The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #4951
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,913

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I wanna believe but man................ I just can't
I know... dude is a douche... specially when he tweeted an hour before that he was going to make the haters stay up late at night.

Quote:
Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob

Reply
Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Gonna make these #Haters stay up tonight.. Ready Haaaa Haaaa
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #4952
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Can we burn this thread when Manning signs with some other team this week?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #4953
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I know... dude is a douche... specially when he tweeted an hour before that he was going to make the haters stay up late at night.
Exactly. He's just tryin to stir turds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #4954
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,350
Default

Wouldn't that be F'd up if someone hacked John Elway's twitter saying Broncos signed Manning tomorrow.

what a tease that would be.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #4955
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Take it for what it's worth but here is a tidbit from Les Shapiro

Quote:
Told by some1 in Broncos inner circle, PM skittish about Den weather. He's 36, and all career a dome was home. So was the balmy AFC South.
59 minutes ago
https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/statu...18493165281281

Someone asked if that is a deal breaker he said:

Quote:
@dnel0780 Don't think so. But that's just a guess. Same source: PM loves Elway. Believes they're close to being SB contenders.
#broncos
https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/statu...21218535936002
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #4956
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

If he loved Denver last week, there's no reason for him not to love them again.

It's like buying a car (go with me on this) - you fall in love with the Honda. You've driven it, the money is great, all the extras are awesome. It's a done deal. Then someone from the VW dealership comes in, shows you something flashy. something with some nice incentives. So you take the time to drive it and hey! It's not that bad. Duly noted. And then - BAM! - here comes that sweet Dodge Charger, $5000 off MSRP, totally souped up, sales guy found you on the sly, only offering YOU this awesome deal because he likes you. You take that for a spin and think 'hey, I could totally snag some quality poon in this thing'. But when you sit down to decide you, as a business person and a reasonably-minded adult, come to realize that your gut and your first instincts have never failed you before and they're likely the right decision at this point.

So yeah - Denver.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #4957
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,475

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Take it for what it's worth but here is a tidbit from Les Shapiro


https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/statu...18493165281281

Someone asked if that is a deal breaker he said:



https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/statu...21218535936002
WTF?!?! It is such a misconception that Denver weather is BAD. Over 300 days of sun per year, so I hear. Actually a very dry climate.

It's just when there is a storm....it can be a whopper.

**** these dopes that think the weather is "bad". He'll get a lot more precipitation in Tennessee or Miami.

Do your research, Peyton!
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #4958
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Nashville Examiner reports Broncos are out.

http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-ti...-manning-chase
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #4959
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Nashville Examiner reports Broncos are out.

http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-ti...-manning-chase
Ruh roh
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #4960
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,867

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Nashville Examiner reports Broncos are out.

http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-ti...-manning-chase
I cry B.S.

"According to league, and other sources the Denver Broncos, once thought to be the leading candidate has been eliminated, leaving the San Francisco 49ers to wait with the new favorite Tennessee Titans.

Multiple people familiar with the situation believe that the Titans, while not as close to championship contention as the 49ers, who lost the NFC Championship game last season to the eventual champion New York Giants are a better fit for Manning.

“San Francisco has all the pieces to win a Super Bowl, and Manning puts them over the top,” said a league source speaking on the condition of anonymity. “But team aside, Tennessee is the better fit overall, and I believe that’s where he ends up.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Multiple reports say Titans are leaders in Manning chase - Nashville Tennessee Titans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-titans-in-nashville/multiple-reports-say-titans-are-leaders-manning-chase#ixzz1pZUXv2OB"

Arias cites no one in specific, and all he says is that multiple people say Tennessee would be a better fit.

I swear, the media is just turning their wheels spouting nothing substantial at all!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #4961
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Nashville Examiner reports Broncos are out.

http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-ti...-manning-chase
Manning needs to really love Elway and the Broncos to break the bank to sign.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #4962
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
I cry B.S.

"According to league, and other sources the Denver Broncos, once thought to be the leading candidate has been eliminated, leaving the San Francisco 49ers to wait with the new favorite Tennessee Titans.

Multiple people familiar with the situation believe that the Titans, while not as close to championship contention as the 49ers, who lost the NFC Championship game last season to the eventual champion New York Giants are a better fit for Manning.

“San Francisco has all the pieces to win a Super Bowl, and Manning puts them over the top,” said a league source speaking on the condition of anonymity. “But team aside, Tennessee is the better fit overall, and I believe that’s where he ends up.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Multiple reports say Titans are leaders in Manning chase - Nashville Tennessee Titans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-titans-in-nashville/multiple-reports-say-titans-are-leaders-manning-chase#ixzz1pZUXv2OB"

Arias cites no one in specific, and all he says is that multiple people say Tennessee would be a better fit.

