The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #4951
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I think IF Denver ever wanted a SHOT at Manning they needed to be active in past week.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #4952
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

49'ers signed Manningham? Holy crap!
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #4953
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

just in case it hasn't been said... 9ers sign Manningham!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #4954
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
just in case it hasn't been said... 9ers sign Manningham!!
And that, my friends, is that... No reason for Peyton not to sign with SF and make a SB run.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #4955
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

McClain, Tolbert, Bunkley...there is some low hanging fruit that would make us alot better, still pissed we didn't reengage Hillis to be honest. This has been one frustrating free agency period.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #4956
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
And that, my friends, is that... No reason for Peyton not to sign with SF and make a SB run.
and thousands of bronco fans would be flooding emergency rooms wanting to be admitted for fanatical depression..

I just can't believe there is so much hoopla about this..

He either signs or he does not..

I had suggested SFO when he was dumped by IND.. Maybe more logic than we did, so did PHX and MIA until they dumped marshall..

Now TEN is the sentimental favorite..

I'm not holding my breath and if he signs well so be it if he does not I'm not losing any sleep and we can go on about getting better via the draft..

Patience Grasshoppers..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #4957
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
McClain, Tolbert, Bunkley...there is some low hanging fruit that would make us alot better, still pissed we didn't reengage Hillis to be honest. This has been one frustrating free agency period.
We can sign all three of those guys and I doubt it really moves the needle.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #4958
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Let me add that I really do not think he wants to go up against his brother EXCEPT in the superbowl..

Winner take all at that point..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #4959
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
and thousands of bronco fans would be flooding emergency rooms wanting to be admitted for fanatical depression..

I just can't believe there is so much hoopla about this..

He either signs or he does not..

I had suggested SFO when he was dumped by IND.. Maybe more logic than we did, so did PHX and MIA until they dumped marshall..

Now TEN is the sentimental favorite..

I'm not holding my breath and if he signs well so be it if he does not I'm not losing any sleep and we can go on about getting better via the draft..

Patience Grasshoppers..
Patience for what? This is not some master plan the pleebs cant see. If they don't sign PM, its an epic fail of an FA period. We're a team with A LOT of holes that was VERY lucky to be 8-8 last year.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #4960
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Nice move by the 49ers. As for PM heres how it boils down.

If Manning wants a clear path to the SB he should choose the 49ers, does he want that pressure? He might you never know.

If he wants a challenge with a coaching staff & front office he likes he should pick the Broncos

If he wants a challenge with familiarity of the are and be the "hometown hero" he should pick the Titans, does he wanna stick to the Colts fans twice a year by beating them down? I don't know about that one.

I think its anyone's game, but if Peyton isn't going to shy away from the pressure he should go to the 49ers. They will be Superbowl favorites and if they don't reach the SB it will be viewed as a failure. The media attention there will be insane also, remember hes coming from a town like Indy. Coach Harbaugh will likely clash with Manning both of them are fiery guys who want to run sh*t so if they don't have a great season year one or two its probably not going to end well. Lots of things working for 49ers and some work against it.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #4961
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
yes, Manningham is the proverbial straw that broke the EFX back... the feces is truly bonafide with this signing.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #4962
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would be shocked if Manning chose the Broncos now. I just don't see why unless the Broncos offered him 25 mil. per year.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #4963
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I would be shocked if Manning chose the Broncos now. I just don't see why unless the Broncos offered him 25 mil. per year.
Given their stunning absence of any moves thus far that might just be their plan. Or Bowlen's broke and hoarding cash before the spending floor starts.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #4964
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

He's definitely going to be a bronco my sources inside the light rail train said so!!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #4965
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
I figured only chance we had was overpay but, knew we wouldn't.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 03-17-2012 at 10:59 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #4966
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
If he is a Titan I bet his salary is closer to 30 than 20. I only see sf getting a discount.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #4967
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Nice move by the 49ers. As for PM heres how it boils down.

If Manning wants a clear path to the SB he should choose the 49ers, does he want that pressure? He might you never know.

If he wants a challenge with a coaching staff & front office he likes he should pick the Broncos

If he wants a challenge with familiarity of the are and be the "hometown hero" he should pick the Titans, does he wanna stick to the Colts fans twice a year by beating them down? I don't know about that one.

I think its anyone's game, but if Peyton isn't going to shy away from the pressure he should go to the 49ers. They will be Superbowl favorites and if they don't reach the SB it will be viewed as a failure. The media attention there will be insane also, remember hes coming from a town like Indy. Coach Harbaugh will likely clash with Manning both of them are fiery guys who want to run sh*t so if they don't have a great season year one or two its probably not going to end well. Lots of things working for 49ers and some work against it.
uhhhh he reached out to the Texans... so I don't think that's a problem in his mind.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #4968
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
. Or Bowlen's broke and hoarding cash before the spending floor starts.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #4969
TonyR
Franchise Poster

While some in the Manning camp have suggested a decision would come by Tuesday, Manning hasn’t stated that himself to teams, sources said, and teams are waiting patiently to hear back from him following his workouts…

Manning hasn’t entered into contract negotiations with the final teams, sources said, and officials with those teams figure that Manning, if and when he chooses where he wants to play, will directly contact the team to let them know he wants to proceed, and then the expectation is Condon will take over negotiations.

“There is a very small circle involved in this,” said one source with knowledge of the situation. “It may really just be Peyton, his father and his wife.”

Manning has told teams he expects to be able to participate in organized team activities this spring, and, with six months or so before the season starts, his health is becoming less and less of a concern.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/18/mann...agent-process/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #4970
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
While some in the Manning camp have suggested a decision would come by Tuesday, Manning hasn’t stated that himself to teams, sources said, and teams are waiting patiently to hear back from him following his workouts…

Manning hasn’t entered into contract negotiations with the final teams, sources said, and officials with those teams figure that Manning, if and when he chooses where he wants to play, will directly contact the team to let them know he wants to proceed, and then the expectation is Condon will take over negotiations.

“There is a very small circle involved in this,” said one source with knowledge of the situation. “It may really just be Peyton, his father and his wife.”

Manning has told teams he expects to be able to participate in organized team activities this spring, and, with six months or so before the season starts, his health is becoming less and less of a concern.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/18/mann...agent-process/
Dear Teams,
Hope to get back to you between tomorrow and this spring.

K thnx bye.

Hugs and Kisses

Peyton.

Dear Peyton,

Do you still want to go out with us.

____ check here for yes. _______ check here for no.

We won't sign anybody until we hear back from you.

XOXOXO

Johnny.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #4971
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Peytons waiting to April first to announce his signing then he will pull off the biggest april fools prank by saying hes deciding to retire instead.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #4972
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

post of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Dear Teams,
Hope to get back to you between tomorrow and this spring.

K thnx bye.

Hugs and Kisses

Peyton.

Dear Peyton,

Do you still want to go out with us.

____ check here for yes. _______ check here for no.

We won't sign anybody until we hear back from you.

XOXOXO

Johnny.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #4973
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Peyton @ PManning: None of the teams in the running for my perfection have the right colors. First team to change colors for me, wins.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #4974
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Peyton @ PManning: None of the teams in the running for my perfection have the right colors. First team to change colors for me, wins.
Maybe Adams, Bowlen and York should just create a cootie catcher with each team's name on it. Bring Manning in and tell him to pick a number.

The entire process is getting annoying. It's not like Manning is 26, healthy and picking a city to live in for 10 years. He'll play for 2 or 3 years tops. It's not like his wife doesn't have enough cash to fly back and forth between whatever city he signs with and wherever she wants to go.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #4975
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Maybe Adams, Bowlen and York should just create a cootie catcher with each team's name on it. Bring Manning in and tell him to pick a number.

The entire process is getting annoying. It's not like Manning is 26, healthy and picking a city to live in for 10 years. He'll play for 2 or 3 years tops. It's not like his wife doesn't have enough cash to fly back and forth between whatever city he signs with and wherever she wants to go.
cootie catcher. Haven't heard that term since 6th grade
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote