The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #3926
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Well ****
****... people. Lets enjoy our weekend... this thing is not getting done until sunday the earliest. (Yeah...I know... staying away is not a realistic possibility to anyone...hahaha).
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #3927
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...ams-in-the-mix

...Here's the twist. A source stated that there are at least two teams ready to jump into the fray and the Manning camp has spoken to them.
Yup, as I've mentioned a couple of times today the Niners still don't have a deal with Alex Smith...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #3928
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
See, this is what I mean. The longer this drags on... it give other teams the chance to jump in and leave a cloud of dust. The 49ers and Raves make too much sense. But I would cross the Ravens off since for some reason they enamored with Flacco and HOU would not be even considered sinse their owner already said so. That's why the 49ers makes too much sense as a team that could jump in. They somehow managed to sign Moss... as we all know... Alex Smith is not his type of QB. But maybe their coach is...
both sides think the Smith deal is a great one and keep saying it will get done...after signing Rogers they have about 18 million in cap space...Harbaugh could be sneaky but the bay area has more leaks than NY's sewer system....the national media wouldve sniffed out the niners name already....this manning thing could go on for 2 more weeks...if the niners still havent inked smith after next week then id be worried
Old 03-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #3929
Rohirrim
Partisan

Got to see Lady Gaga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobet Selur View Post
Why should Denverdo this? It looks like to me Denveris going to watch Peyton throw. This is for their benefit not Peyton's They need to see what they mightbe investing in. By the way this has onlybeen going on 7 days. I know it seems longer but actually he has visited 4 teams and narrowed his deciondown to two teams in seven days. I imagine we will all know within a couple days wherehe wants to play.

I love the fact that Elwayis now Denver's closer. Without him I do not think Denver would have stood a chance.
Nobody with half a brain goes into an auction without knowing the limit they'll pay for something. That shouldn't be effected by what somebody else's limit is. You don't just keep bouncing back and forth, raising the price for yourself and others to the benefit of the seller. At some point you say, "This is my final offer. Is it good enough, or not?"
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #3930
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
And that's exactly my problem with chasing Manning. We go away from a fundamental approach to building a competitive team to chasing parts and pieces to suit PM. We need a running game and we need to stop the running game. We need to generate pressure on QB's in as many ways as possible because we have an aging (and aged) secondary that lacks depth. We need a strong front 7 so that means going DT/MLB early and often. Now with DJ's uncertainty...well that's just one more thing.
True, but the Broncos if signing Manning are going to find players that can help the team win now and not so much players that will take 2-3 years. But if they don't get Manning, they will need a high pick on a QB since Tebow is not their guy and will be gone regardless. I could see them drafting a DT, but not higher than the 2nd round and more likely 3rd unless they traded down and got multiple picks. But I would expect a RB to be taken kind of high too.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #3931
Drunken.Broncoholic

if the niners have Smiths contract ready to sign, had there been any speculation from smith that niners were interested in Manning, hed be jumping to sign that contract...niners have not pulled that contract back
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #3932
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, as I've mentioned a couple of times today the Niners still don't have a deal with Alex Smith...
I would be done following this if San Fran got in the mix. I think that is a perfect fit but has their been any official report of this a possibility? Have they contacted Peyton?
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #3933
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You are an idiot(duh) if that is what you took away from that.
Then why the **** are you arguing about how long they'll stay there.

Do you have any friends? I bet you dont
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #3934
Rohirrim
Partisan

Got to see Lady Gaga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

This rumor (of last minute teams) was probably dropped into the stream by Condon to squeeze out some final bucks.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #3935
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I also thought the 49ers were probably Manning's best shot at a Super Bowl next year though I don't know if Manning would care for Moss though.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #3936
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This rumor (of last minute teams) was probably dropped into the stream by Condon to squeeze out some final bucks.
very well could be...throw in some invisible demand and suddenly theres a couple more million in it for him..
Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #3937
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Then why the **** are you arguing about how long they'll stay there.

Do you have any friends? I bet you dont
I said they could be back today to talk to the other guys comming in. Others argued with me, while proving they could be. I pointed it out. You came back with an extremely retarded post.

Any other questions?

I have a lot of friends. Obviously, they aren't little b****es like you.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #3938
Drunken.Broncoholic

candlestick is a shyt hole...the worst stadium in the league...even outdoor QBs have problems here...drew brees saw the effects of the highway 101 toilet....

bay area doesnt get cold though...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #3939
Rohirrim
Partisan

Got to see Lady Gaga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

^I used to live in Berkeley. It got plenty damn cold. And wet.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #3940
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
****... people. Lets enjoy our weekend... this thing is not getting done until sunday the earliest. (Yeah...I know... staying away is not a realistic possibility to anyone...hahaha).
Man, this blows.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #3941
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I said they could be back today to talk to the other guys comming in. Others argued with me, while proving they could be. I pointed it out. You came back with an extremely retarded post.

Any other questions?

I have a lot of friends. Obviously, they aren't little b****es like you.
of course they could...with my own jet i could take a shyt in Carmel Ca this morning, and take another shyt in NY by dinnertime... not sure what they are arguing
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #3942
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Klis speculating on NFL Network that full workout by Peyton all part and parcel of increasing guaranteed money.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #3943
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Any other questions?
The argument started with what I referred to.

Here's a question:

Is there another poster on the Mane that consistently makes me want to reach my hands through the screen and rip his throat out? No.

Youre an a-hole for the sake of being one. Maybe, i dunno, try not being an a-hole, and people wouldnt be one to you? Novel concept, I know.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #3944
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
^I used to live in Berkeley. It got plenty damn cold. And wet.
ya Fog cold.....not 30 degree or lower cold....doesnt snow in Berkeley unless you bump into a thug down at the Berkeley waterfront....then it snows out of his pocket..
Old 03-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #3945
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
He's doing his job. Squeezing out every last dime from this situation.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #3946
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They are in a jet. They can easily be back by this afternoon.
Here is where that started. It was in response to people asking about the other FAs. You are an idiot le-lo. It went exactly as I stated. Maybe I would be nicer if you stopped being such a retarded b****.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #3947
TonyR
Franchise Poster

11:43 am Dave Hyde: Love how Tebow's agency, which is Manning's agency, is "leaking" the "idea" Dolphins might be landing spot for Tebow. How the game is played

https://twitter.com/#!/davehydesport...80457246097409
Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #3948
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
ya Fog cold.....not 30 degree or lower cold....doesnt snow in Berkeley unless you bump into a thug down at the Berkeley waterfront....then it snows out of his pocket..
"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in san francisco" Does anyone even truly know where that quote came from?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #3949
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Klis speculating on NFL Network that full workout by Peyton all part and parcel of increasing guaranteed money.
Great, then the Titans will have a natural lead into another round of poker by asking for their own workout before sweetening the deal.

And for the record, I don't think EFX have a ceiling in mind other than what Bowlen's ulcer can handle. He's the one who'll make the decision at this point. It's more than apparent that EFX are willing to let this team die on the vine before they're willing to give up on Manning.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #3950
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Is there another poster on the Mane that consistently makes me want to reach my hands through the screen and rip his throat out?
There are certainly others, but he always runs towards the front of the pack. I will no longer quote him and would appreciate others following suit. It's jut not worth it. He is a thread destroyer.