The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #101
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Pac-12 QB draft pick incoming in 3....2....1
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #102
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I bet the Browns would love Tim Tebow.
I don't want that type of karma!!!

What if he turns it around... lifts that franchise from the mud and sticks it to us like Elway did the Brown in the heyday!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #103
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Tebow is going to be a back-up wherever he goes. No team is in a hurry to start Tim Tebow. However, whatever team is stupid enough (I said it) to trade for him will find themselves the target of a Tebow Nation who will demand loudly that they are idiots for not promising him the Sun, Moon, and Stars the minute he walked into the building. I like Tebow, but his nation of fans is why I will not miss him when he's gone. They are irrational, unpleasant, and a negative weight on whatever franchise is carrying them.
No good team will start him, but I disagree about the fans. This Tebow Nation stuff is a myth. If Tebow got traded to the Pats or some team with an established OB, there would not be massive cries for Tebow to start over them or pressure on their FO to start him. If he was traded to a bad team or one with no QB, then yeah, they would want him to start and I wouldn't blame them.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #104
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
I'm telling you right now.. if in reality really happens and Manning doesn't come to Denver, Elway has ruined his legacy in the eyes of most fans, I think if they haven't reached out to Tebow to explain what is going on with regards to Manning, I get Tebows frustration... Denver better up their offer to 30 mill per year!
ha ha .....so, in your FIRST year as exec. VP of the Broncos, you hire a good coach in John Fox (this team needs defense? good choice, John) who takes a team to the playoffs and wins a playoff game AGAINST THE DEFENDING AFC CHAMPS with a QB that many thought COULDN'T PLAY THE POSITION PROFESSIONALLY. Wow.

THEN you get your team in the Peyton sweepstakes (because, remember, MANY FANS STILL DON'T THINK YOUR STARTING QB CAN PLAY THE POSITION) primarily because of your experience being a HOF QB that retired exactly when he should have, and has a world of credit among ANY QB, anywhere.

Seriously, how is Denver even IN the sweepstakes? And they have NOTHING to lose. Every other team in the Manning chase has things to lose, yet Denver doesn't.....except hurting Tim's feelings? Really? Hurting Timmy is the reason NOT to chase a HOF QB that might have a few years in the tank? Wow.

All respect to TJ, but nobody is privy to Tebows ideas about anything, except for his faith...because he, like a lot of christians do, wears that on his sleeve. I bet you could not get a quote from Tebow on ANYTHING related to Manning.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #105
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Hey the Drunken Broncoholic agrees with the Gutless Drunk... Big surprise.
We got a cold glass of O'douls for you. Or a virgin Cosmo. Whichever you prefer.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #106
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I was contacted tonight by a source who I used to talk to regularly, but haven't heard from in awhile. He's a guy who had given me some good information in the past, and I fully trust the information he's relayed to me tonight.

To cut straight to the point, he's told me that information he's received today says that regardless of how this Manning situation turns out, Tebow will be asking for a trade once the dust clears and Manning has made a decision. He's not asking to go to a specific team, and he does not require a starting role. The source says that he's disappointed that the Broncos are not showing any confidence in him, and he's being advised that he'd be better off in another organization.

The source says Tebow is currently being tight-lipped about this - he's wanted to go public but his advisors have told him to wait until the smoke clears on the Manning situation.

Story is clearly developing...
Everything going according to EFX plan. Let's also get ready to wish a warm welcome to Alex Smith.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #107
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
They learned nothing from the Cutler fiasco. This FO is not to be trusted and has, exactly as you say, needlessly run this club aground and for what?
They better hope they get their guy, cause they are about to get into a full scale ****storm if they don't. There's going to be a lot of people pissed at EFX and its not going to matter who did what in their former occupation. All I care about are results. I don't give a **** if you are John Elway or Clayton Wendler. It's all the same to me. If you **** it up, you're ****ing head comes off. I'm sick and ****ing tired of this **** every summer. We go out of our way to **** things up. I really ****ing hate this incompetent **** every single time. Enough is enough. If you take a risk, you better succeed or you get ****ing ****canned. ****canned.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #108
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
We got a cold glass of O'douls for you. Or a virgin Cosmo. Whichever you prefer.
O'Douls Amber is not too bad...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #109
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'm looking forward to regime change.
You've been thumping that drum for a long time.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #110
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Obviously this clears the way for the Jake Delhomme era, one way or another.

hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #111
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

couldn't agree more...

Quote:
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@BradSam16: @dmac1043 What will the Broncos next move be once Manning makes his decision?”cry?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #112
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
They better hope they get their guy, cause they are about to get into a full scale ****storm if they don't. There's going to be a lot of people pissed at EFX and its not going to matter who did what in their former occupation. All I care about are results. I don't give a **** if you are John Elway or Clayton Wendler. It's all the same to me. If you **** it up, you're ****ing head comes off. I'm sick and ****ing tired of this **** every summer. We go out of our way to **** things up. I really ****ing hate this incompetent **** every single time. Enough is enough. If you take a risk, you better succeed or you get ****ing ****canned. ****canned.

If you have a team that engages in strange behavior, yet have different GM's or HC's, you must consider the one factor that has remained unchanged.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #113
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I'm looking forward to regime change.
I'd rather Bowlen just sold up. 8 year downward spiral which results in a broke franchise with no real leadership. He may well be one of the most respected GM's in the league amongst professionals but most of the fanbase see how much of the plot he's lost in the last few years and in any given business they're the only ones that matter.

EFX are an embarrasment and got real lucky last year with a gimme divisional title and a flukey playoff win.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #114
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
In my opinion, the Broncos will put him on the first train out of Denver as soon as his agents get half way through the sentence.

"My client requests a -"

"Here is a bus ticket - enjoy Cleveland!" (or wherever)

you are ****in nuts too......................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #115
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You've been thumping that drum for a long time.
And I will continue thumping it until we get a decent leadership team....and a decent owner.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #116
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I've said from the beginning I would be ok with peanut head at QB if Tebow was retained. I think Tebow has abright future. To lose out on both...as a fan I'm not too happy about that.

Its the same as it ever was, and the **** is getting old.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #117
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
If you have a team that engages in strange behavior, yet have different GM's or HC's, you must consider the one factor that has remained unchanged.

Yeah...the old man. Get rid of him.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #118
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
So you find out hat a top 5 qb of all time becomes available, you pursue him and he says no, im going to play at home for the last few years of my career. You deserve to be crucified? I guess we should have sat on our hands and not even asked at all.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #119
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Bunch of damn ungrateful jerks
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #120
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

DAD-BONER AKA KARL WELZEIN FOR BRONCOS QB IN 2012
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #121
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
I love how pissed you are right now. I feel similarly, though I don't hate Bowlen as much as you... it may be time for him to sell the team if the next two seasons go how I think they're going to go.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #122
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
So you find out hat a top 5 qb of all time becomes available, you pursue him and he says no, im going to play at home for the last few years of my career. You deserve to be crucified? I guess we should have sat on our hands and not even asked at all.

Thankfully EFX has other solid to big named free agents to point to so far this offseason, right?

...wait, what?

Old 03-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #123
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
I've said from the beginning I would be ok with peanut head at QB if Tebow was retained. I think Tebow has abright future. To lose out on both...as a fan I'm not too happy about that.

Its the same as it ever was, and the **** is getting old.

you said it
Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #124
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Here's what makes me skeptical about this. Tebow doesn't care about a starting role? I doubt that is true, and his chances are far greater in Denver than anywhere else.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #125
Slightly Soiled
Angling for VP.

Mitt watch this!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gerald Willhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I love what Tebow brings to the current day NFL. Rather we sign Manning or not if he is traded I will follow him (and his new team) closely, maybe even more closely that the Broncos whom have become a disappointment for me and I stuck with them through some mighty lean years. Difference is even when they sucked they were fun to watch. Not proud of the current Bronco organization. I see them floundering for quite some time going forward.
This x10. Football is a business I get that but turning over this franchise to the guy that made us a laughingstock in the playoffs for years is one thing(anything for a championship right). But to not be able to get the deal done for Manning AND destroying the relationship with the one QB that has made this team relevant since those ass kickings given by Manning is BAD Business .

And hoping some second rounder might be the next Andy Dalton ain't gonna get it done.
Slightly Soiled is offline   Reply With Quote