The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #851
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

I disagree with the notion the Broncos would have trouble trading Tim Tebow if they land free-agent Peyton Manning.

True, the quarterback spots are filling up. There are way more quality backup QBs available (Vince Young, Josh Johnson, Dennis Dixon) than backup jobs. GMs and coaches might balk at adding Tebow, who plays quarterback along a path unfamiliar to NFL GMs and coaches, and also carries along the distraction of a passionate fan base.

But as we learned from Tennessee’s late pursuit of Peyton Manning, owners have the right to trump the GM and coach.

Tebow, all by himself, lifted the Broncos from a six-year malaise in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly made the Broncos relevant in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly energized the Broncos’ fan base. And Tebow all but singlehandedly lifted a bad team — NFL worst 7-24 from Nov. 1, 2009 until he got his first start in Game 6 of 2011 — to the playoffs.

What owner who struggles to sell 10,000 seats every home week wouldn’t want that? Even if it’s as a No. 3 quarterback/package player, Tebow has value.

And interest in Tebow doesn’t just have to be limited to owners. I’m just throwing this out there, but the Cleveland Browns, for instance.

I’m telling you right now, Colt McCoy can’t carry Tebow’s Bible-stuffed gym bag. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and GM Brian Xanders worked out, and went to the board, with both Tebow and McCoy the week before the 2010 draft, remember?

They were so impressed with McCoy, the Broncos traded away three draft picks to move up and take Tebow in the first round.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...medium=twitter

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #852
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

was lady luck on our side last year? you betcha'!

But I am of the thought that we try and develop Tebow being that this will be his first official off season. Plus he was slated to get starters reps in TC.the growth from a QB's 1st year as a starter to his second is usually very telling one way or another (A Rodgers or V Young) and it seems as though we are going to yank the carpet away from him before we get to see the fruits of our coaches labor....We all realize that Manning is a sure fire HOF'er and probably a top 5 QB of all time...but if he winds up as Joe Montana in KC only in a Bronco uniform we fans will always wonder what if regarding Tebow.

I am now of the mindset that I want to see Manning wearing a XXXXXXXXL niners or titans hat no later than Tuesday....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #853
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Well here we are in the mist of a thread where every nuance has been explored and dissected round and round.

Here's my take.

Broncos without Tim Tebow = boring and disappointing

Broncos with Tim Tebow = amazingly exciting.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #854
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
well not any ones fault Tebow has no balls but Tebow
I think you are saying Tebow neutered himself? Am I right or am I right?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #855
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

The Wildcat was effective at one point as well
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #856
TonyR
Franchise Poster

5:46 pm Interesting tweet from Greg Cosell, who watches more film than anyone on earth: When 1st thing people discuss in evaluating QB is intangibles, work ethic, competitiveness, that's shorthand for can't throw well enough.

Not sure who he's talking about here, so if you assumed it was Tebow, well, then that's on you.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ency-3-18-2012

https://twitter.com/#!/gregcosell/st...96236958953472
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #857
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I think you are saying Tebow neutered himself? Am I right or am I right?
with his indecision in the pocket
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #858
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
The Wildcat was effective at one point as well
Yeah til teams got enough film to figure out how to stop it thus stumble down the stretch against powerhouses like KC and Buffalo.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #859
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Even if true...why would you circulate this info? Its garbage.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #860
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
5:46 pm Interesting tweet from Greg Cosell, who watches more film than anyone on earth: When 1st thing people discuss in evaluating QB is intangibles, work ethic, competitiveness, that's shorthand for can't throw well enough.
That's just silly. That's how people described Elway. Hell, the first thing they talk about with Manning is how smart he is.

That's a pretty dumb statement by a pretty smart guy.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #861
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That's just silly. That's how people described Elway. Hell, the first thing they talk about with Manning is how smart he is.

That's a pretty dumb statement by a pretty smart guy.
Nobody ever said Elway couldn't throw the ball.....

Even while struggling as a rookie, you knew he was going to be one of the best EVER....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #862
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
I disagree with the notion the Broncos would have trouble trading Tim Tebow if they land free-agent Peyton Manning.

True, the quarterback spots are filling up. There are way more quality backup QBs available (Vince Young, Josh Johnson, Dennis Dixon) than backup jobs. GMs and coaches might balk at adding Tebow, who plays quarterback along a path unfamiliar to NFL GMs and coaches, and also carries along the distraction of a passionate fan base.

But as we learned from Tennessee’s late pursuit of Peyton Manning, owners have the right to trump the GM and coach.

Tebow, all by himself, lifted the Broncos from a six-year malaise in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly made the Broncos relevant in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly energized the Broncos’ fan base. And Tebow all but singlehandedly lifted a bad team — NFL worst 7-24 from Nov. 1, 2009 until he got his first start in Game 6 of 2011 — to the playoffs.

What owner who struggles to sell 10,000 seats every home week wouldn’t want that? Even if it’s as a No. 3 quarterback/package player, Tebow has value.

And interest in Tebow doesn’t just have to be limited to owners. I’m just throwing this out there, but the Cleveland Browns, for instance.

I’m telling you right now, Colt McCoy can’t carry Tebow’s Bible-stuffed gym bag. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and GM Brian Xanders worked out, and went to the board, with both Tebow and McCoy the week before the 2010 draft, remember?

They were so impressed with McCoy, the Broncos traded away three draft picks to move up and take Tebow in the first round.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...medium=twitter

Thats a pretty bad article. Sure, Tebow did it ALL by himself. Truth be told if he were a better QB, you wouldnt of needed any last minute miracles and i dont recall Tebow sacking or tackling anyone.

In anycase as a Charger fan and division rival, i hope Tebow stays if Manning signs elsewhere. I know Philip Rivers went on record on the radio and said he hopes Manning signs with you because he loves the challenge that Manning gives and it makes the division have more credibility but me.....i like that Tebow cant throw.

If im 36 and wanting another ring though, im probably signing with SF.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #863
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #864
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #865
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Thats a pretty bad article. Sure, Tebow did it ALL by himself. Truth be told if he were a better QB, you wouldnt of needed any last minute miracles
Orton had 13 opportunities for comebacks in 2010, failed 13 times. But I'm sure Orton is the better QB to you.

Let's say we focus on failed comebacks, who"s better; Tebow or Rivers?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #866
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Well here we are in the mist of a thread where every nuance has been explored and dissected round and round.

Here's my take.

More like

Broncos with Kyle Orton = boring and disappointing
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #867
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
More like

Broncos with Kyle Orton = boring and disappointing
Well if you drop the boring and replace it with pathetic you can go back some years.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #868
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Here's my take.

Melonhead's not gonna sign, so yeah, that's about the size of it.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #869
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Orton had 13 opportunities for comebacks in 2010, failed 13 times. But I'm sure Orton is the better QB to you.

Let's say we focus on failed comebacks, who"s better; Tebow or Rivers?
Your defense was dead last in 2010 and you gave up 471 points. Last season they gave up 380 and were 20th. If your defense was as bad last season as the season before, Tebow wouldnt have any comebacks because you wouldnt be in the game like you were many times.

Im not saying anything about Orton being better. Im saying Tebow stinks and was helped a lot by your defense so for that guy to say he did it all by himself is crappy journalism and let me remind you that Orton beat Tebow because he was 6 for 22 passing and a 20.6 rating.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #870
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Can't believe no one has posted it... but this happened like 30 min ago. If I can't sleep... then no one can. It's IB... but still he sound really cocky right now!!!

Quote:
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Broncos have WON the Peyton Manning sweepstakes!!! (His decision has been finalized announcement within 48Hrs)
Quote:
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: No Titans 4 Peyton Manning.. He will be #MileHigh Peyton (Broncos are back!) : This should keep u haters up now
Quote:
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Denver Broncos are back (Rick Ross Voice) Peyton Manning is on his way to #MileHigh : #IBN (Get it trending)
http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #871
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Can't believe no one has posted it... but this happened like 30 min ago. If I can't sleep... then no one can. It's IB... but still he sound really cocky right now!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob
**** twitter info.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #872
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post

Whose the Broncos quarterback?

Right now?

Are you supporting him?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #873
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Whose the Broncos quarterback?

Right now?

Are you supporting him?

If he's a Bronco, then yes. Be it Tebow, Manning or even Webber. Or maybe a this year draftee.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #874
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
If he's a Bronco, then yes. Be it Tebow, Manning or even Webber. Or maybe a this year draftee.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #875
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I was contacted tonight by a source who I used to talk to regularly, but haven't heard from in awhile. He's a guy who had given me some good information in the past, and I fully trust the information he's relayed to me tonight.

To cut straight to the point, he's told me that information he's received today says that regardless of how this Manning situation turns out, Tebow will be asking for a trade once the dust clears and Manning has made a decision. He's not asking to go to a specific team, and he does not require a starting role. The source says that he's disappointed that the Broncos are not showing any confidence in him, and he's being advised that he'd be better off in another organization.

The source says Tebow is currently being tight-lipped about this - he's wanted to go public but his advisors have told him to wait until the smoke clears on the Manning situation.

Story is clearly developing...
Not saying you're wrong, or your source as the case may be, but it's just that I do not depict Tebow as the "cry baby" type like Cutler. I think Tim knows that it's all business, and his faith tells him that God will direct him to the best play for him to play, regardless of the Manning outcome.
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote