The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #5151
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
I'm watching the NFL Network and they just had a piece listing the Top10 QB's to switch teams. What they failed to mention in it is that the only one count'em one that went onto to win a championship was Norm Van Brocklin of the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles. Keep in mine this list included Montana, Favre and Namath.

What does this about Manning's  chances to win a SB? Not good good at all. This was a huge mistake I'm sorry I just don't see Manning in all his greatness carrying this team at his age to a Super Bowl win.
It doesnt say anything.

Favre and Montana both made the championship games, and Namath was not on any of these guys level. I'll take my chances in those championship games.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #5152
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hope for the future is different that hoping he can hold up for one more season. Not sure I can trade one for the other.
I'm not even sure why you were so hopeful for the future. The Broncos happened to buck a whole lot of trends last year, and it made for an awesomely exciting season. Tim was a lot of fun to watch. But these things have a way of evening themselves out, and unless he vastly improved (and i doubt he VASTLY improved) we were more than likely gonna be a ****ty football team.

If Peyton stays healthy, there's no reason he cant give us three exciting years of good football. Sure, its an if, but its worth the risk. Hes one of the best ever.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #5153
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It doesnt say anything.

Favre and Montana both made the championship games, and Namath was not on any of these guys level. I'll take my chances in those championship games.
There you have it folks... a 30-13 loss in the AFC Championship. Bet the Farm!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #5154
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I'm not even sure why you were so hopeful for the future. The Broncos happened to buck a whole lot of trends last year, and it made for an awesomely exciting season. Tim was a lot of fun to watch. But these things have a way of evening themselves out, and unless he vastly improved (and i doubt he VASTLY improved) we were more than likely gonna be a ****ty football team.

If Peyton stays healthy, there's no reason he cant give us three exciting years of good football. Sure, its an if, but its worth the risk. Hes one of the best ever.
Evening themselves out? Young QB's tend to improve. A lot. Especially ones that work their hearts out. With PM, 2005 was the ceiling. Everything from then on is decline. We've thrown away promise for the past.

And as Coach Ditka liked to say... you live in the past...
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #5155
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
The comparison borders on insane. You're acting like these players play in a vacuum and they are all similar. But a tiny sample size was provided, two of which had success.

And then you pee on the fact that they didn't win the super bowl and, instead, prefer to support a partially unknown commodity that wasn't all that good last year and was the beneficiary of luck and anomaly.

I like Tim Tebow...but this is peyton friggin manning.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #5156
bombay
Ring of Famer

goodbye tebow
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #5157
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Evening themselves out? Young QB's tend to improve. A lot. Especially ones that work their hearts out. With PM, 2005 was the ceiling. Everything from then on is decline. We've thrown away promise for the past.

Sure, he can improve...but he set the bar pretty damn low for himself. Clearly, the broncos won some games and he obviously had a part in them. He pulled off some heroics there. But in some of those games he was downright putrid as a passer. And that wasn't bad luck. He was mechanically inconsistent and he had little mental grasp of the QB position. I loved watching the guy play, my main issue was that he never really seemed to improve out there. He's an amazing athlete, a great football player, so i expect him to have his moments. And i think he has a place in the league (especially at the goal line), but im not sure what you saw that leads you to believe he's going to be some amazing thing. Show me how many QBs threw for under 50 percent and suddenly became accurate passers.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #5158
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Sure, he can improve...but he set the bar pretty damn low for himself. Clearly, the broncos won some games and he obviously had a part in them. He pulled off some heroics there. But in some of those games he was downright putrid as a passer. And that wasn't bad luck. He was mechanically inconsistent and he had little mental grasp of the QB position. I loved watching the guy play, my main issue was that he never really seemed to improve out there. He's an amazing athlete, a great football player, so i expect him to have his moments. And i think he has a place in the league (especially at the goal line), but im not sure what you saw that leads you to believe he's going to be some amazing thing. Show me how many QBs threw for under 50 percent and suddenly became accurate passers.
You mean other than Elway? Or Eli?

Wonder how many 8 attempt games they got dealt?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #5159
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
You mean other than Elway? Or Eli?

Wonder how many 8 attempt games they got dealt?
I'm sorry, but the comparisons between Tebow and Elway are just absurd. Stop it.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #5160
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

This is the crux of the matter. Elway and co have made a move of HUGE proportions. I agree that it makes the team better. Manning is an elite QB.

But Manning IS 36 years old. He does not have 5-6 years of play left. Odds are he will play here 3-4 IF he stays healthy. And if he is hurt we currently have no one ( well maybe Weber really is good...and maybe he can learn behind Manning)
to take his place.

The fact that we are paying a very large sum of $ to get PM here is also a consideration. Plus we also have to invest in other players to get the team up to his needs.

Like others I feel that going to the super bowl is the only way you can say this is a success. And maybe we will. But if we don't, and get knocked out early or even don't make the playoffs the next few years?

Then this will have been a mistake...of the same proportions as the potential upside. We are structuring the team for this move...
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #5161
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Listening to you and your hard core nuthugging cronies whine, while the other nuthuggers try to distance themselves from you clowns by feigning to be Bronco fans again makes this signing so ****ing worth it......I don't even care about them winning it all sometimes

BTW, losing AFC title game is better than not getting to it at all....

Last edited by errand; 03-20-2012 at 07:08 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #5162
Stagger Lee

Quote:
I'm sorry, but the comparisons between Tebow and Elway are just absurd. Stop it.
QFT
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #5163
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

QB's that have horrible mechanics and accuracy that is questionable for highschool level rarely do. Compound that with poor progression reading and the cieling isn't very high.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #5164
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
QB's that have horrible mechanics and accuracy that is questionable for highschool level rarely do. Compound that with poor progression reading and the cieling isn't very high.
Questionable accuracy for a high schooler? He was a great, not good, college passer. Is high school harder than college?

You are too stupid for this conversation.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #5165
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
This is the crux of the matter. Elway and co have made a move of HUGE proportions. I agree that it makes the team better. Manning is an elite QB.

But Manning IS 36 years old. He does not have 5-6 years of play left. Odds are he will play here 3-4 IF he stays healthy. And if he is hurt we currently have no one ( well maybe Weber really is good...and maybe he can learn behind Manning)
to take his place.

The fact that we are paying a very large sum of $ to get PM here is also a consideration. Plus we also have to invest in other players to get the team up to his needs.

Like others I feel that going to the super bowl is the only way you can say this is a success. And maybe we will. But if we don't, and get knocked out early or even don't make the playoffs the next few years?

Then this will have been a mistake...of the same proportions as the potential upside. We are structuring the team for this move...
What they need to do now is prepare for this schedule. This is the worst schedule I think I've ever seen. We're going to need a full roster and a packed practice squad. We got Manning, but this schedule looks like we're sailing into the perfect storm.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #5166
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Why Manning ruled out KC

Quote:
Apparently, teams were pre-qualified by Manning prior to any visits. When Condon was contacted by the 12 teams, he told them that the contract Manning was starting at was 5 for 90 and going from there.

Teams either had to say in or out at that point.

From there, Manning narrowed his selections.

I was told this from someone yesterday, and then today on Twitter, a great guy to follow, Andrew Brandt commented on it as well. I was leery about what I was told, but this guy confirmed it.

The Chiefs never got past the pre-qualified stage.

Seattle did, but when Manning narrowed his choices, the roster had no appeal.

Just thought I'd post this since we had a lot of discussions about why the Chiefs never got a face to face.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #5167
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Questionable accuracy for a high schooler? He was a great, not good, college passer. Is high school harder than college?

You are too stupid for this conversation.
I know he was pretty good in college but every qb that plays for Urban has great stats. Ever heard of Chris Leak?

Here is Tebow's college recruiting card.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...im-Tebow-31436

Here is his NFL draft prediction

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ebow?id=497135

See a trend? His weaknesses still show up in his game as they have since HS.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #5168
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
So you would be upset with them being in the AFC Championship game?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #5169
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Listening to you and your hard core nuthugging cronies whine, while the other nuthuggers try to distance themselves from you clowns by feigning to be Bronco fans again makes this signing so ****ing worth it......I don't even care about them winning it all sometimes

BTW, losing AFC title game is better than not getting to it at all....
The goal is to win the Superbowl, anything less is not a victory for us. Ask Bailey how he felt about this year. We did well, we rescued a ****ty season and beat the mother****ing Rapistburgers, but we did not get far enough. So Manning or not, expectations are high. We don't win it all, we are no better than when we had Plummer, Cutler, Orton or Tebow.

Just like there is no crying in baseball, there is no consolation prize in the NFL. Win it all. Don't think the Pats for instance feel all that good about 18-1 now do they? Probably feel even worse this year knowing that ELI Manning owns them. funny really.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #5170
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What they need to do now is prepare for this schedule. This is the worst schedule I think I've ever seen. We're going to need a full roster and a packed practice squad. We got Manning, but this schedule looks like we're sailing into the perfect storm.
Yeah, except you know as well as I do that the landscape changes as the season goes on.

Last spring, Philly was supposed to be a juggernaut, the Colts were supposed to be a playoff team, Atlanta was on the verge of a super bowl, the Bears, Cowboys, Chargers and Jets couldn't possibly miss the playoffs, etc.

The schedule certainly looks tough at this point, but it's a long way from here to there.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #5171
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Whatever it takes to make you feel better about that horrible franchise you root for.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #5172
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I know he was pretty good in college but every qb that plays for Urban has great stats. Ever heard of Chris Leak?

Leak played half his career before Urban even got to Florida. And he put up bigger numbers under Zook.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #5173
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
The goal is to win the Superbowl, anything less is not a victory for us. Ask Bailey how he felt about this year. We did well, we rescued a ****ty season and beat the mother****ing Rapistburgers, but we did not get far enough. So Manning or not, expectations are high. We don't win it all, we are no better than when we had Plummer, Cutler, Orton or Tebow.

Just like there is no crying in baseball, there is no consolation prize in the NFL. Win it all. Don't think the Pats for instance feel all that good about 18-1 now do they? Probably feel even worse this year knowing that ELI Manning owns them. funny really.
I like how the "bet the farm"ers are now trying to lower the bar.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #5174
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Bad day for you, Beavis.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #5175
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You are an idiot.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote