The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #3901
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
You think Del Rio has contract offers ready to be signed? Or he can bump or raise them? We don't want the guys we want ( McClain ) to LEAVE Denver without signing. Having Del Rio eyeball them only, light workout thing, is kind of insulting to them. Can you please wait until John and coach Fox get back? They really want to talk to you guys.

All the firepower is on a plane to RDU. Including the Money guys.

If they don't have offers that are locks ready and on the table these guys might just flip them off.
That's what concerns me. These guys come out here expecting to meet with key people....and they're all gone. It's insulting to them.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #3902
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Using your calculations, how do you get 7-8?

Leave at 8:30.

+3 hours for flight = 11:30

+2 hour meeting = 1:30

+3 hour flight back = 4:30

Your time leaves an editional three hours for meeting with Manning, for five total, if they don't come back until 7:30. 7:30 isn't too late either. Take them to dinner after the defensive staff works them out.
No way they have a 2 hour window to land, meet, then get back to the plane. They'd spend 90% of that 2 hours just en route.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #3903
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
At times like this, I think it's important to use some basic logic. It makes no ****ing sense for Denver to send their entire front office across country to watch Peyton Manning throw if he's going to turn around and say **** you very much I'm signing with the Titans.

Elway and Xanders wouldn't do that. Manning wouldn't do that to the franchise.
Denver would very much do that. Remember who your talking about.

Manning is probably just enjoying the ego stroking after being told by the Colts that they didn't want him anymore.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #3904
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
This could be the very same deal, and we're flying out to bring him home. The report that it's a workout came from where?
Schefter, and therefore is law.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #3905
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
At times like this, I think it's important to use some basic logic. It makes no ****ing sense for Denver to send their entire front office across country to watch Peyton Manning throw if he's going to turn around and say **** you very much I'm signing with the Titans.

Elway and Xanders wouldn't do that. Manning wouldn't do that to the franchise.
Or they realize they're going to look like the biggest jackasses in the league if they don't get this, so nothing else really matters to them.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #3906
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Or they realize they're going to look like the biggest jackasses in the league if they don't get this, so nothing else really matters to them.
Not possible. Despite you not being in the league, you're actually quite a bit bigger jackass than anyone on the Broncos staff.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #3907
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yep, because let's face it, if they don't get Manning now, a Trufant or McClain isn't going to matter much in the end or make people say, "ah, no Manning, but at least we signed that beast Trufant."
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #3908
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Not possible. Despite you not being in the league, you're actually quite a bit bigger jackass than anyone on the Broncos staff.
Is that supposed to make sense?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #3909
Drunken.Broncoholic

What's with the reports that the EFX crew was at shanahans steakhouse last night celebrating like crazy? John fox being quoted as saying " tomorrow will be a good day"?

I don't think they would be celebrating a workout?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #3910
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No way they have a 2 hour window to land, meet, then get back to the plane. They'd spend 90% of that 2 hours just en route.
1. The flight also doesn't take a full three hours.

2. What is the distance from the airport to the workout place? I'm a little worried if you know this.

3. I added another three hours for them to get back in time for dinner.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #3911
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
What's with the reports that the EFX crew was at shanahans steakhouse last night celebrating like crazy? John fox being quoted as saying " tomorrow will be a good day"?

They wouldn't send contract guy Xanders for a workout, either.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #3912
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Wouldn't be surprised if Manning came back on the plane. Like people have said, Manning wouldn't waste the time of the entire front office if the Broncos weren't the #1 team at this point.

All of the Tennessee fan tweeting is absolutely hilarious. Some of them have openly hoped that the plane crashes into the Smoky Mountains. Its almost like they think Manning is an 18 yr old high school kid deciding between Alabama and the Vols. Pathetic.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #3913
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Sounds like a bull**** story from the ground up.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #3914
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Using your calculations, how do you get 7-8?

Leave at 8:30.

+3 hours for flight = 11:30

+2 hour meeting = 1:30

+3 hour flight back = 4:30

Your time leaves an editional three hours for meeting with Manning, for five total, if they don't come back until 7:30. 7:30 isn't too late either. Take them to dinner after the defensive staff works them out.
Because they aren't going to be beamed to the meet place. 30-45 minutes travel to work out spot. Getting clearances for flight plan , etc. 15 minutes.
They aren't taking the plane to the meeting place, and landing in the parking lot.

At best they make it back by 700P. If that happens its because PM is with them and they are picking him up, or he tells them no in the first Hour, and asks them to leave.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #3915
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Fox saved a ton of money by switching to Geico. Big day.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #3916
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Brian Xanders says "I love you"
Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #3917
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
My friend works there and the gang was really there. As far as being in "celebration mode" or anything, that's just conjecture. I should note that Xanders & Fox go to Shanahan's at least twice a week.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #3918
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if Manning came back on the plane. Like people have said, Manning wouldn't waste the time of the entire front office if the Broncos weren't the #1 team at this point.

All of the Tennessee fan tweeting is absolutely hilarious. Some of them have openly hoped that the plane crashes into the Smoky Mountains. Its almost like they think Manning is an 18 yr old high school kid deciding between Alabama and the Vols. Pathetic.
Manning wouldn't decide who got on the plane and who didn't to watch him work out.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #3919
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Funny, because that story came out 2 hours before the story that the team plane was flying for a workout in Raleigh. So... yeah...

I know you REALLY want to believe that we won't get a hall of fame quarterback so your precious Tebow can stay on and magically get to 50% completions, but come on. Maybe the story from Shanahan's is bull****. But it sure jives with everything else that's come out since.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #3920
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Funny Vic isn't being nearly as cocky as he was on Sunday.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #3921
ol#7

Quote:

If true, why wait until today to fly? If true, why send the staff instead of just a plane to pick him up? I call B.S. on the steakhouse story.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #3922
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Because they aren't going to be beamed to the meet place. 30-45 minutes travel to work out spot. Getting clearances for flight plan , etc. 15 minutes.
They aren't taking the plane to the meeting place, and landing in the parking lot.

At best they make it back by 700P. If that happens its because PM is with them and they are picking him up, or he tells them no in the first Hour, and asks them to leave.
You still are giving them 4-5 hours there, at the meeting, for them to get back at 7...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #3923
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
My friend works there and the gang was really there. As far as being in "celebration mode" or anything, that's just conjecture. I should note that Xanders & Fox go to Shanahan's at least twice a week.
Sounds like it's right up there with the team facility Peyton smile analysis we had going earlier this week.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #3924
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
they were most definetly there..the quote ? i dont know...the shenanigans at shanahans? thats confirmed by a cute little thing that works there...
Old 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #3925
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
I cut steak better than Xanders.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote