The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #5026
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

If he loved Denver last week, there's no reason for him not to love them again.

It's like buying a car (go with me on this) - you fall in love with the Honda. You've driven it, the money is great, all the extras are awesome. It's a done deal. Then someone from the VW dealership comes in, shows you something flashy. something with some nice incentives. So you take the time to drive it and hey! It's not that bad. Duly noted. And then - BAM! - here comes that sweet Dodge Charger, $5000 off MSRP, totally souped up, sales guy found you on the sly, only offering YOU this awesome deal because he likes you. You take that for a spin and think 'hey, I could totally snag some quality poon in this thing'. But when you sit down to decide you, as a business person and a reasonably-minded adult, come to realize that your gut and your first instincts have never failed you before and they're likely the right decision at this point.

So yeah - Denver.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #5027
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Take it for what it's worth but here is a tidbit from Les Shapiro

https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/statu...18493165281281

Someone asked if that is a deal breaker he said:

https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/statu...21218535936002
WTF?!?! It is such a misconception that Denver weather is BAD. Over 300 days of sun per year, so I hear. Actually a very dry climate.

It's just when there is a storm....it can be a whopper.

**** these dopes that think the weather is "bad". He'll get a lot more precipitation in Tennessee or Miami.

Do your research, Peyton!
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #5028
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Nashville Examiner reports Broncos are out.

http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-ti...-manning-chase
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #5029
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post

Ruh roh
Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #5030
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:

I cry B.S.

"According to league, and other sources the Denver Broncos, once thought to be the leading candidate has been eliminated, leaving the San Francisco 49ers to wait with the new favorite Tennessee Titans.

Multiple people familiar with the situation believe that the Titans, while not as close to championship contention as the 49ers, who lost the NFC Championship game last season to the eventual champion New York Giants are a better fit for Manning.

“San Francisco has all the pieces to win a Super Bowl, and Manning puts them over the top,” said a league source speaking on the condition of anonymity. “But team aside, Tennessee is the better fit overall, and I believe that’s where he ends up.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Multiple reports say Titans are leaders in Manning chase - Nashville Tennessee Titans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-titans-in-nashville/multiple-reports-say-titans-are-leaders-manning-chase#ixzz1pZUXv2OB"

Arias cites no one in specific, and all he says is that multiple people say Tennessee would be a better fit.

I swear, the media is just turning their wheels spouting nothing substantial at all!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #5031
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Manning needs to really love Elway and the Broncos to break the bank to sign.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #5032
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
I cry B.S.

"According to league, and other sources the Denver Broncos, once thought to be the leading candidate has been eliminated, leaving the San Francisco 49ers to wait with the new favorite Tennessee Titans.

Multiple people familiar with the situation believe that the Titans, while not as close to championship contention as the 49ers, who lost the NFC Championship game last season to the eventual champion New York Giants are a better fit for Manning.

“San Francisco has all the pieces to win a Super Bowl, and Manning puts them over the top,” said a league source speaking on the condition of anonymity. “But team aside, Tennessee is the better fit overall, and I believe that’s where he ends up.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Multiple reports say Titans are leaders in Manning chase - Nashville Tennessee Titans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-titans-in-nashville/multiple-reports-say-titans-are-leaders-manning-chase#ixzz1pZUXv2OB"

Arias cites no one in specific, and all he says is that multiple people say Tennessee would be a better fit.

I swear, the media is just turning their wheels spouting nothing substantial at all!
Little late in the game to be crying foul over 'league' sources

Could be BS in the end. But it's just as possible as anything that's been debated the last 2 weeks in the OM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #5033
rideco

Meh. Until I see a tweet from @AdamSchefter or @mortreport I am not paying any attention to the media rumors. No one but Peyton and maybe some of his family knows where he wants to go.
rideco
Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #5034
TonyR
Franchise Poster

A few interesting tidbits here:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-3-19-12

According to Mike Klis, the team has not heard from Peyton Manning since Friday's van chase and workout. Klis says Tim Tebow will be Denver's starting QB, potentially backed up by Josh Johnson or Dennis Dixon, if Manning chooses to sign elsewhere. Jeff Legwold says the Broncos are fine with waiting for Peyton to make his decision (not that they have a choice).
Peter King also thinks Hasselbeck could go to San Francisco, but he doesn't want to guess where Manning is going, because he says it's true that nobody really knows. Apparently King hasn't spoken to any Denver fans, because he thinks he's the only person who would vouch for the Broncos keeping Tebow if they sign Manning, and he says he wouldn't give up Timmy for anything less than a third-rounder if he were them. PK acknowledges Denver was the prohibitive favorite to sign Peyton a week ago, but he doesn't see it as a bad thing for them that the QB hasn't yet announced a decision.

King calls this a factoid, but in Broncosland it reads like something much bigger:
How much did Brady Quinn want out of the Denver quarterback-go-round? So much, I hear, that he turned down an offer of $2 million from the Broncos and accepted a one-year, $1.5-million deal in Kansas City.
Score it Tebowmania 3, Kyle Orton 0, Matt Flynn 0, Brady Quinn 0. Who's next?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #5035
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Manning needs to really love Elway and the Broncos to break the bank to sign.
Yeah, sometimes to land the girl, you've got to show you'll move on with your life without them. TEN and SF did that. We acted like the girl who was going to crawl into a hole and die if Peypey didn't pick us.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #5036
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Little late in the game to be crying foul over 'league' sources

Could be BS in the end. But it's just as possible as anything that's been debated the last 2 weeks in the OM.
True, and I hope people will remember this Manning stuff in regards to future "sources" claims by reporters and not just stories in sports. How much of what they "report" is even from an actual source or something they just made up and cover with "unnamed source?" Journalism is about getting attention, if the truth happens to be included, even better, but not as important.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #5037
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, sometimes to land the girl, you've got to show you'll move on with your life without them. TEN and SF did that. We acted like the girl who was going to crawl into a hole and die if Peypey didn't pick us.
You mean signing Mike Adams and Joe Mays didn't excite Manning?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #5038
DENVERDUI55

Bud Adams says he doesn't expect to land Manning and thinks 49ers will, 49ers think Denver will and Denver thinks Tennessee will. Vicious circles.

I still think he won't be a Bronco and will choose winning with San Francisco vs quality of life with Tennessee.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #5039
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

No one knows. Chris Mortensen would have an early advantage due to his connections with CAA. Aside from that, we're all in the dark and everyone is guessing, including this hillbilly from the Tennessee paper.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #5040
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

They haven't mentioned anything about this on Sirius NFL Radio.....I call BS for now.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #5041
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

He will not be playing for Denver.I am not sure what advantage he has by playing here.
If i am in his place, i will either chose SF(he will have better chance winning SB in couple of years) or TEN(for money, wife's preference).
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #5042
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Peyton Manning would like to apologize to everyone for taking over 12 days to make a major career and life decision. Manning realizes that what is important is not his own fulfillment, or his employer's goals, but the strained patience of fans/Twitterati. Manning also realizes that multi-million $ decisions are best made hastily and apologizes deeply for being so old fashioned.

He also apologizes for being in such great demand, and knows it is his fault we find all of these suitors and coverage so annoying. Manning also "gets" the comparison to Favre, even though he has never feigned retirement, and this is March, not July. But they are both QBs. In short, Manning is really, really sorry for taxing our attention spans and forcing us to obsesses ceaselessly over his decision.

https://twitter.com/#!/FO_MTanier/st...43260325249025
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #5043
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Peyton Manning would like to apologize to everyone for taking over 12 days to make a major career and life decision. Manning realizes that what is important is not his own fulfillment, or his employer's goals, but the strained patience of fans/Twitterati. Manning also realizes that multi-million $ decisions are best made hastily and apologizes deeply for being so old fashioned.

He also apologizes for being in such great demand, and knows it is his fault we find all of these suitors and coverage so annoying. Manning also "gets" the comparison to Favre, even though he has never feigned retirement, and this is March, not July. But they are both QBs. In short, Manning is really, really sorry for taxing our attention spans and forcing us to obsesses ceaselessly over his decision.

I'd rather this **** happened in July. At least we would've spent FA trying to build a team instead of waxing PM's knob. Not that that's PM's fault so much as Larry Moe and Curly's.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #5044
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
At least we would've spent FA trying to build a team instead of waxing PM's knob.
There's no evidence of that.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #5045
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjackson View Post
There's no evidence of that.
Well you might have me there.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #5046
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
I'd rather this **** happened in July. At least we would've spent FA trying to build a team instead of waxing PM's knob. Not that that's PM's fault so much as Larry Moe and Curly's.
Ummm......not necessarily.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #5047
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Ummm......not necessarily.
Yeah I heard already. Never underestimate the power of the woefully inept. I get it.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #5048
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

such a dumb statement made by that guy. No one would be upset if Manning did what he said he would, i.e. sign before free agency to attract and help the team he signs with. Instead he's handicapped all three teams by his repeatedly pushing the decision back.

In SF's case, they might lose their starting qb to the dolphins, the Broncos are missing out on some players that would fit nicely in our club as well.

Mario Williams was almost as high profile of a free agent and he had no problem deciding within the first few days that the Bills were the right fit for him. Personally I think the whole thing reeks of CAA trying to drive the price up while espn and the nfl get more coverage and interest in their typically lowest interest time of the year.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #5049
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Of course Manning can take his time making a decision, though safe to say most free agents don't need grand tours, teams flying across the country to meet, talking to multiple teams while their players at that position are also left wondering, and taking a week or more to make a decision. Most seem to be able to make life changing decisions quicker and with less drama. Oh, and Manning wouldn't pick the Broncos because he might have to play a couple games in snow? A tough guy like Manning would really base a decision on that?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #5050
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
such a dumb statement made by that guy. No one would be upset if Manning did what he said he would, i.e. sign before free agency to attract and help the team he signs with. Instead he's handicapped all three teams by his repeatedly pushing the decision back.
Pretty tough to make a decision before FA began, when he never even received any contract offers at that point.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote