The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #4726
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
what did you just sya boy?
Somebody is drunk posting, this will not end well!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #4727
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,773
Default

11:12 pm Jonathan Hutton (Titans Radio): Peyton Manning passed his physical when he visited #Titans on Wednesday. He will workout for TEN Saturday at 10:45a. Don't know where.

https://twitter.com/#!/hutton1045/st...43733019922433
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #4728
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,773
Default

10:01 pm More good stuff from Dave Hyde: Fun fact you won't hear discussed much in the media: CAA represents Peyton Manning, Alex Smith and Tim Tebow. Why won't you hear a healthy debate if there's a conflict-of-interest involved here - say, if the agency didn't press San Fran for a deal with Smith knowing their interest would help Manning? Because the media either gets much of its info from CAA and doesn't want to threaten that information pipeline or is represented by CAA themselves. Get informed how info flows, folks

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...rama-continues
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #4729
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,549
Default

I want sex and candy, yeah.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #4730
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
10:01 pm More good stuff from Dave Hyde: Fun fact you won't hear discussed much in the media: CAA represents Peyton Manning, Alex Smith and Tim Tebow. Why won't you hear a healthy debate if there's a conflict-of-interest involved here - say, if the agency didn't press San Fran for a deal with Smith knowing their interest would help Manning? Because the media either gets much of its info from CAA and doesn't want to threaten that information pipeline or is represented by CAA themselves. Get informed how info flows, folks

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...rama-continues
They represent Matt Hasselbeck too.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #4731
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
10:01 pm More good stuff from Dave Hyde: Fun fact you won't hear discussed much in the media: CAA represents Peyton Manning, Alex Smith and Tim Tebow. Why won't you hear a healthy debate if there's a conflict-of-interest involved here - say, if the agency didn't press San Fran for a deal with Smith knowing their interest would help Manning? Because the media either gets much of its info from CAA and doesn't want to threaten that information pipeline or is represented by CAA themselves. Get informed how info flows, folks

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...rama-continues
Sounds like incest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #4732
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Manning has been a free agent for a week and Favre contemplated retirement every offseason for at least 5 years.

Favre played for the record book, Peyton has publicly stated he would never play for any kind of record. Pre PM injury he was the closest person to break Favre's consecutive start record and PM said if he was one game, one yard, or touchdown away from any significant record he would just pack it up let the other guy have it. Not too favrish.
If you believe that then I have some really great ocean front beach property for sale in El Paso.
The guy is pure ego. If he is anal about taking EVERY rep in practice. He is going after every record on the books that he can get.

He has more money than he or his family could ever spend if it was not for ego and records why is he playing for a few more years.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #4733
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,549
Default

Fly like a G6...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #4734
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
...if it was not for ego and records why is he playing for a few more years.
Highly successful people often have big egos so this isn't surprising. And he probably wants to play because that's what he is and that's what he knows. Still has a passion for the game, and likes to win. Elway was still playing at Manning's current age. Aren't you glad he did?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #4735
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,475

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Strange. In NFL network discussion between Shefter & Mort late this afternoon, Shef indicated (and Mort agreed) that 49ers see themselves as a darkhorse, on the outside looking in, and in 3rd place in this "race."

Not sure why since everyone assumes they'd be favored to win it all with Manning. Maybe he declined an invite to visit their facilities or something. Or maybe they really do have a cap barrier they can't overcome.

I don't see any way in hell the Niners can come anywhere even close to the neighborhood the Broncos and Titans can offer.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #4736
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
If you believe that then I have some really great ocean front beach property for sale in El Paso.
The guy is pure ego. If he is anal about taking EVERY rep in practice. He is going after every record on the books that he can get.

He has more money than he or his family could ever spend if it was not for ego and records why is he playing for a few more years.
To excel. To push himself. To compete. To take the gifts God blessed you with and develop them to the fullest. "Res firma mitacre nescit". To savor and prolong every drop of the thrill you get by playing football in front of fans. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I am guessing you never played sports competitively, right? If it was easy to just dial back the desire and will to compete and excel because he had more money than he could spend or was aging...he would never have had what it took to get to where he did in the first place.

It is what separates him from players like Haynesworth...those that have the physical skill but don't have the will or desire after being 'shown the money'. It is what makes him a HoFer and worthy of us stalling the career of a semi-promising young QB that has the same will and desire characteristics that he does.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #4737
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,773
Default

^ Yup, good post delany.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #4738
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't see any way in hell the Niners can come anywhere even close to the neighborhood the Broncos and Titans can offer.
Pieces in place to win Suberbowl tomorrow if need be.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #4739
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,351
Default

But will 49ers have all the pieces in place if they have cut a few high$ players to free up $ for Manning?

I mean we can sign Manning and upgrade several other positions, where they can sign Manning and lose good players to do it.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #4740
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
But will 49ers have all the pieces in place if they have cut a few high$ players to free up $ for Manning?

I mean we can sign Manning and upgrade several other positions, where they can sign Manning and lose good players to do it.
Touché
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #4741
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,549
Default

If Manning can turn the Broncos into a SB contender by just being on the roster, would this not hold true for any team he would go to, regardless of who would have to be cut to make room for him?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #4742
Mecklomaniac
Pro Bowler
 
Mecklomaniac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin
Default

AlbertBreer:
Per league sources, Peyton Manning has informed clubs that he plans on making a final decision on his future on Monday or Tuesday via Twitter

AlbertBreer:
... People involved aren't convinced he'll stick to that, partially because the process has been lengthy already. We'll see what happens. [via Twitter]
Mecklomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #4743
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Broncos seriously have no clue what Manning will do. Josina Anderson just updated a quote (here come Josina bashings)l fact is they probably were front runners but now Manning is just as confused as Tebow reading a base defense! Just kidding
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #4744
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

This says the niners have 28 mill. Not sure where these figures come from.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/16/upda...content_stream
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #4745
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecklomaniac View Post
AlbertBreer:
Per league sources, Peyton Manning has informed clubs that he plans on making a final decision on his future on Monday or Tuesday via Twitter

AlbertBreer:
... People involved aren't convinced he'll stick to that, partially because the process has been lengthy already. We'll see what happens. [via Twitter]

Twitter is the goddamn devil.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #4746
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I don't believe Manning doesn't know where he wants to go by now. He has his team and will see if they can reach agreement. If not, then he goes to Plan B or C.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #4747
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Niners cap space is around 15-18 mil after the Rogers signing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #4748
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,838

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Broncos seriously have no clue what Manning will do. Josina Anderson just updated a quote (here come Josina bashings)l fact is they probably were front runners but now Manning is just as confused as Tebow reading a base defense! Just kidding
Manning is tearin this team apart!
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #4749
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't see any way in hell the Niners can come anywhere even close to the neighborhood the Broncos and Titans can offer.
They actually have close to the same cap room as the Titans.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #4750
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer
 
ColoradoBuff's Avatar
 
In Manning We Trust......

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the buffalo roam....
Posts: 2,130

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Jonathan Hutton@hutton1045

Hearing #Titans and Manning will be in Knoxville tomorrow morning for the workout. Thx to @brentdougherty for assisting with info.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Denver Broncos