The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #201
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Attached Images

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #202
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
Worst offseason ever if we don't sign Manning cause we actually come out far worse than we started. No significant signings and piss off our starting QB with no prospect of getting an upgrade:replacement. Better hope PM signs.
Elway put all his eggs in Manning's basket. That's breaking rule #1 in the risk management department.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #203
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
True colors?

He's been ****ing lied too...repeatedly and he's been completely disrespected over and over. They shouldn't have lied to him in the beginning. BTW, he hasnt blasted the team publicly so I'm ont sure what you are upset about. He's obviously not wanted, thats clear. Why would someone want to be where they are obviously not wanted?

Would you?

You're doing exactly what the team wants. They want you to forget about all the moral blame on their hands and just line up behind them. Don't be weak minded. Bowlen is sitting back and laughing at responses like yours he's saying "exxxcellent" in a Mr. Burns style voice, you are jsut the pawn that they LOVE. You'll put in money and stand in line no matter what. You are a useful pawn for the team. Open your eyes.
Let me start off by saying I said "If this were true"

Its a business hes a 3rd year QB, he succeeded in a option based run first offense. Of course he hasn't come out publicly. We had a great season with him as a team, but he still has to prove he can run a pro style offense. Not every year is Peyton Manning a FA, get over it Tim same thing is happening to Alex Smith and Jake Locker as well. Just because we are scouting QBs in the 2nd-3rd round means were nervous about Tim not that we want to get rid of him.

You are really letting your hatred for Bowlen blind you. Come on man these are some conspiracy theories. This is the same crap Skip Base-less is spewing. All I hear about Tebow is that hes thick skinned so if what Taco is actually saying that changes my mind about him being thick skinned. Its Peyton Manning, if we dont get him Tebow is the starter going into camp. If we get him he should just keep his mouth shut and learn behind Peyton because its going to help him in his career.

If the rumor is true that Tebow is going to ask out of the Broncos even if we don't get Manning, that really speaks a lot to his true character especially if he does it behind the scenes through his camp. Tebow has always let his camp run his career. Who knows if this was his idea or his brother's idea or his greedy sports agency.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #204
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
seriously what a lame comeback...
About as lame as everyone flipping out about something that tebow hasn't even said yet?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #205
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #206
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Next pet rock.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #207
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Without Tim Tebow last season, the Denver Broncos would have been less relevent than the Rams or Colts. With "Denver's best chance to win" QB, we would have won 2 freekin game.

If this is true, Elway as VP = epic failure.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #208
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
My business does alright. I choose not to overreact to everythiing with a "sky is falling attitude" . right now Manning hasn't decided and Tebow hasn't said anything publicly. so I'm going to reserve my judgement
That's different.

We are discussing the what ifs if the report is accurate. You response in the post I quoted implied Tebow should man up. I say that he gave 110% commitment to the Broncos and won beyond any reasonable expectation and got played of his efforts = bad management practices.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #209
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

if tebow gets traded then takes his next team to the playoffs...damn

there is a lot of parallels between now and cutler situation, i will admit. i imagine tim will handle this like a big boy however, time will tell.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #210
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Tim never had a future in Denver after McDaniels got the boot. Let's hope we get a King's Ransom from the Jagwads for him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #211
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
About as lame as everyone flipping out about something that tebow hasn't even said yet?
Silence please... The village idiot is speaking.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #212
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Wow! I'm smelling the aroma of Cutler drama all over again.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #213
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Without Tim Tebow last season, the Denver Broncos would have been less relevent than the Rams or Colts. With "Denver's best chance to win" QB, we would have won 2 freekin game.

If this is true, Elway as VP = epic failure.
It took you a few years but I'm glad you are seeing the light finally.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #214
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

well i was told when Cutler got pissed and wanted to be dealt that this is the NFL and he needed to stop being a little crybaby. so i would think the same would be true of Tebow, every team that didn't have a true franchise QB went after Manning.
the Titans drafted Jake Locker as their QB of the future and signed Hasselbeck to a nice sized deal last year, the 49ers were really good with Alex Smith at the helm and the Texans have a nice QB in Matt Schaub.

if they can chase him and their QB's can potentially get over it then so can Tebow. not calling him a crybaby, but if it was true that Cutler needed to shut up and get over it then so must Tebow.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #215
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
agree with that... but that's the mane (and any team with a good fan base), full of drama queens.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #216
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Silence please... The village idiot is speaking.
I assume you are related to jhns.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #217
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post

there is a lot of parallels between now and cutler situation, i will admit. i imagine tim will handle this like a big boy however, time will tell.
The other big difference is winning playoff games.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #218
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Wow! I'm smelling the aroma of Cutler drama all over again.
That's what they asked for Roh...and that's what they're going to ****ing get.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #219
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Cutler had diabetes and a drinking problem so him being shipped out was fine.

If we ship out Tebow, God may never let us win again.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #220
Slightly Soiled
Angling for VP.

Mitt watch this!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gerald Willhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
In truth EFX get what they want here.

If Tebow asks to go they'll make it out like it's his choice and they aren't the villains here. They did what they could to better the team by pursuing Manning.

In the end they get rid of the guy they didn't want and Tennessee saves Bowlen $50m plus in the process.

Everyone's a winner, well in Denver's Front Office that is.

Meanwhile we're stuck here with no QB and no upgrades on the roster, infact we still dont have a DT.

Same old ****, different season, we should be used to it by now.
They can take the passive aggressive route if they would like. But this front office has used Tebow as a starter in it's marketing for season tickets for the last two years. So it is going to be hard to explain that mess to ticket holders without a reasonable alternative.
Slightly Soiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #221
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Let me start off by saying I said "If this were true"

Its a business hes a 3rd year QB, he succeeded in a option based run first offense. Of course he hasn't come out publicly. We had a great season with him as a team, but he still has to prove he can run a pro style offense. Not every year is Peyton Manning a FA, get over it Tim same thing is happening to Alex Smith and Jake Locker as well. Just because we are scouting QBs in the 2nd-3rd round means were nervous about Tim not that we want to get rid of him.

You are really letting your hatred for Bowlen blind you. Come on man these are some conspiracy theories. This is the same crap Skip Base-less is spewing. All I hear about Tebow is that hes thick skinned so if what Taco is actually saying that changes my mind about him being thick skinned. Its Peyton Manning, if we dont get him Tebow is the starter going into camp. If we get him he should just keep his mouth shut and learn behind Peyton because its going to help him in his career.

If the rumor is true that Tebow is going to ask out of the Broncos even if we don't get Manning, that really speaks a lot to his true character especially if he does it behind the scenes through his camp. Tebow has always let his camp run his career. Who knows if this was his idea or his brother's idea or his greedy sports agency.
And just how do you know or Tebow for that matter, that if they don't get Manning, they will not try to get someone else to take the job before TC? You seem to think this is just about competition, but it really isn't. This is about an organization not believing in a QB and you somehow act surprised that he would be upset about that. Yeah, I bet you would love people you trusted not believing in you. Get real.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #222
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
They better hope they get their guy, cause they are about to get into a full scale ****storm if they don't. There's going to be a lot of people pissed at EFX and its not going to matter who did what in their former occupation. All I care about are results. I don't give a **** if you are John Elway or Clayton Wendler. It's all the same to me. If you **** it up, you're ****ing head comes off. I'm sick and ****ing tired of this **** every summer. We go out of our way to **** things up. I really ****ing hate this incompetent **** every single time. Enough is enough. If you take a risk, you better succeed or you get ****ing ****canned. ****canned.
You need a hug?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #223
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
every team that didn't have a true franchise QB went after Manning.
umm... no.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #224
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post

Jay handled it fine...except that I was disappointed that he wasn't even more a dick to them.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #225
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Cutler had diabetes and a drinking problem so him being shipped out was fine.

If we ship out Tebow, God may never let us win again.
yup... no longer God Country..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote