orton (who by the way I also liked, but he's clearly a back up, not a starter). And yes the Teboners are annoying, but you know it is possible to like Tebow and the Broncos and not actually be a Teboner.
Not according to most of the dip****s around here. But, yes, I agree with you.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #5179
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You are an idiot.
So you think Tebow has improved his accuracy? Why am I an idiot? Because I don't think he is a legit QB? Well neither do 90 percent of the NFL teams, ex NFL players, current teammates. You sure are an easy target to pick on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #5180
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Well I am just amused about how getting to the AFC championships and losing is better than nothing. By that standard, this year's Broncos would be one game shy with a QB with fewer years of experience and weaker skillset than who we are bringing in.

I am by no means arguing against Peyton. I love Peyton. I think he's amazing and I think he will draw in other talent and elevate what we have currently.

But this **** all attitude about Tebow is curious to me. Do I think Tim won this season by himself, **** no, but it was sure a hell of a lot more fun to watch then our painful losses with Orton (who by the way I also liked, but he's clearly a back up, not a starter). And yes the Teboners are annoying, but you know it is possible to like Tebow and the Broncos and not actually be a Teboner.
It's because some of them are more in it for getting rid of Tebow than they are for Manning. Peyton was just the means to the end. Rational fans are going to struggle with having let Tebow go for two years of marginal improvement. But for these guys the actual winning come second to ridding themselves of Tebow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #5181
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
So you think Tebow has improved his accuracy? Why am I an idiot? Because I don't think he is a legit QB? Well neither do 90 percent of the NFL teams, ex NFL players, current teammates. You sure are an easy target to pick on.
Tebow in college:

9285 yards, 66.4%, 88 TDs, 16 Ints

You claim he has questionable accuracy for a high schooler.

You are retarded. There is no way to spin this fact. Your latest response only proves this fact.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #5182
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

College isn't the NFL.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #5183
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
College isn't the NFL.
Which has nothing to do with what I said. You are also retarded. Congrats!
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #5184
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

5 years 96 million.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #5185
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Tebow in college:

9285 yards, 66.4%, 88 TDs, 16 Ints

You claim he has questionable accuracy for a high schooler.

You are retarded. There is no way to spin this fact. Your latest response only proves this fact.
I was being sarcastic and over the top. Since when do stats determine accuracy? Half of his passes in meyers system were bubble screens, shovel passes and deep throws to wide open wr. NFL scouts no this and throw those out when looking at film. Accuracy always been a concern since hs and it still is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #5186
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I was being sarcastic and over the top. Since when do stats determine accuracy? Half of his passes in meyers system were bubble screens, shovel passes and deep throws to wide open wr. NFL scouts no this and throw those out when looking at film. Accuracy always been a concern since hs and it still is.
You are still being retarded because you don't know even a little about this sport.

You are too stupid for this conversation. Give it up.

Last edited by jhns; 03-20-2012 at 11:02 AM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #5187
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #5188
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You are still being retarded because you don't know even a little about this sport.

You are too stupid for this conversation. Give it up.
Look who gets upset goes to name calling and throws a fit and can't provide any refute. oh wait he is one of the least liked posters here. I wonder why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #5189
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Listening to you and your hard core nuthugging cronies whine, while the other nuthuggers try to distance themselves from you clowns by feigning to be Bronco fans again makes this signing so ****ing worth it......I don't even care about them winning it all sometimes

BTW, losing AFC title game is better than not getting to it at all....
maybe but for the money we paying manning he better win more than afc championships hell thats the type of money you throw at a first round no 1 draft pick QB
and Jhns should stop acting like such a jack ass and try to be a wee bit more nicer
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #5190
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Interesting read in retrospect. Lots of fail enclosed.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #5191
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Tebow in college:

9285 yards, 66.4%, 88 TDs, 16 Ints

You claim he has questionable accuracy for a high schooler.

You are retarded. There is no way to spin this fact. Your latest response only proves this fact.
Nothing is worse than using college stats to try and make a NFL argument. It has to be killing this idiot with Mannings success and the Jets piling on their FB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #5192
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Osweiler in the draft, he is really raw but has a lot of potential. He is the type of guy who could hopefully benefit from a couple of years in a pro system as a backup.
nailed it.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #5193
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Id be scared completely ****less having 20 mill in Peyton with Beadles and Franklin and a potentially gimpy Kuper pass blocking.
^ hahahaha... meanwhile Beadles and Franklin have been damn near flawless in pass protection
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #5194
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The first ten pages are

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #5195
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Nothing is worse than using college stats to try and make a NFL argument. It has to be killing this idiot with Mannings success and the Jets piling on their FB.
That bozo hasn't been around. Wonder why. Probably cause he was wrong. Not wrong in the sense of most posts that whiffed in here, but wrong on a historic scale.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #5196
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'll bet anyone a year long OM ban that Peyton does not end up in Denver.
Someone should've took this bet. I didnt see it or would've.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #5197
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
I'm watching the NFL Network and they just had a piece listing the Top10 QB's to switch teams. What they failed to mention in it is that the only one count'em one that went onto to win a championship was Norm Van Brocklin of the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles. Keep in mine this list included Montana, Favre and Namath.

What does this about Manning's  chances to win a SB? Not good good at all. This was a huge mistake I'm sorry I just don't see Manning in all his greatness carrying this team at his age to a Super Bowl win.
MHM had some great almost meltdown posts. Whether or not you thought Manning can win SB or not you know we can't with TT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #5198
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

What ever happened top JHIZZ? I haven't heard from him in a long time.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #5199
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless
 
orangeatheist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I can't wait for the actual signing, just to read your meltdown posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Nah, if it happens, I figure I'll be pretty resigned at that point. I'll schedule a few games to go to next year based on what games my friends and son want to see.

Sell the rest for as much as humanly possible. It won't be worth arguing so much about die that are already cast.
You must be making a bundle selling your tickets this year. Have you already attended the couple of games your friend and son wanted to see? Or are you planning on maybe the KC game?

Last edited by orangeatheist; 11-15-2012 at 09:56 PM..
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #5200
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
You must be making a bundle selling your tickets this year. Have you already attended the couple of games your friend and son wanted to see? Or are you planning on maybe the KC game?
I have had to sell two games and damn near made my season ticket cost back! The best part, they were bough by Broncos fans!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Denver Broncos