The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #876
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSWRITER View Post
Not saying you're wrong, or your source as the case may be, but it's just that I do not depict Tebow as the "cry baby" type like Cutler. I think Tim knows that it's all business, and his faith tells him that God will direct him to the best play for him to play, regardless of the Manning outcome.

Cry baby is a perception. Elway was considered a "cry baby" for not wanting to go to Baltimore. Eli was considered a "cry baby" for not wanting to go to San Diego. Both of them probably made the right choice for themselves. And as far as that goes, Jay Cutler looks like a genius right now for wanting to get as far away from Josh McDaniels as he could.

If Tebow thinks leaving Denver is what is best for his career, I don't have a problem with that. The way I see it, everybody has to do what they think is best for themselves first before they'll be of any use to anyone else. Some people would call him a cry baby, sure. But, in the end, he's going to have to do what he thinks is best for himself. Football careers are very finite things, and every season counts.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #877
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
5:46 pm Interesting tweet from Greg Cosell, who watches more film than anyone on earth: When 1st thing people discuss in evaluating QB is intangibles, work ethic, competitiveness, that's shorthand for can't throw well enough.

Not sure who he's talking about here, so if you assumed it was Tebow, well, then that's on you.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ency-3-18-2012

https://twitter.com/#!/gregcosell/st...96236958953472
I'm going to guess JaMarcus Russell

Quote:
"Oh, man, can Russell flick it," says NFL Network analyst Greg Cosell, who has broken down film of Russell and Quinn. "Like Elway, he has the ability to see and make downfield throws 50 yards when he's on the move.

Cosell also thinks Russell has all the tools to be great. "This kid is a special passer, and he's got a complete inventory of throws," he says. "He's got that football intuition. He throws from different platforms, doesn't always have to be perfectly set and can move within the boxing-ring space of the pocket to find the quiet area."
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #878
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
was lady luck on our side last year? you betcha'!

But I am of the thought that we try and develop Tebow being that this will be his first official off season. Plus he was slated to get starters reps in TC.the growth from a QB's 1st year as a starter to his second is usually very telling one way or another (A Rodgers or V Young) and it seems as though we are going to yank the carpet away from him before we get to see the fruits of our coaches labor....We all realize that Manning is a sure fire HOF'er and probably a top 5 QB of all time...but if he winds up as Joe Montana in KC only in a Bronco uniform we fans will always wonder what if regarding Tebow.

I am now of the mindset that I want to see Manning wearing a XXXXXXXXL niners or titans hat no later than Tuesday....
I will not wonder one bit. tebow is a few offseasons away if ever from becomming a passer in the NFL.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #879
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I will not wonder one bit. tebow is a few offseasons away if ever from becomming a passer in the NFL.
Love the hedging. Your uncertainty is delicious.

"I said a few offseasons! I predicted this!"
Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 AM   #880
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Love the hedging. Your uncertainty is delicious.

"I said a few offseasons! I predicted this!"
alright,I'll be more clear on it. I felt he was a bust when drafted & still think he's a bust.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #881
Jay3

Quote:
alright,I'll be more clear on it. I felt he was a bust when drafted & still think he's a bust.
Understood. But you felt it there for a minute.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #882
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Then you don't know what a bust is... You are an idiot.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #883
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That's just silly. That's how people described Elway. Hell, the first thing they talk about with Manning is how smart he is.

That's a pretty dumb statement by a pretty smart guy.
Wrong. The first thing people used to say about Elway was he had a rocket for an arm.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #884
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tennessee paper says Denver is out of Manning sweepstakes:

According to league, and other sources the Denver Broncos, once thought to be the leading candidate has been eliminated, leaving the San Francisco 49ers to wait with the new favorite Tennessee Titans.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Multiple reports say Titans are leaders in Manning chase - Nashville Tennessee Titans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-ti...#ixzz1pZQevEJv

http://t.co/mG3v4oXu

titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #885
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Wrong. The first thing people used to say about Elway was he had a rocket for an arm.
Wrong.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #886
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote