The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #5126
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

I wonder how Eddie Royal's feeling right about now....
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #5127
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Elvis Dumervil@EKD92

We have a ton of work to do but boy we going to have some fun grinding! Gotta put the time in ....Lets welcome Manning Bronco Nation
And, remember, this team rallied around and took themselves to the next level for Tim. What heights do you think they'll reach for --and believe they can achieve--with/for Manning?
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #5128
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
DJ Williams apparently thinks the Broncos are keeping Tebow?
Yeah, that and him. He's probably going to be pretty disappointed.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #5129
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
A few million bucks?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #5130
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #5131
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
Once again, Royal drops the ball.

Not really though. He left because we weren't going to pay him. It doesn't sound like we even considered giving him a contract.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #5132
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Peyton apparently didn't want him on the roster.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #5133
canadianbroncosfan

So can we point out that Vic Lombardi was more than 95% right. He's the only media person/source I've trusted this whole time.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #5134
Headless Hessian Rider
SB is only for old QB's !

Prediction SB win within 3 years!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
'sack' dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
12:04 pm Vic Lombardi: Wow. It's over. He's a Bronco. And this time, I'm 99.999999999999999999999999% sure. As I reported 11 days ago, the Broncos will now trade Tebow. The deal was done one week ago. It obviously just took a little "massaging". You have to trade Tebow. Two entirely different QB's. Woudn't work. The Broncos will pay Manning 90-million plus. Look for at least half that in guarantees.

According to sources inside the Broncos, the building at Dove Valley is going nuts. They're celebrating big time. What a coup by John Elway. The Broncos have already been in contact with several teams regarding Tebow. They've taken the temperature in case this were to happen. The Broncos won him over with Elway and Fox. End of story. They won him over. I know the Broncos have been in contact with at least three teams regaring Tebow. Despite what people think, there is a market for him.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...rumors-3-19-12

https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/s...70640871788544
I really hoped we could keep him, we would be unpredictable. Running two totally different offensives... And if he really is gone then for a high draft pick ...
Headless Hessian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #5135
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I'm so ticked that Tebow didn't get at least one more year to prove himself in Denver. He earned it. I'm so furious with Bowlen and Elway right now I can't even see straight. I see this being a mistake of biblical proportions. While Iíll root for Manning to succeed since heís on my team now I just donít see it happening.

One thing is certain, Manning MUST deliver at least 1 playoff win in the first year of his contract. I like anyone else on this board should be all over him like white on rice if he doesnít. The expectation MUST be set here at the very least. If heís as great as everyone still seems to think he is this isnít setting the bar low at all. We gave up a lot to get him he better produced some results THIS year.

Itíll be interesting to see what happens if he doesnít. The same group who said we had to have him will be the same rats jumping ship if he doesnít you can bet on it.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #5136
extralife
Ring of Famer

biblical proprotions
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #5137
extralife
Ring of Famer

we are all literally about to die right now get ready it's happening.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #5138
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
I'm so ticked that Tebow didn't get at least one more year to prove himself in Denver. He earned it. I'm so furious with Bowlen and Elway right now I can't even see straight. I see this being a mistake of biblical proportions. While Iíll root for Manning to succeed since heís on my team now I just donít see it happening.

One thing is certain, Manning MUST deliver at least 1 playoff win in the first year of his contract. I like anyone else on this board should be all over him like white on rice if he doesnít. The expectation MUST be set here at the very least. If heís as great as everyone still seems to think he is this isnít setting the bar low at all. We gave up a lot to get him he better produced some results THIS year.

Itíll be interesting to see what happens if he doesnít. The same group who said we had to have him will be the same rats jumping ship if he doesnít you can bet on it.
I'm stoked. This move guarantees a super bowl win. Guarantees it. Why? Anything short of that is a failure. FTW.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #5139
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #5140
lolcopter

champ is on the fan right now
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #5141
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Hessian Rider View Post
I really hoped we could keep him, we would be unpredictable. Running two totally different offensives... And if he really is gone then for a high draft pick ...
Tebow needs reps to get better, but that won't happen here, and the Bronco have no interest in trying to have 2 offenses, pretty hard to do even if they wanted to. Tebow will not fetch a high pick.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #5142
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
champ is on the fan right now
he sounds like he's ten and christmas just hit six days in a row
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #5143
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Agreed.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #5144
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
As soon as he bats .500 in the playoffs, we can be excited.
Your tears are delicious.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #5145
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
You tebowners are pathetic. All the players are excited as can be. Don't you think that speaks volumes about what they think their chances with Tebow are?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #5146
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Quote:
How can you not be excited?

It's not like Tebow was going to get us farther than Manning will. Our odds at going to the playoffs just went up. You may not believe Manning can get it done, but I guarantee he has a much greater chance of getting it done than Tebow did. As far as "developing" Tebow goes - you can't count on that, ever. With his playstyle, he could have been done for the year a few games into the season. His playstyle invites injury. So what if Manning is only here 4 years? I think he gives us a great chance to get to the SB.

Be happy!
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #5147
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

Peyton Manning better perform or Mile Hi Mojoe is going to REGULATE up in dis bi'ch.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #5148
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
How can you not be excited?

It's not like Tebow was going to get us farther than Manning will. Our odds at going to the playoffs just went up. You may not believe Manning can get it done, but I guarantee he has a much greater chance of getting it done than Tebow did. As far as "developing" Tebow goes - you can't count on that, ever. With his playstyle, he could have been done for the year a few games into the season. His playstyle invites injury. So what if Manning is only here 4 years? I think he gives us a great chance to get to the SB.

Be happy!
Hope for the future is different that hoping he can hold up for one more season. Not sure I can trade one for the other.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #5149
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Quote:
Hope for the future is different that hoping he can hold up for one more season. Not sure I can trade one for the other.

Why would you think he can't hold up another season? He had physicals with three top orthopedic surgeons. Some say his neck at least, will be stronger. The biggest hit to him is probably some loss of range of motion on his neck. It apparently has no ill effects on him. He has had multiple workouts, and evreyone says he looks as good as always. Maybe better, for having a year off to let his body recover.

Why the sudden concern for his health? He is as healthy as he has ever been. He honestly doesn't get hit a lot, because he gets rid of the ball so quickly. Him getting hurt is honestly low on my list of things to worry about.

Are you sure you are just not angry that Tebow is done here? I'd think any real Bronco fan would be thrilled in the upgrade in the QB position. And while 4 years may not be the longest tenure, it's hardly like any QB after Elway has lasted longer, and we are sure to see more success with Manning.

Personally, I'm thrilled we are set for QB for a few years at least. That's a huge upgrade for our offense. It will be kind of nice to see the team score in the first 3 quarters of a game again.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #5150
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I'm watching the NFL Network and they just had a piece listing the Top10 QB's to switch teams. What they failed to mention in it is that the only one count'em one that went onto to win a championship was Norm Van Brocklin of the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles. Keep in mine this list included Montana, Favre and Namath.

What does this about Manning's †chances to win a SB? Not good good at all. This was a huge mistake I'm sorry I just don't see Manning in all his greatness carrying this team at his age to a Super Bowl win.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote