The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #51
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Good job, EFX.

Tebow is not an EFX guy. He does not fit.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #52
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I was contacted tonight by a source who I used to talk to regularly, but haven't heard from in awhile. He's a guy who had given me some good information in the past, and I fully trust the information he's relayed to me tonight.

To cut straight to the point, he's told me that information he's received today says that regardless of how this Manning situation turns out, Tebow will be asking for a trade once the dust clears and Manning has made a decision. He's not asking to go to a specific team, and he does not require a starting role. The source says that he's disappointed that the Broncos are not showing any confidence in him, and he's being advised that he'd be better off in another organization.

The source says Tebow is currently being tight-lipped about this - he's wanted to go public but his advisors have told him to wait until the smoke clears on the Manning situation.

Story is clearly developing...
With the new CBA, his current contract, and a image to uphold, I can't even fathom how he would pull that off. Unless, the front office wants him out.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #53
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
I'm telling you right now.. if in reality really happens and Manning doesn't come to Denver, Elway has ruined his legacy in the eyes of most fans, I think if they haven't reached out to Tebow to explain what is going on with regards to Manning, I get Tebows frustration... Denver better up their offer to 30 mill per year!
But since they did not reach out to Tebow, at least that is what it seems, wouldn't that be more proof they do not really care about Tebow and being around long term?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #54
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Elway gets what he wants. Moves on from Tebow and the circus that comes with him wether we get Manning or not
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #55
Drunken.Broncoholic

Alex smith? I'd rather have mallet. Mcnown. Leaf. Russell. Young. Weurfel.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #56
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Like when he cried last season when Orton was the starter?
Didn't everyone cry? Watching Orton was like a trip to the dentist office or hanging out with your mother in law at the mall...
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #57
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Tebow is not an EFX guy. He does not fit.

Most of the roster is not EFX guys. Better alienate and ship them out, too.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #58
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

“My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true,” Tebow said. “Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away. . .”

Tebow said that after Orton was named the starting QB.

Why is anyone surprised that he wants to be traded?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #59
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Didn't everyone cry? Watching Orton was like a trip to the dentist office or hanging out with your mother in law at the mall...
“My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true,” Tebow said. “Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away. . .”
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #60
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Whose side are you on this time Cutlers or McDs? Oh my bad Tebows or Foxs?

I love what Tebow brings to the current day NFL. Rather we sign Manning or not if he is traded I will follow him (and his new team) closely, maybe even more closely that the Broncos whom have become a disappointment for me and I stuck with them through some mighty lean years. Difference is even when they sucked they were fun to watch. Not proud of the current Bronco organization. I see them floundering for quite some time going forward.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #61
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hmmm looks like even our media is starting to get the idea that we are no longer favorite...

Quote:
T @GRowe_fighthype: @MikeKlis Broncos still favorite for manning?>No. Gotta chance. No longer favorite.
Quote:
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@hofstetter303: @dmac1043 please tell me this PM crap will be resolved by Monday!! Tired of this nonsense.”IMO he's a Titan monday
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #62
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

That's crying?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #63
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

I like Tebow as a human being. I wish him the best of luck in Jacksonville.

Just remember Tim: duck & weave. Then repeat.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #64
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I'm sensing a bridling on your part over criticism of Elway.

So what happens when Manning says no, Tebow gets traded and we draft Weeden? What happens next offseason when the next walking wet dream of Elway's is available?

What is the excuse for not building or filling holes on defense while we wait for mellonhead to make a damn decision? 3 FA's visit on friday and Fox, Elway and Xanders run off to NC and leave the FA's to meet with our D-coordinator.

Bang up way to run a franchise, huh.

I think that the franchise that Elway inherited was infected by the disease that Josh installed into it. Josh was given a franchise record (at the time) amount of draft picks and cap room to work with, and he dismantled the team and started to build a team around his melding of ideas between Urban Meyer and Belichick. I dont' know if the idea would have ever worked, but what I do know is that he was a terrible leader and didn't have much to show for what he was left with. I think Elway has managed the situation as best he could given what the situation is. I have a hard time believing that any other GM would have done any better job at this point.

Of course, I'm not one of the type who believed Elway should have ever promised the sun, moon, and stars to Tebow. I like Tebow, but I appreciate why every GM in this league scratches their head when they look at him. He's a huge risk. And even though he has been winning games, the consistency in his play from down to down just isn't there at this point.

I applaud the Broncos for chasing Peyton Manning - even if we miss out on him. I hope we don't, and I understand the black eye that this will give Elway if Manning snubs us for another team - but this is the kind of aggressive move that I like to see our team make in Free Agency. The risk is well balanced by the reward, IMO. The worst case scenario is that we piss of a quarterback who the front office doesn't necessarily believe in anyway. The best case, we get a GOAT type quarterback to help turn the team around.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #65
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Tebow said that after Orton was named the starting QB.

Why is anyone surprised that he wants to be traded?
I don't know, I stated many times Tebow had to wonder if he could trust this organization again and I was told by some I didn't know how he felt and that he would be happy to play backup to Manning for 3 years or whatever.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #66
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Tebow has almost zero trade value so it really doesn't matter what he wants.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #67
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

BTW I don't blame Tebow one bit for wanting to play for a team that believes in him and doesn't lie to him. He deserves better.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #68
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Jesus you people are retarded. It doesn't matter if tebow is efx guy or not, this is not the way to run a business. Orton fiasco last year this **** this year. Elway is a ****ing idiot. If he posted on this site I hope he puts his family in his avatar.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #69
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
That's crying?

Yes. He was crying that his starting position that he lost was taken away.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #70
garandman
Seasoned Veteran

Your in my sights!

Jesus (no pun intended), did we not see enough of Tebow to give him a shot at developing!! no one can deny he is a playmaker in the clutch, yes his mechanics suck, yes he needs to be more accurate but unless you get Manning, get ready for a half full stadium, Ole Pat will really be pinching pennies then, we just became the old lions ( wasn't that run into the ground by an ex player gm, can't remember his name...)
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #71
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
That's crying?

It is when you stink up a training camp and preseason. That's how he lost his "starting job" whatever that means.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #72
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

I could see why. The broncos havent refuted any of the speculation that he would be traded if we got Manning.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #73
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hmmm looks like even our media is starting to get the idea that we are no longer favorite...

Quote:
T @GRowe_fighthype: @MikeKlis Broncos still favorite for manning?>No. Gotta chance. No longer favorite.
Quote:
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@hofstetter303: @dmac1043 please tell me this PM crap will be resolved by Monday!! Tired of this nonsense.”IMO he's a Titan monday
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #74
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

This is why I said from the very start they were playing with fire...needlessly.

Now, even if they don't get Manning, they'll have to trade Tebow. I don't blame him ONE BIT. He is TOTALLY IN THE RIGHT. 100%. If someone treats you like **** over and over and then actually LIES to you about your role...flat out lies, then yeah, you won't want to be there. I'm not sure whats shocking about that. They lied.

If they don't end up with Manning, they'll be left with absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. Nice work, FO. You better hope your Brokeneck lover rescues you, John, cause its your ****ing ass on the line.

I sure hope the old man didnt think hiring Elway would insulate the organization from criticism when it acts stupidly. If so, you thought wrong. You're back in Spring, 2009 old man. Its going to ****ing hellish for you if you end up without a single QB that wants to be here Tuesday morning. Hellish....

You've been asking for a ****storm EFX and now you're going to ****ing get it.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #75
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I can't imagine the EFX media turd storm moves Manning towards us in any way. I wouldn't trust these idiots to feed my cats.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote