The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #4901
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
so nfl net and ESPN wouldn't have helicopters hovering overhead?
Yup... which brings me to the subject of the "sources". I for one think the sources have been the Manning camp trying to use Denver as leverage against the "preferred teams". How is it that we know a bunch of details of what happened in the meeting with us, but have little info on what happened with the Titans and secret meeting with the 49ers?

The 49ers meeting being able to stay on the low for 3 days shows me that Manning camp was afraid of scaring them away.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #4902
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,498

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Yup... which brings me to the subject of the "sources". I for one think the sources have been the Manning camp trying to use Denver as leverage against the "preferred teams". How is it that we know a bunch of details of what happened in the meeting with us, but have little info on what happened with the Titans and secret meeting with the 49ers?

The 49ers meeting being able to stay on the low for 3 days shows me that Manning camp was afraid of scaring them away.
EFX; pumped and dumped. Useful idiots that they are.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #4903
brother love
Pro Bowler
 
brother love's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lancaster, pa
Posts: 525
Default

Condon loses money if he picks SanFrancisco becauses he represents Alex Smith as well.
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #4904
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother love View Post
Condon loses money if he picks SanFrancisco becauses he represents Alex Smith as well.
Represents Matt Hasselbeck, Tim Tebow
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #4905
brother love
Pro Bowler
 
brother love's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lancaster, pa
Posts: 525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Represents Matt Hasselbeck, Tim Tebow
.

Yeah, but they are already both under contract.
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #4906
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother love View Post
.

Yeah, but they are already both under contract.
They won't always be. But you are right, Alex Smith has more chance for large contract.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #4907
brother love
Pro Bowler
 
brother love's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lancaster, pa
Posts: 525
Default

Man, just trying to give people around here some hope.
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #4908
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Represents Matt Hasselbeck, Tim Tebow
Well he is not Tebows agent... but he does own CAA. Plus... Mannings contract surpasses all of the mentioned together. Hence he will make his dough, and the QBs releases because of the Manning signing will get work somewhere else. So really no loss for him. What could actually happen is that Tebow, Hasselbeck and Smith could change agency.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #4909
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

PFT reports that Alex Smith is shopping for a new agent.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #4910
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Well he is not Tebows agent... but he does own CAA. Plus... Mannings contract surpasses all of the mentioned together. Hence he will make his dough, and the QBs releases because of the Manning signing will get work somewhere else. So really no loss for him. What could actually happen is that Tebow, Hasselbeck and Smith could change agency.
You are right it is CAA not Condon. Condon only heads up Sports portion of CAA doesn't own it. I only know because I was curious and looked up CAA.

But I did misspeak regarding actual agent.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #4911
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

apparently Alex Smith was offered a 3 year 24 million dollar deal by 49ers.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #4912
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,268
Default

7:00 pm Speculation from John Clayton that, should they land Manning, the Broncos will trade Tim Tebow to the Patriots. https://twitter.com/#!/NEPatriotsDra...28195314155520
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #4913
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
You are right it is CAA not Condon. Condon only heads up Sports portion of CAA doesn't own it. I only know because I was curious and looked up CAA.

But I did misspeak regarding actual agent.
No worries.. it's still the same point! Your argument was valid... one way or another it does affect Condon.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #4914
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
7:00 pm Speculation from John Clayton that, should they land Manning, the Broncos will trade Tim Tebow to the Patriots. https://twitter.com/#!/NEPatriotsDra...28195314155520
At this point I think Hotrod is EVERYONE'S source.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #4915
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
7:00 pm Speculation from John Clayton that, should they land Manning, the Broncos will trade Tim Tebow to the Patriots. https://twitter.com/#!/NEPatriotsDra...28195314155520
They probably will if Manning doesn't sign, though I'm sure the Broncos would miss the jesey sales.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #4916
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
7:00 pm Speculation from John Clayton that, should they land Manning, the Broncos will trade Tim Tebow to the Patriots. https://twitter.com/#!/NEPatriotsDra...28195314155520
that's stupid. why not trade him to jax,you'll get more in return.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #4917
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
PFT reports that Alex Smith is shopping for a new agent.
See... I think this shows what Alex thinks of his chances with staying with the 49ers... But... he could also just be butt hurt.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #4918
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
They probably will if Manning doesn't sign, though I'm sure the Broncos would miss the jesey sales.
I wouldn't doubt it. Bellicheck will know HOW to use him properly, and turn him into a RZ threat . Probably never start him at QB. But the key is that
Belli never Overpays in Picks or money, so the chances of us getting anything
more than a 4th from him are unlikely.

The key will be whether the Broncos have done enough damage to Tebows ego and their own credibility to accept a stupid trade now.
I think he has higher WORTH but since they seemingly can't figure that out they just might do something that dumb. Therefore even further alienating the fan base. that is probably the only thing that will hold them back.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #4919
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
that's stupid. why not trade him to jax,you'll get more in return.
Unless the Jags are looking to deal Gabbert, they are not going to deal for Tebow. No way would Gabbert or Henne, whom they just signed, have a shot at the QB spot if Tebow was there, with all the fan support he would have there and Gabbert's less that stellar rookie year.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #4920
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I wouldn't doubt it. Bellicheck will know HOW to use him properly, and turn him into a RZ threat . Probably never start him at QB. But the key is that
Belli never Overpays in Picks or money, so the chances of us getting anything
more than a 4th from him are unlikely.

The key will be whether the Broncos have done enough damage to Tebows ego and their own credibility to accept a stupid trade now.
I think he has higher WORTH but since they seemingly can't figure that out they just might do something that dumb. Therefore even further alienating the fan base. that is probably the only thing that will hold them back.
I don't think the Broncos know how to use Tebow and are not that interested in trying. A 4th rounder with maybe some conditions to be higher is about as high as they can get, but would seem the best for both the Broncos and Tebow.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #4921
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
They probably will if Manning doesn't sign, though I'm sure the Broncos would miss the jesey sales.
Jersey sales are subject to revenue sharing. Snyder and Jerry Jones make as much from every Tebow jersey sold as Bowlen does.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #4922
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Jersey sales are subject to revenue sharing. Snyder and Jerry Jones make as much from every Tebow jersey sold as Bowlen does.
That's good, so they won't keep him based on that kind of crap at least.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #4923
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I don't think the Broncos know how to use Tebow and are not that interested in trying. A 4th rounder with maybe some conditions to be higher is about as high as they can get, but would seem the best for both the Broncos and Tebow.
The point is a 4th rounder is not likely to be an impact player in any way for at least a while, and that will take some time. Tebow, while inconsistent at best , is an impact guy. Assuming we don't get Manning, there is no reason to trade him for less than a pick that will have his impact. And he COULD develope if they would just put some resources into it. Whether they drafted him or not, they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so they can feel good about themselves, but they aren't helping the team...just their egos.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #4924
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
that's stupid. why not trade him to jax,you'll get more in return.
I'd assume either team would require you to take their young pocket passer back in return. Maybe the FO likes Mallett better than Gabbert.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #4925
KO5K
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
7:00 pm Speculation from John Clayton that, should they land Manning, the Broncos will trade Tim Tebow to the Patriots. https://twitter.com/#!/NEPatriotsDra...28195314155520
Man, I would be excited to see Tebow after a couple of years under Brady, Belichick and McDaniels.

Beats learning under Orton, Fox and McCoy, that's for sure.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Denver Broncos