The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #3976
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
There is a two hour time difference so they will be moving through rush hour traffic at the meeting end.

Either they are picking him up ( No need for entire staff to go then but they might want to) , or its a workout , ( no need again) , Or its a push to try to get Manning to sign with us today. And that means that he hasn't made up his mind ( Surprise, Surprise!). Or he is leaning to Tenn, so they are bringing everyone but Defense and Bowlen to convince him. ALL IN.

Having now seen how quickly Manning makes business decisions, do you think they can get out of there in 2-3 hours? I don't, unless he actually tells us its Tenn right up front, and doesn't listen to the pitch.

Manning keeps leaving the door open for others.....and that is why they are all going. If he doesn't sign today, it is not going to happen, and Elway, the car salesman, is going to try to CLOSE. Manning needs convincing!
Also, think about how stupid this basic argument is. Do you think they give a **** about rushing back to Denver to talk to Jameel McClain and Marcus Trufant?

I can see it now. Manning's in mid-sentence and Elway winces and taps his watch. "Sorry, Peyton, I know we've been swinging on your jock the past week, just flew here to watch you workout, and try to sign you in an effort to make the broncos contenders over the next 4 years, but we need to get back to Denver to sign a middle linebacker few people outside of baltimore know about"
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #3977
Stagger Lee
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoDoug View Post
Michael Lombardi
‏ @michaelombardi

Manning will throw for the Titans as well, no date has been set for that workout
Well ****
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #3978
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
why are you trying to bum people out? let them have some optimism for christ sake...not all of us have tebows doinker stickin in our mouths.
No one cares about your opinion raider troll...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #3979
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Manning wouldn't decide who got on the plane and who didn't to watch him work out.
Sorry bud, but in this thing we call the "professional" world, its common courtesy to let the person who you're meeting with know who will be in attendance.

However, I can certainly understand why you would be ignorant to nuances such as this. :-)
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #3980
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...ams-in-the-mix

Peyton Manning continues to narrow his choices and as expected the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans have emerged as the favorites to sign him but there is an interesting twist developing.

A person close to Manning confirms a story first reported by ESPN that a Denver contingent will watch Manning work out. Yet the source said the Titans are still heavily in the mix.

A Dolphins official confirmed that the team has been informed they have been eliminated from contention. Arizona is all but eliminated from the mix as well but it's unclear if Manning or his camp have informed the Cardinals they are no longer contenders.

Here's the twist. A source stated that there are at least two teams ready to jump into the fray and the Manning camp has spoken to them.

To repeat: there may indeed be other teams who could sneak into the fray at the last minute and throw this entire process for a loop.

How much of this is Manning camp posturing is unclear. I also don't know which teams are circling but I do believe this to be true.

In the end, the Broncos remain the favorite, because of John Elway's persuasive powers. But there very well could be other teams that might make a last minute play.

Tags: NFL, Denver Broncos
If that's the case, Elway should give Peyton our final offer and say, "We need a decision now. We can't spend more time and resources on this. Fish or cut bait."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #3981
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Well ****
Hardly shocking.

Can this thing just end soon? We are really gonna be up ****s creek (well, more so) if this goes on too long.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #3982
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
didnt the steelers place a 1st round tender on Wallace?...

from what i understand, the steelers are concerned about being able to sign both Wallace and Antonio Brown, so they have decided to be willing to let Wallace go for a 1st round... and then turn and sign Brown long term...
Do not want Wallace at that price. We need to draft DT with that pick. If Decker is who people tell me he his let him up his game with PM under center. If he still sucks he should be beaten with reeds.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #3983
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If that's the case, Elway should give Peyton our final offer and say, "We need a decision now. We can't spend more time and resources on this. Fish or cut bait."
At this point, why? We've already missed outon the big name FAs.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #3984
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Also, think about how stupid this basic argument is. Do you think they give a **** about rushing back to Denver to talk to Jameel McClain and Marcus Trufant?

I can see it now. Manning's in mid-sentence and Elway winces and taps his watch. "Sorry, Peyton, I know we've been swinging on your jock the past week, just flew here to watch you workout, and try to sign you in an effort to make the broncos contenders over the next 4 years, but we need to get back to Denver to sign a middle linebacker few people outside of baltimore know about"
You are an idiot(duh) if that is what you took away from that.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #3985
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
No one cares about your opinion raider troll...
says the guy whos never had a QFT post in its life...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #3986
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

This is like watching a little girl at the pet store trying to pick a kitten.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #3987
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If that's the case, Elway should give Peyton our final offer and say, "We need a decision now. We can't spend more time and resources on this. Fish or cut bait."
Lord yes. We're getting high grossed by these pricks.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #3988
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Do not want Wallace at that price. We need to draft DT with that pick. If Decker is who people tell me he his let him up his game with PM under center. If he still sucks he should be beaten with reeds.
If the Broncos are wanting a Super Bowl run with Manning, then they will not use that pick on a DT. They would trade down before taking a DT since most DT's as rookies do not have much impact. Trevor Pryce could not even get on the field as a rookie when he was drafted in the 1st round and it wasn't like he was playing behind Pro Bowlers.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #3989
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Sorry bud, but in this thing we call the "professional" world, its common courtesy to let the person who you're meeting with know who will be in attendance.

However, I can certainly understand why you would be ignorant to nuances such as this. :-)
I'm not saying Peyton doesn't know. But it's not his decision.

"Yeah, hey guys, I guess if you want I'd do a work out for you, but whatever you do, don't bring that ****ing McCoy. I watched the beginning of that Pats game. I can't even look at him. If you bring him and I sign, I'll fire his ass on the spot. And have Foxy bring me one of those Mango Daiquiris from Shenanigans. I've had one of those every time I'm in Denver to celebrate owning the Broncos"
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #3990
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
says the guy whos never had a QFT post in its life...
Says the girl who spends all her time on a rival teams board. You and Bob make a good couple.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #3991
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,519

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If that's the case, Elway should give Peyton our final offer and say, "We need a decision now. We can't spend more time and resources on this. Fish or cut bait."
As I said...He will try to Close today.

Stop wasting team resources on a guy that seemingly can't make up his mind , or is using us to drive up the price ( which is what I said at the start of this saga ).
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #3992
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm not saying Peyton doesn't know. But it's not his decision.

"Yeah, hey guys, I guess if you want I'd do a work out for you, but whatever you do, don't bring that ****ing McCoy. I watched the beginning of that Pats game. I can't even look at him. If you bring him and I sign, I'll fire his ass on the spot. And have Foxy bring me one of those Mango Daiquiris from Shenanigans. I've had one of those every time I'm in Denver to celebrate owning the Broncos"
Asking a serious question...how old are you? Like 12?
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #3993
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,368

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...ams-in-the-mix

Peyton Manning continues to narrow his choices and as expected the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans have emerged as the favorites to sign him but there is an interesting twist developing.

A person close to Manning confirms a story first reported by ESPN that a Denver contingent will watch Manning work out. Yet the source said the Titans are still heavily in the mix.

A Dolphins official confirmed that the team has been informed they have been eliminated from contention. Arizona is all but eliminated from the mix as well but it's unclear if Manning or his camp have informed the Cardinals they are no longer contenders.

Here's the twist. A source stated that there are at least two teams ready to jump into the fray and the Manning camp has spoken to them.

To repeat: there may indeed be other teams who could sneak into the fray at the last minute and throw this entire process for a loop.

How much of this is Manning camp posturing is unclear. I also don't know which teams are circling but I do believe this to be true.

In the end, the Broncos remain the favorite, because of John Elway's persuasive powers. But there very well could be other teams that might make a last minute play.

Tags: NFL, Denver Broncos
See, this is what I mean. The longer this drags on... it give other teams the chance to jump in and leave a cloud of dust. The 49ers and Raves make too much sense. But I would cross the Ravens off since for some reason they enamored with Flacco and HOU would not be even considered sinse their owner already said so. That's why the 49ers makes too much sense as a team that could jump in. They somehow managed to sign Moss... as we all know... Alex Smith is not his type of QB. But maybe their coach is...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #3994
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If that's the case, Elway should give Peyton our final offer and say, "We need a decision now. We can't spend more time and resources on this. Fish or cut bait."
Why should Denverdo this? It looks like to me Denveris going to watch Peyton throw. This is for their benefit not Peyton's They need to see what they mightbe investing in. By the way this has onlybeen going on 7 days. I know it seems longer but actually he has visited 4 teams and narrowed his deciondown to two teams in seven days. I imagine we will all know within a couple days wherehe wants to play.

I love the fact that Elwayis now Denver's closer. Without him I do not think Denver would have stood a chance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #3995
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
If the Broncos are wanting a Super Bowl run with Manning, then they will not use that pick on a DT. They would trade down before taking a DT since most DT's as rookies do not have much impact. Trevor Pryce could not even get on the field as a rookie when he was drafted in the 1st round and it wasn't like he was playing behind Pro Bowlers.
And that's exactly my problem with chasing Manning. We go away from a fundamental approach to building a competitive team to chasing parts and pieces to suit PM. We need a running game and we need to stop the running game. We need to generate pressure on QB's in as many ways as possible because we have an aging (and aged) secondary that lacks depth. We need a strong front 7 so that means going DT/MLB early and often. Now with DJ's uncertainty...well that's just one more thing.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #3996
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,368

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Well ****
****... people. Lets enjoy our weekend... this thing is not getting done until sunday the earliest. (Yeah...I know... staying away is not a realistic possibility to anyone...hahaha).
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #3997
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...ams-in-the-mix

...Here's the twist. A source stated that there are at least two teams ready to jump into the fray and the Manning camp has spoken to them.
Yup, as I've mentioned a couple of times today the Niners still don't have a deal with Alex Smith...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #3998
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
See, this is what I mean. The longer this drags on... it give other teams the chance to jump in and leave a cloud of dust. The 49ers and Raves make too much sense. But I would cross the Ravens off since for some reason they enamored with Flacco and HOU would not be even considered sinse their owner already said so. That's why the 49ers makes too much sense as a team that could jump in. They somehow managed to sign Moss... as we all know... Alex Smith is not his type of QB. But maybe their coach is...
both sides think the Smith deal is a great one and keep saying it will get done...after signing Rogers they have about 18 million in cap space...Harbaugh could be sneaky but the bay area has more leaks than NY's sewer system....the national media wouldve sniffed out the niners name already....this manning thing could go on for 2 more weeks...if the niners still havent inked smith after next week then id be worried
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #3999
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobet Selur View Post
Why should Denverdo this? It looks like to me Denveris going to watch Peyton throw. This is for their benefit not Peyton's They need to see what they mightbe investing in. By the way this has onlybeen going on 7 days. I know it seems longer but actually he has visited 4 teams and narrowed his deciondown to two teams in seven days. I imagine we will all know within a couple days wherehe wants to play.

I love the fact that Elwayis now Denver's closer. Without him I do not think Denver would have stood a chance.
Nobody with half a brain goes into an auction without knowing the limit they'll pay for something. That shouldn't be effected by what somebody else's limit is. You don't just keep bouncing back and forth, raising the price for yourself and others to the benefit of the seller. At some point you say, "This is my final offer. Is it good enough, or not?"
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #4000
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
And that's exactly my problem with chasing Manning. We go away from a fundamental approach to building a competitive team to chasing parts and pieces to suit PM. We need a running game and we need to stop the running game. We need to generate pressure on QB's in as many ways as possible because we have an aging (and aged) secondary that lacks depth. We need a strong front 7 so that means going DT/MLB early and often. Now with DJ's uncertainty...well that's just one more thing.
True, but the Broncos if signing Manning are going to find players that can help the team win now and not so much players that will take 2-3 years. But if they don't get Manning, they will need a high pick on a QB since Tebow is not their guy and will be gone regardless. I could see them drafting a DT, but not higher than the 2nd round and more likely 3rd unless they traded down and got multiple picks. But I would expect a RB to be taken kind of high too.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Denver Broncos