The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #226
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

**** clock is ticking, SoCal.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #227
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
This thread is entirely about a dog and pony show without any dogs or ponies.
You can make that case. Maybe discontinuing posting until some real facts come about would be a better option for you.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #228
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'd like to go on the record as saying that my interest in Broncos football has taken a nosedive after seeing this. John Elway used to be the reason I watched the Broncos...now he's the reason I won't watch them. It's not just the fact that we are likely to lose Tebow (who was the heart and sould of our team last season), but also we can't close the deal on Manning either. Complete ineptitude. And here's a pre-emptive **** you to everyone who throws shlt may way...it's my choice to take my ball and go home. So long, b****es.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #229
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock.

So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #230
kane0730
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Good. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
kane0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #231
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
I would have done the same thing if I was in Tebows position. This organization is a JOKE. We signed ONE guy and I can't even think of his pathetic name, we wen't ALL IN for Manning after Tebow completely helped turn this team around last season. They haven't stood behind him once. They have been so focused on Manning that we are going to lose out on all other FA's. I'm not a big Tebow fanboy but he deserves a shot to be starter this next season.
Not all directed at you, but directed at those who are upset we are not signing everyone and their mother...

You wanted to see this team build through the draft and that is exactly what EFX are doing.

You can't throw a b**** fit when we are not very active in Free Agency.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #232
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Not all directed at you, but directed at those who are upset we are not signing everyone and their mother...

You wanted to see this team build through the draft and that is exactly what EFX are doing.

we arent throwing a b**** fit that they didnt sign everyone. they didnt sign ANYONE, on a team full of holes and a bunch of moderately priced, higher level guys like eric winston, broderick bunkley etc. they didnt sign anyone, nor even seem to attempt to.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #233
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

****!!! the 49ers just signed Manningham... they are loading up for Peyton. See... that's a smart franchise.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #234
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Like I also stated before though, if Manning does not sign, Tebow traded, the Broncos trade down and take Cousins in the 2nd round and hope he is another Andy Dalton. Not saying I agree with this, but that seems realistic and what they would do.
This. Cousins can ball.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #235
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
I'd like to go on the record as saying that my interest in Broncos football has taken a nosedive after seeing this. John Elway used to be the reason I watched the Broncos...now he's the reason I won't watch them. It's not just the fact that we are likely to lose Tebow (who was the heart and sould of our team last season), but also we can't close the deal on Manning either. Complete ineptitude. And here's a pre-emptive **** you to everyone who throws shlt may way...it's my choice to take my ball and go home. So long, b****es.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #236
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
we arent throwing a b**** fit that they didnt sign everyone. they didnt sign ANYONE, on a team full of holes and a bunch of moderately priced, higher level guys like eric winston, broderick bunkley etc. they didnt sign anyone, nor even seem to attempt to.
Did the Mike Adams deal fall through?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #237
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

I will say it again if this happens Tim's a b****.

GET OVER IT TEBOW YOUR A TOP 25-30 QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW AND PEYTON IS A HOF QB

move on take it as motivation and work harder. Why want out when your loved in the city of Denver, your teammates respect you, you can't be butthurt by what the front office does they have the job of trying to make the team better. They need back up plans in case the Tebow experiment fizzles out in a pro style offense. OH YEAH AND GOOD LUCK STARTING FOR SOME OTHER TEAM.

It will be the same situation every where he goes.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #238
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Jay handled it fine...except that I was disappointed that he wasn't even more a dick to them.
Hypocrisy. On one hand, you are condemning the front office for not communicating well enough with Tebow. On the other, you are saying Cutler handled his situation well by refusing to field calls from an organization that employs him and paid him millions of dollars.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #239
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock.

So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

This.Is.Awesome
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #240
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
**** clock is ticking, SoCal.
Yeah it is. EFX may be laughing now, but they'll be responsible for what they put together with their own guy. If they win, great...if not they'll be nowhere else to turn and no one else to blame. If it doesn't work....they'll get theirs.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #241
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
cute. i bet you have a picture for every such occasion, don't you?
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #242
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

"You got a pool over there?"

"Yeah, we got a pool, a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you"
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #243
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Unless they show me they're serious about improving the team, I'll prolly have to pass on calling up Direct TV and hassling them for discounts on Sunday Ticket. We haven't filled one need!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #244
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
****!!! the 49ers just signed Manningham... they are loading up for Peyton. See... that's a smart franchise.
How could they possibly have enough cap space after signing mannignham?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #245
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Tebow is going to be a back-up wherever he goes. No team is in a hurry to start Tim Tebow. However, whatever team is stupid enough (I said it) to trade for him will find themselves the target of a Tebow Nation who will demand loudly that they are idiots for not promising him the Sun, Moon, and Stars the minute he walked into the building. I like Tebow, but his nation of fans is why I will not miss him when he's gone. They are irrational, unpleasant, and a negative weight on whatever franchise is carrying them.
Look for the best in people. Your common sense and experience tells you that the internet reveals the extremes in every case, whether the issue is politics, religion, or something else. Unless you've had a large number of unpleasant encounters in person, I don't see any reason to think the worst of Tebow's fans as a whole.

The one thing they have uniting them is that something about Tebow inspires them and brings them joy. And based on everything Tebow exudes, that's not a bad thing.

I know a lot of Tebow fans. And the vast, vast majority of them have been very realistic about him for a long time. We didn't expect him to be picked in the first round. We didn't expect him to get a chance right away. And we tend to expect him to be constantly micro-examined.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #246
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post

Dude. I'd be happy as **** if they took what they were already going to pay the "Free Agent" Manning and committed it to just filling our holes with middle of the road players. Problem with free agency is you also LOSE people through it, and you can't replace everyone with 7 ****ing draft picks. Even assuming all your draft picks are ready to suit up and play on day 1.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #247
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And just how do you know or Tebow for that matter, that if they don't get Manning, they will not try to get someone else to take the job before TC? You seem to think this is just about competition, but it really isn't. This is about an organization not believing in a QB and you somehow act surprised that he would be upset about that. Yeah, I bet you would love people you trusted not believing in you. Get real.
Of course they will try to get somebody else to take the job, that is their job. Peyton is their only veteran target watch, sure they will bring in a rookie. They can't hand the job to Timmy and not have a back up plan. That would be wreckless. Tebow is going to be in a pro style offense this year we don't even know if he can execute in it yet.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #248
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There has always been rumours of PB and JE and their happy hours but surely to god after Josh's mess....surely

My god we only have 37 players signed!
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #249
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Hypocrisy. On one hand, you are condemning the front office for not communicating well enough with Tebow. On the other, you are saying Cutler handled his situation well by refusing to field calls from an organization that employs him and paid him millions of dollars.
Why would you field calls from people trying to assasinate your character by spreading **** in the paper to win the PR war? I'm glad he didn't talk to them. **** them.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #250
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
cute. i bet you have a picture for every such occasion, don't you?
suck on this one you crybaby