The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #3926
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Well If Manning signs here, the Titans can still sign Tee Martin.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #3927
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Funny Vic isn't being nearly as cocky as he was on Sunday.
our homers saw how stupid the Titans homers looked and have toned it down...
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #3928
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Funny, because that story came out 2 hours before the story that the team plane was flying for a workout in Raleigh. So... yeah...

I know you REALLY want to believe that we won't get a hall of fame quarterback so your precious Tebow can stay on and magically get to 50% completions, but come on. Maybe the story from Shanahan's is bull****. But it sure jives with everything else that's come out since.
You're a Cowboy now Kyle so kindly piss off and yap about Romo.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #3929
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Funny, because that story came out 2 hours before the story that the team plane was flying for a workout in Raleigh. So... yeah...

I know you REALLY want to believe that we won't get a hall of fame quarterback so your precious Tebow can stay on and magically get to 50% completions, but come on. Maybe the story from Shanahan's is bull****. But it sure jives with everything else that's come out since.
Easy Kyle. I'm sure there are plenty of skanks in Dallas left over for a backup to Big Tony. It'll work out.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #3930
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

^ Twin morons. Neat!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #3931
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
If true, why wait until today to fly? If true, why send the staff instead of just a plane to pick him up? I call B.S. on the steakhouse story.
I'm not saying I buy the steakhouse story but I will say this; when it is time to close you send your closers. That's just good business sense. Take nothing for granted.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #3932
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Easy Kyle. I'm sure there are plenty of skanks in Dallas left over for a backup to Big Tony. It'll work out.
That's right. Don't admit you're wrong, AS ALWAYS. Trying to cover with more bull**** about my handle ought to make people forget.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #3933
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
That's right. Don't admit you're wrong, AS ALWAYS. Trying to cover with more bull**** about my handle ought to make people forget.

How am I wrong? Someone saw somebody at a restaurant. Therefore Peyton is a Bronco.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #3934
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
How am I wrong? Someone saw somebody at a restaurant. Therefore Peyton is a Bronco.
Nobody's made that argument. Just add it to the fail pile that is your life.

It's called context.

6:30, Klatt's talking about the celebration last night at Shanahan's.

8:30, team officials board a plane for R-D to have a private workout with Peyton, something which no other teams have done.

You're right. Peyton's probably just "respecting" Elway by having him come out.

I'm not saying it's a definite ANYTHING. But something more than a meeting in person to turn us down is definitely going on, and the fact that we're the ones getting a workout says something to those of us with working brains.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #3935
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

(My speculation) ok.. I am scared that the 49ers could wake up and realize that Manning puts them over the top. Why haven't they signed Smith? and why where there reports in the previous days that Manning would still listen to other teams (yes I know they said it he was no longer talking to other teams and that the final were 4...now 3... presumably 2)?

You guys think that if the 49ers called they would be favorites? Just like Philly did last year with Asomugha when everybody thought that Dallas and Jets were the favorites?

It's a long shot... but every time this pursuit get longer... it give another team like the 49ers to swoop in and let the others looking at dust.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #3936
Drunken.Broncoholic

the only thing we can get out of this is hes working out with the broncos, not the cardinals...the cardinals are on time constraints, not the broncos...this pretty much takes AZ out of the picture...as far as the titans who knows
Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #3937
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

we're up against a front office position at the end of his playing career. when there are 45 secs left on the clock with no time outs and the game on the line you don't just send a ok plan. you bring out the fireworks, the big guns and throw everything including the kitchen sink at the mothers.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #3938
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

@Bud"CrazyMoFoAdams" I am deploying my personal detachment of F-16s to intercept @GutlessDrunk's plane. MANNING IS MINE!!! #jerkstore
Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #3939
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Nobody's made that argument. Just add it to the fail pile that is your life.
Hey, I saw a picture of John Fox smiling this week! OMG, Peyton LOVES us again!

The said thing is Kyle, Peyton replacing Timmy doesn't make you better than Timmy. We saw how that worked out.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #3940
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
(My speculation) ok.. I am scared that the 49ers could wake up and realize that Manning puts them over the top. Why haven't they signed Smith? and why where there reports in the previous days that Manning would still listen to other teams (yes I know they said it he was no longer talking to other teams and that the final were 4...now 3... presumably 2)?

You guys think that if the 49ers called they would be favorites? Just like Philly did last year with Asomugha when everybody thought that Dallas and Jets were the favorites?

It's a long shot... but every time this pursuit get longer... it give another team like the 49ers to swoop in and let the others looking at dust.

Bay Area radio would be all over this if they even mentioned Peytons name in the HQs...they are busy breaking down the monta for bogut trade....Harbaugh wouldve already set up a throw and catch session like he did with moss...they are signing players left and right...they wouldve made a move by now..
Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #3941
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
we're up against a front office position at the end of his playing career. when there are 45 secs left on the clock with no time outs and the game on the line you don't just send a ok plan. you bring out the fireworks, the big guns and throw everything including the kitchen sink at the mothers.
So they sent Tebow?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #3942
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Hey, I saw a picture of John Fox smiling this week! OMG, Peyton LOVES us again!

The said thing is Kyle, Peyton replacing Timmy doesn't make you better than Timmy. We saw how that worked out.
More non-arguments. Solid.

You've become a caricature.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #3943
teknic

Quote:
That's assuming Peyton even wants a front office position after he retires. He may want to take a few years off to raise his twins. Or he may go into coaching, which I see as the more natural fit (he has already proven the ability to effectively call an offense).

I don't think that is really an issue though, because there is a lot of mutual respect between Elway and Manning. I'm sure Elway could find a place for Manning to work with the Broncos if that's truly what it takes to close the deal.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #3944
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Bay Area radio would be all over this if they even mentioned Peytons name in the HQs...they are busy breaking down the monta for bogut trade....Harbaugh wouldve already set up a throw and catch session like he did with moss...they are signing players left and right...they wouldve made a move by now..
For whatever reason, I think Harbaugh is actually sold on Smith as his guy.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #3945
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mayock just mentioned on ESPN that if the Broncos were to sign Manning, the first thing they shoukld do is offer Mike Wallace a ton of of money and give up that 1st round pick since he is a restricted free agent.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #3946
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
like i said there are several teams already in line for Peytons front office services at the end of his career...you think a guy like peyton would struggle to get a job in the NFL hes got several job positions he could jump right into...teams will be lining up to have him in their front office.....the colts first in line...
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #3947
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
More non-arguments. Solid.

You've become a caricature.
Says the guy who says a 3rd hand account of revelry at a restaurant means something.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #3948
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
That's assuming Peyton even wants a front office position after he retires. He may want to take a few years off to raise his twins. Or he may go into coaching, which I see as the more natural fit (he has already proven the ability to effectively call an offense).

I don't think that is really an issue though, because there is a lot of mutual respect between Elway and Manning. I'm sure Elway could find a place for Manning to work with the Broncos if that's truly what it takes to close the deal.
I don't think that if I were sitting on millions and millions of dollars, had a hot wife and two young daughters, that I'd take a thankless job in the front office of a team I didn't really care for wherein I would be taking orders from this guy:

But maybe I'm wrong.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #3949
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Mike Mayock reports Denver will sign Mike Wallace (Steelers) if Manning signs !!
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #3950
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Mayock just mentioned on ESPN that if the Broncos were to sign Manning, the first thing they shoukld do is offer Mike Wallace a ton of of money and give up that 1st round pick since he is a restricted free agent.
I was already supportive of a RFA tender to Wallace. The Broncos don't have a high draft pick this year, and you aren't going to find a better receiver out of the draft than Wallace.