I swear, the media is just turning their wheels spouting nothing substantial at all!
Little late in the game to be crying foul over 'league' sources

Could be BS in the end. But it's just as possible as anything that's been debated the last 2 weeks in the OM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #4963
rideco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Meh. Until I see a tweet from @AdamSchefter or @mortreport I am not paying any attention to the media rumors. No one but Peyton and maybe some of his family knows where he wants to go.
rideco
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #4964
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,358
Default

A few interesting tidbits here:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-3-19-12

According to Mike Klis, the team has not heard from Peyton Manning since Friday's van chase and workout. Klis says Tim Tebow will be Denver's starting QB, potentially backed up by Josh Johnson or Dennis Dixon, if Manning chooses to sign elsewhere. Jeff Legwold says the Broncos are fine with waiting for Peyton to make his decision (not that they have a choice).
...
Peter King also thinks Hasselbeck could go to San Francisco, but he doesn't want to guess where Manning is going, because he says it's true that nobody really knows. Apparently King hasn't spoken to any Denver fans, because he thinks he's the only person who would vouch for the Broncos keeping Tebow if they sign Manning, and he says he wouldn't give up Timmy for anything less than a third-rounder if he were them. PK acknowledges Denver was the prohibitive favorite to sign Peyton a week ago, but he doesn't see it as a bad thing for them that the QB hasn't yet announced a decision.

King calls this a factoid, but in Broncosland it reads like something much bigger:
How much did Brady Quinn want out of the Denver quarterback-go-round? So much, I hear, that he turned down an offer of $2 million from the Broncos and accepted a one-year, $1.5-million deal in Kansas City.
Score it Tebowmania 3, Kyle Orton 0, Matt Flynn 0, Brady Quinn 0. Who's next?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #4965
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Manning needs to really love Elway and the Broncos to break the bank to sign.
Yeah, sometimes to land the girl, you've got to show you'll move on with your life without them. TEN and SF did that. We acted like the girl who was going to crawl into a hole and die if Peypey didn't pick us.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #4966
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Little late in the game to be crying foul over 'league' sources

Could be BS in the end. But it's just as possible as anything that's been debated the last 2 weeks in the OM.
True, and I hope people will remember this Manning stuff in regards to future "sources" claims by reporters and not just stories in sports. How much of what they "report" is even from an actual source or something they just made up and cover with "unnamed source?" Journalism is about getting attention, if the truth happens to be included, even better, but not as important.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #4967
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, sometimes to land the girl, you've got to show you'll move on with your life without them. TEN and SF did that. We acted like the girl who was going to crawl into a hole and die if Peypey didn't pick us.
You mean signing Mike Adams and Joe Mays didn't excite Manning?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #4968
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Bud Adams says he doesn't expect to land Manning and thinks 49ers will, 49ers think Denver will and Denver thinks Tennessee will. Vicious circles.

I still think he won't be a Bronco and will choose winning with San Francisco vs quality of life with Tennessee.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #4969
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

No one knows. Chris Mortensen would have an early advantage due to his connections with CAA. Aside from that, we're all in the dark and everyone is guessing, including this hillbilly from the Tennessee paper.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #4970
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,759
Default

They haven't mentioned anything about this on Sirius NFL Radio.....I call BS for now.
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #4971
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 6,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

He will not be playing for Denver.I am not sure what advantage he has by playing here.
If i am in his place, i will either chose SF(he will have better chance winning SB in couple of years) or TEN(for money, wife's preference).
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #4972
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,358
Default

Peyton Manning would like to apologize to everyone for taking over 12 days to make a major career and life decision. Manning realizes that what is important is not his own fulfillment, or his employer's goals, but the strained patience of fans/Twitterati. Manning also realizes that multi-million $ decisions are best made hastily and apologizes deeply for being so old fashioned.

He also apologizes for being in such great demand, and knows it is his fault we find all of these suitors and coverage so annoying. Manning also "gets" the comparison to Favre, even though he has never feigned retirement, and this is March, not July. But they are both QBs. In short, Manning is really, really sorry for taxing our attention spans and forcing us to obsesses ceaselessly over his decision.


https://twitter.com/#!/FO_MTanier/st...43260325249025
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #4973
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Peyton Manning would like to apologize to everyone for taking over 12 days to make a major career and life decision. Manning realizes that what is important is not his own fulfillment, or his employer's goals, but the strained patience of fans/Twitterati. Manning also realizes that multi-million $ decisions are best made hastily and apologizes deeply for being so old fashioned.

He also apologizes for being in such great demand, and knows it is his fault we find all of these suitors and coverage so annoying. Manning also "gets" the comparison to Favre, even though he has never feigned retirement, and this is March, not July. But they are both QBs. In short, Manning is really, really sorry for taxing our attention spans and forcing us to obsesses ceaselessly over his decision.


https://twitter.com/#!/FO_MTanier/st...43260325249025
I'd rather this **** happened in July. At least we would've spent FA trying to build a team instead of waxing PM's knob. Not that that's PM's fault so much as Larry Moe and Curly's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #4974
ayjackson
Pro Bowler
 
Not so new to the forum

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
At least we would've spent FA trying to build a team instead of waxing PM's knob.
There's no evidence of that.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #4975
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjackson View Post
There's no evidence of that.
Well you might have me there.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Denver Broncos