The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #4876
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Unless this all Elways "secret plan" to keep Tebow on his toes and trying to get better. They DO believe in him...but only when he is "motivated".

This Manning thing is just a ploy to motivate him.
Well, I wish they would act like that with Clady among others on the team.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #4877
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

[QUOTE=barryr;3523758]Good grief, I will explain once again. I am one that would rather the Broncos kept Tebow and started him and not worried about this chasing of Manning, especially as long as it has been going on. I believe if Tebow is given proper coaching and more weapons around him, he can be a legit starter in the NFL and win games.

But I do not see the Broncos feeling that way. What they have done and said tells me at least they do not believe in Tebow and do not think he will develop enough to win or win consistently at least.

Who they can get? I have no idea, but I think they will do all they can to find Tebow's replacement, if not this year, then next year. With the way it looks, the Broncos are only going to spend much money if Manning signs, which means if Tebow is the starter next year, I do not think the roster will be that much improved and likely the team doesn't do well and more a reason for them to blame the QB and look for another.

I am more a Tebow supporter than most and maybe even you, but I see the writing on the wall. Tebow was told he was the starter going into TC, which is hardly a ringing endorsement since that means if someone else beats him out, then he may not be the starter after TC. But if they sign Manning, Tebow doesn't even make it to TC as the starter. This helps Tebow's confidence? This makes him feel the organization is fully behind him? I don't. You are ok to not believe any of that and believe what you wish, but that's the way I see things going on right now.[/QUOTE]

Agree with that part. Good to see you throw "next year" in there. That's my point...I think there is no way they trade him this year unless Peyton sign...or he asks for a trade.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #4878
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

[QUOTE=Heyneck;3523850]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Good grief, I will explain once again. I am one that would rather the Broncos kept Tebow and started him and not worried about this chasing of Manning, especially as long as it has been going on. I believe if Tebow is given proper coaching and more weapons around him, he can be a legit starter in the NFL and win games.

But I do not see the Broncos feeling that way. What they have done and said tells me at least they do not believe in Tebow and do not think he will develop enough to win or win consistently at least.

Who they can get? I have no idea, but I think they will do all they can to find Tebow's replacement, if not this year, then next year. With the way it looks, the Broncos are only going to spend much money if Manning signs, which means if Tebow is the starter next year, I do not think the roster will be that much improved and likely the team doesn't do well and more a reason for them to blame the QB and look for another.

I am more a Tebow supporter than most and maybe even you, but I see the writing on the wall. Tebow was told he was the starter going into TC, which is hardly a ringing endorsement since that means if someone else beats him out, then he may not be the starter after TC. But if they sign Manning, Tebow doesn't even make it to TC as the starter. This helps Tebow's confidence? This makes him feel the organization is fully behind him? I don't. You are ok to not believe any of that and believe what you wish, but that's the way I see things going on right now.[/QUOTE]

Agree with that part. Good to see you throw "next year" in there. That's my point...I think there is no way they trade him this year unless Peyton sign...or he asks for a trade.
Well, according to another thread, Tebow may indeed ask for a trade, as I suspected might happen.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #4879
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 9,551
Default

You know my view on Tebow. I think he is 100% correct asking for a trade.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #4880
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 11,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

9ers inked Manningham. This whole gamble is falling apart in the worst way.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #4881
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 9,551
Default

I think IF Denver ever wanted a SHOT at Manning they needed to be active in past week.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #4882
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

49'ers signed Manningham? Holy crap!
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #4883
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

just in case it hasn't been said... 9ers sign Manningham!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #4884
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
hookemhess's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 922

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
just in case it hasn't been said... 9ers sign Manningham!!
And that, my friends, is that... No reason for Peyton not to sign with SF and make a SB run.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #4885
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,858
Default

McClain, Tolbert, Bunkley...there is some low hanging fruit that would make us alot better, still pissed we didn't reengage Hillis to be honest. This has been one frustrating free agency period.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #4886
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
And that, my friends, is that... No reason for Peyton not to sign with SF and make a SB run.
and thousands of bronco fans would be flooding emergency rooms wanting to be admitted for fanatical depression..

I just can't believe there is so much hoopla about this..

He either signs or he does not..

I had suggested SFO when he was dumped by IND.. Maybe more logic than we did, so did PHX and MIA until they dumped marshall..

Now TEN is the sentimental favorite..

I'm not holding my breath and if he signs well so be it if he does not I'm not losing any sleep and we can go on about getting better via the draft..

Patience Grasshoppers..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #4887
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 31,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
McClain, Tolbert, Bunkley...there is some low hanging fruit that would make us alot better, still pissed we didn't reengage Hillis to be honest. This has been one frustrating free agency period.
We can sign all three of those guys and I doubt it really moves the needle.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #4888
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
And that, my friends, is that... No reason for Peyton not to sign with SF and make a SB run.
Let me add that I really do not think he wants to go up against his brother EXCEPT in the superbowl..

Winner take all at that point..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #4889
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 31,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
and thousands of bronco fans would be flooding emergency rooms wanting to be admitted for fanatical depression..

I just can't believe there is so much hoopla about this..

He either signs or he does not..

I had suggested SFO when he was dumped by IND.. Maybe more logic than we did, so did PHX and MIA until they dumped marshall..

Now TEN is the sentimental favorite..

I'm not holding my breath and if he signs well so be it if he does not I'm not losing any sleep and we can go on about getting better via the draft..

Patience Grasshoppers..
Patience for what? This is not some master plan the pleebs cant see. If they don't sign PM, its an epic fail of an FA period. We're a team with A LOT of holes that was VERY lucky to be 8-8 last year.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #4890
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,352
Default

Nice move by the 49ers. As for PM heres how it boils down.

If Manning wants a clear path to the SB he should choose the 49ers, does he want that pressure? He might you never know.

If he wants a challenge with a coaching staff & front office he likes he should pick the Broncos

If he wants a challenge with familiarity of the are and be the "hometown hero" he should pick the Titans, does he wanna stick to the Colts fans twice a year by beating them down? I don't know about that one.

I think its anyone's game, but if Peyton isn't going to shy away from the pressure he should go to the 49ers. They will be Superbowl favorites and if they don't reach the SB it will be viewed as a failure. The media attention there will be insane also, remember hes coming from a town like Indy. Coach Harbaugh will likely clash with Manning both of them are fiery guys who want to run sh*t so if they don't have a great season year one or two its probably not going to end well. Lots of things working for 49ers and some work against it.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #4891
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
And that, my friends, is that... No reason for Peyton not to sign with SF and make a SB run.
yes, Manningham is the proverbial straw that broke the EFX back... the feces is truly bonafide with this signing.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #4892
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I would be shocked if Manning chose the Broncos now. I just don't see why unless the Broncos offered him 25 mil. per year.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #4893
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 11,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I would be shocked if Manning chose the Broncos now. I just don't see why unless the Broncos offered him 25 mil. per year.
Given their stunning absence of any moves thus far that might just be their plan. Or Bowlen's broke and hoarding cash before the spending floor starts.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #4894
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,335
Default

He's definitely going to be a bronco my sources inside the light rail train said so!!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #4895
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 9,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I would be shocked if Manning chose the Broncos now. I just don't see why unless the Broncos offered him 25 mil. per year.
I figured only chance we had was overpay but, knew we wouldn't.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 03-17-2012 at 09:59 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #4896
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I would be shocked if Manning chose the Broncos now. I just don't see why unless the Broncos offered him 25 mil. per year.
If he is a Titan I bet his salary is closer to 30 than 20. I only see sf getting a discount.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #4897
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Nice move by the 49ers. As for PM heres how it boils down.

If Manning wants a clear path to the SB he should choose the 49ers, does he want that pressure? He might you never know.

If he wants a challenge with a coaching staff & front office he likes he should pick the Broncos

If he wants a challenge with familiarity of the are and be the "hometown hero" he should pick the Titans, does he wanna stick to the Colts fans twice a year by beating them down? I don't know about that one.

I think its anyone's game, but if Peyton isn't going to shy away from the pressure he should go to the 49ers. They will be Superbowl favorites and if they don't reach the SB it will be viewed as a failure. The media attention there will be insane also, remember hes coming from a town like Indy. Coach Harbaugh will likely clash with Manning both of them are fiery guys who want to run sh*t so if they don't have a great season year one or two its probably not going to end well. Lots of things working for 49ers and some work against it.
uhhhh he reached out to the Texans... so I don't think that's a problem in his mind.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #4898
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 43,505

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
. Or Bowlen's broke and hoarding cash before the spending floor starts.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #4899
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,391
Default

While some in the Manning camp have suggested a decision would come by Tuesday, Manning hasn’t stated that himself to teams, sources said, and teams are waiting patiently to hear back from him following his workouts…

Manning hasn’t entered into contract negotiations with the final teams, sources said, and officials with those teams figure that Manning, if and when he chooses where he wants to play, will directly contact the team to let them know he wants to proceed, and then the expectation is Condon will take over negotiations.

“There is a very small circle involved in this,” said one source with knowledge of the situation. “It may really just be Peyton, his father and his wife.”

Manning has told teams he expects to be able to participate in organized team activities this spring, and, with six months or so before the season starts, his health is becoming less and less of a concern.


http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/18/mann...agent-process/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #4900
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
Greatest win/loss of all-time

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,825

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
While some in the Manning camp have suggested a decision would come by Tuesday, Manning hasn’t stated that himself to teams, sources said, and teams are waiting patiently to hear back from him following his workouts…

Manning hasn’t entered into contract negotiations with the final teams, sources said, and officials with those teams figure that Manning, if and when he chooses where he wants to play, will directly contact the team to let them know he wants to proceed, and then the expectation is Condon will take over negotiations.

“There is a very small circle involved in this,” said one source with knowledge of the situation. “It may really just be Peyton, his father and his wife.”

Manning has told teams he expects to be able to participate in organized team activities this spring, and, with six months or so before the season starts, his health is becoming less and less of a concern.


http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/18/mann...agent-process/
Dear Teams,
Hope to get back to you between tomorrow and this spring.

K thnx bye.

Hugs and Kisses

Peyton.



Dear Peyton,

Do you still want to go out with us.

____ check here for yes. _______ check here for no.

We won't sign anybody until we hear back from you.

XOXOXO

Johnny.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Denver Broncos