The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #4926
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
The point is a 4th rounder is not likely to be an impact player in any way for at least a while, and that will take some time. Tebow, while inconsistent at best , is an impact guy. Assuming we don't get Manning, there is no reason to trade him for less than a pick that will have his impact. And he COULD develope if they would just put some resources into it. Whether they drafted him or not, they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so they can feel good about themselves, but they aren't helping the team...just their egos.
That is true, but I don't see this team interested in developing Tebow. They think Tebow can not run their offense, so had to water down their apparent complex offense, though one guesses it was no more complex than what McDaniels used. The Broncos think getting Manning is so important that they are waiting for him rather than do anything of substance at this point. But if Manning doesn't sign, hey Tim, you're the man we wanted all along.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #4927
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Man, I would be excited to see Tebow after a couple of years under Brady, Belichick and McDaniels.

Beats learning under Orton, Fox and McCoy, that's for sure.
Difference is belichick would use him in another position. And bring him in near the goal line where Brady isn't good at pushing it in as much.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #4928
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
That is true, but I don't see this team interested in developing Tebow. They think Tebow can not run their offense, so had to water down their apparent complex offense, though one guesses it was no more complex than what McDaniels used. The Broncos think getting Manning is so important that they are waiting for him rather than do anything of substance at this point. But if Manning doesn't sign, hey Tim, you're the man we wanted all along.
If Bellicheck were to even call and ASK about acquiring Tebow they should think twice. Of course they'll blow it off as McDaniels wanting it...but Belli doesn't waste too many picks and he loves fleeceing other teams.
I would think that there must be something he sees, that they are missing, if he calls. In fact if there is even moderate interest by several teams they should think again.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #4929
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If Bellicheck were to even call and ASK about acquiring Tebow they should think twice. Of course they'll blow it off as McDaniels wanting it...but Belli doesn't waste too many picks and he loves fleeceing other teams.
I would think that there must be something he sees, that they are missing, if he calls. In fact if there is even moderate interest by several teams they should think again.
The Pats were reportedly a team that brought Tebow in for an interview leading up to the draft and McDaniels was the Bronco coach at the time, so they had interest at that point at least.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #4930
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is ridicule... people talking about trading Tebow when we haven't bagged Manning yet. Talking about trading Tebow even if we don't get Manning. Look, none... I mean none of the available FA (that includes A.Smith and T.Hasselbeck incase Manning sign with one of their teams) would be a better starter than Tebow. And that's without going into detail of why Elway or Fox would never trade Tebow if they don't land Manning. It would be like putting a noose around their neck. If you cant add 1 + 1 and get to 2... then go back to school.

If we don't land Manning this FA plan would be an utter failure. We stayed idle while other teams picked the FA that could have filled and improved or holes on the roster. There is no way they trade Tebow with this sort of epic fail! They know it would not fly with the fan base... but more importantly... the rest of the players.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #4931
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Dude, chill. EFX obviously know better than the rest of the league. They totally called the DT market last off-season. Coefield, Mebane, Jenkins, etc., all those guys got overpaid. Warren was the real steal of the DT crop.

Insightful bunch of dudes running the show for the Broncos. Got nothing to worry about.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #4932
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
This is ridicule... people talking about trading Tebow when we haven't bagged Manning yet. Talking about trading Tebow even if we don't get Manning. Look, none... I mean none of the available FA (that includes A.Smith and T.Hasselbeck incase Manning sign with one of their teams) would be a better starter than Tebow. And that's without going into detail of why Elway or Fox would never trade Tebow if they don't land Manning. It would be like putting a noose around their neck. If you cant add 1 + 1 and get to 2... then go back to school.

If we don't land Manning this FA plan would be an utter failure. We stayed idle while other teams picked the FA that could have filled and improved or holes on the roster. There is no way they trade Tebow with this sort of epic fail! They know it would not fly with the fan base... but more importantly... the rest of the players.
So the Broncos should go with Tebow, a guy they have done nothing but show they do not believe in? This is a recipe for success? Keeping Tebow would just be until they found someone else and they would be trying and Tebow would know this, so his confidence probably won't be the highest to say the least.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #4933
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Dude, chill. EFX obviously know better than the rest of the league. They totally called the DT market last off-season. Coefield, Mebane, Jenkins, etc., all those guys got overpaid. Warren was the real steal of the DT crop.

Insightful bunch of dudes running the show for the Broncos. Got nothing to worry about.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #4934
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Warren made how much and never played a down? Real good pick up. If warren plays this year and actually stays on the field then it would be a little easier to swallow.

This post only relevant assuming you werent being sarcastic. Ha
Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #4935
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
So the Broncos should go with Tebow, a guy they have done nothing but show they do not believe in? This is a recipe for success? Keeping Tebow would just be until they found someone else and they would be trying and Tebow would know this, so his confidence probably won't be the highest to say the least.
Unless this all Elways "secret plan" to keep Tebow on his toes and trying to get better. They DO believe in him...but only when he is "motivated".

This Manning thing is just a ploy to motivate him.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #4936
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Warren made how much and never played a down? Real good pick up. If warren plays this year and actually stays on the field then it would be a little easier to swallow.

This post only relevant assuming you werent being sarcastic. Ha
Come on. I don't think I could make the sarcasm any more obvious.

Warren made $4M last year. he's scheduled to make another $4M this year. Mebane's contract was for an AAV of $5M, but required about double the guaranteed money. Of course it was for 2.5x the length and Mebane was 26 while Warren was 31, but who's counting, right?

And Jenkins signed a comparable 5 year, $25M deal (so another $5M AAV) with no signing bonus. He got about the same amount of guaranteed money on a 5 year deal as we promised Warren on a 2 year deal.

Bunch of frickin' geniuses running the show in Denver man.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #4937
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Please tell me who!!! Who do they replace Tebow with after winning their 2nd playoff game in more than a decade Go back to your la la land hating ways. You have no reason in your head apparently. I know Tebow is not highly backed by the FO... but if you see the available talent in the FA... the possible rookie QBs that we could target... and I mean none... none... could be argued to start over Tebow. Just not gonna happen this year. Like it or not... Tebow is a Bronco for 2012 if Manning doesn't sign. Book it!!!

Like we are seriously going to trade Tebow and be left with only Weber...
like I said... if you cant add 1 + 1... go back to school.

*The only way Tebow gets traded is if he asks for the trade... yeah I don't see that happening...

Last edited by Heyneck; 03-17-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #4938
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
7:00 pm Speculation from John Clayton that, should they land Manning, the Broncos will trade Tim Tebow to the Patriots. https://twitter.com/#!/NEPatriotsDra...28195314155520
Guess that'll mean the rich get richer, since they already have two of the better TE's in the AFC....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #4939
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:

You crack me up Drek!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #4940
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I agree that Broncos seem a little cheap lately, but Mebane had said he preferred to stay in Seattle last yr. Not every player can be signed but Broncos obviously not trying all that hard last few years. Sucks because there were some great young FA in this crop.

IMO they might as well just tell Manning the offer is pulled. Let Condon explain to Alex Smith how getting Manning a deal with the niners, while he was supposed to get Smith a deal with the Niners, is good agenting.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #4941
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

And also Mebane had a super avg yr, as did the Seattle defense. What 0 sacks and 40 tackles? watched a few Seattle games cant remember thinking who is that dlineman.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #4942
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I agree that Broncos seem a little cheap lately, but Mebane had said he preferred to stay in Seattle last yr. Not every player can be signed but Broncos obviously not trying all that hard last few years. Sucks because there were some great young FA in this crop.

IMO they might as well just tell Manning the offer is pulled. Let Condon explain to Alex Smith how getting Manning a deal with the niners, while he was supposed to get Smith a deal with the Niners, is good agenting.
Of course if the money is equal a player would choose to not upset his personal life.

But Mebane talked openly about his doubts that he would return to Seattle, showing a willingness to consider a move, and then visited Denver last off-season. Multiple sources even said they just viewed Mebane's deal as "too expensive" for them.

They didn't lose Mebane because Seattle matched the Bronco's offer at the 11th hour to retain him. The Broncos didn't even match Seattle's offer, so why the hell would he leave his home of the last few years for less money?

At this point we don't have enough info to know how exactly they lost out on Soliai, but its a pretty damning sign when for the second year in a row the first established player you want in for a visit is a DT and for the second year in a row that guy returns to his previous team on a pretty reasonable contract.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #4943
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
And also Mebane had a super avg yr, as did the Seattle defense. What 0 sacks and 40 tackles? watched a few Seattle games cant remember thinking who is that dlineman.
Was he $1M better than Ty Warren last year? I'd say so. He's also playing in a front that minimizes his ability to make plays.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #4944
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Was he $1M better than Ty Warren last year? I'd say so. He's also playing in a front that minimizes his ability to make plays.
Yeah but that is hindsight. Warren could play this yr and Mebane could go down. Would that change your mind? Mebane is really an avg DT and Sea has an avg defense. Plus all these guys you b**** about went back to the current team. Often they test market just to come back to team with what they are worth. I am hoping that is what is going on with Bunkley.

Be way more pissed we didn't go after Mario Williams, Carl Nicks, etc, you know actual impact players.

Warren is better then Mebane when healthy by quite a bit actually.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #4945
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Please tell me who!!! Who do they replace Tebow with after winning their 2nd playoff game in more than a decade Go back to your la la land hating ways. You have no reason in your head apparently. I know Tebow is not highly backed by the FO... but if you see the available talent in the FA... the possible rookie QBs that we could target... and I mean none... none... could be argued to start over Tebow. Just not gonna happen this year. Like it or not... Tebow is a Bronco for 2012 if Manning doesn't sign. Book it!!!

Like we are seriously going to trade Tebow and be left with only Weber...
like I said... if you cant add 1 + 1... go back to school.

*The only way Tebow gets traded is if he asks for the trade... yeah I don't see that happening...
Good grief, I will explain once again. I am one that would rather the Broncos kept Tebow and started him and not worried about this chasing of Manning, especially as long as it has been going on. I believe if Tebow is given proper coaching and more weapons around him, he can be a legit starter in the NFL and win games.

But I do not see the Broncos feeling that way. What they have done and said tells me at least they do not believe in Tebow and do not think he will develop enough to win or win consistently at least.

Who they can get? I have no idea, but I think they will do all they can to find Tebow's replacement, if not this year, then next year. With the way it looks, the Broncos are only going to spend much money if Manning signs, which means if Tebow is the starter next year, I do not think the roster will be that much improved and likely the team doesn't do well and more a reason for them to blame the QB and look for another.

I am more a Tebow supporter than most and maybe even you, but I see the writing on the wall. Tebow was told he was the starter going into TC, which is hardly a ringing endorsement since that means if someone else beats him out, then he may not be the starter after TC. But if they sign Manning, Tebow doesn't even make it to TC as the starter. This helps Tebow's confidence? This makes him feel the organization is fully behind him? I don't. You are ok to not believe any of that and believe what you wish, but that's the way I see things going on right now.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #4946
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Unless this all Elways "secret plan" to keep Tebow on his toes and trying to get better. They DO believe in him...but only when he is "motivated".

This Manning thing is just a ploy to motivate him.
Well, I wish they would act like that with Clady among others on the team.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #4947
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

[QUOTE=barryr;3523758]Good grief, I will explain once again. I am one that would rather the Broncos kept Tebow and started him and not worried about this chasing of Manning, especially as long as it has been going on. I believe if Tebow is given proper coaching and more weapons around him, he can be a legit starter in the NFL and win games.

But I do not see the Broncos feeling that way. What they have done and said tells me at least they do not believe in Tebow and do not think he will develop enough to win or win consistently at least.

Who they can get? I have no idea, but I think they will do all they can to find Tebow's replacement, if not this year, then next year. With the way it looks, the Broncos are only going to spend much money if Manning signs, which means if Tebow is the starter next year, I do not think the roster will be that much improved and likely the team doesn't do well and more a reason for them to blame the QB and look for another.

I am more a Tebow supporter than most and maybe even you, but I see the writing on the wall. Tebow was told he was the starter going into TC, which is hardly a ringing endorsement since that means if someone else beats him out, then he may not be the starter after TC. But if they sign Manning, Tebow doesn't even make it to TC as the starter. This helps Tebow's confidence? This makes him feel the organization is fully behind him? I don't. You are ok to not believe any of that and believe what you wish, but that's the way I see things going on right now.[/QUOTE]

Agree with that part. Good to see you throw "next year" in there. That's my point...I think there is no way they trade him this year unless Peyton sign...or he asks for a trade.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #4948
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

[QUOTE=Heyneck;3523850]
Quote:
Good grief, I will explain once again. I am one that would rather the Broncos kept Tebow and started him and not worried about this chasing of Manning, especially as long as it has been going on. I believe if Tebow is given proper coaching and more weapons around him, he can be a legit starter in the NFL and win games.

I am more a Tebow supporter than most and maybe even you, but I see the writing on the wall. Tebow was told he was the starter going into TC, which is hardly a ringing endorsement since that means if someone else beats him out, then he may not be the starter after TC. But if they sign Manning, Tebow doesn't even make it to TC as the starter. This helps Tebow's confidence? This makes him feel the organization is fully behind him? I don't. You are ok to not believe any of that and believe what you wish, but that's the way I see things going on right now.[/QUOTE]

Agree with that part. Good to see you throw "next year" in there. That's my point...I think there is no way they trade him this year unless Peyton sign...or he asks for a trade.
Well, according to another thread, Tebow may indeed ask for a trade, as I suspected might happen.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #4949
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

You know my view on Tebow. I think he is 100% correct asking for a trade.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #4950
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

9ers inked Manningham. This whole gamble is falling apart in the worst way.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote