The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #3826
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
oh quit being a pessimist, besides the crow will taste great if I'm wrong.
Don't Jinx us you mother ****er. I changed my avatar and the bad news stopped.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #3827
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ESPN has learned Peyton Manning is working out for the Broncos today, but he does not make them the leader.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #3828
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
ESPN has learned Peyton Manning is working out for the Broncos today, but he does not make them the leader.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter[/url
He is really playing with us...
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #3829
rideco

Even if it is just a workout that bodes really well for us. Remember Peyton already has "the suit" with him so we just need peyton to get back on that plane for the return flight!!
rideco
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #3830
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
oh quit being a pessimist, besides the crow will taste great if I'm wrong.
I once opened a bottle of champagne and the Angels promptly fell apart and lost the World Series. I've never done that again.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #3831
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

☩ 1. supposedly John Fox and the broncos accountant (or whatever financial title he holds) were at shanahans steakhouse laste night, and the waiter asked fox " are you guys going to get your guy?" and fox supposedly replied "tomorrow is going to be a big day" with a big smile.

☩2. I guess a guy texted in and said his buddy is a real estate agent, and he said mrs. manning has been shopping for a house here in DENVER.

☩ 3. Bowlens plane is headed to raliegh n.c, and when asked if they can confirm this, they said "we have the tail numbers to bowlens plane, and according to flight aware it appears that way".

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #3832
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
As the glitter and glow of Bud's big offer get scrutinized next to the negatives of being a Titan the longer one looks at it the more cerebral and less emotional the decision becomes. Which favors Denver.

And I still don't think Manning is good for the long term competitiveness of this team so I'm not thrilled to agree with you but reality is what it is.

On the flipside, as many have said, it's Peyton Manning. Assuming the price is right (about $20M/yr), with protection clauses for injury to the neck (because just protecting against all injuries would be ludicrous from Manning's standpoing and he'd be right), and the Broncos have done their due diligence on his throwing etc then I have a hard time seeing how we totally lose in this deal. Short term we get Manning, if we don't get him we still have a long term plan in place. That said, without PM this FO better get its **** wired tight with respect to TT because playing QB is as much about confidence, swagger, and having the freedom to fail as it is about physical talent or mechanics and this FO just insists upon dragging TT's confidence through the outhouse ****ter and anyone who disagrees with that take is full of **** or hasn't been paying attention. Being a coach and managing players is part game part psychology.
You're asking Elway and company to go all in on McDaniel's roll of the dice. Why should they?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #3833
slatimer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Broncos traveling party includes Exec VP John Elway, HC John Fox, OC Mike McCoy, QB coach Adam Gase, GM Brian Xanders and a medical team.

per schefter
slatimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #3834
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I once opened a bottle of champagne and the Angels promptly fell apart and lost the World Series. I've never done that again.
After Fitgerald scored the TD against Pitt, I sat back, relaxed and thought, I am glad that's over...
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #3835
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

NFL ‏
Peyton Manning calls Dolphins, tells team they're out of running: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...out-of-running

I just think it has to be a telling sign that as the Bronco's fly to Durham to meet up with Manning, he's currently calling and letting a team know that he's out of the picture for them. I think in the next few hours we'll start hearing news our of AZ as well.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #3836
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatimer View Post
Broncos traveling party includes Exec VP John Elway, HC John Fox, OC Mike McCoy, QB coach Adam Gase, GM Brian Xanders and a medical team.

per schefter
Damn the whole squad, minus Bowlen but Bowlen doesn't need to be there.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #3837
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

So, what about Trufant and McClain...they coming in for midnight buffet madness?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #3838
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You're asking Elway and company to go all in on McDaniel's roll of the dice. Why should they?
Because building a great running game, solid OL, and defense are never a bad idea. No matter who is under center. If TT isn't the guy, what have they lost? We shouldn't be satisified with our FO putting us in a position where we need a Peyton Manning talent to truly compete and succeed. While QB is important they should be working to make it as much of a plug and play position as humanly possible by putting talent at all areas. I focus on a running game that is top knotch (Elway can agree with that), physical receivers (DT fits the need there), and stout lines.

On D that means working up the middle with good DTs, MLB, and safeties, putting speed on the outside. Champ is Champ; once in a lifetime talent and we are blessed to have him because he covers up a lot of deficiencies in the secondary and in the front seven because of his exceptional, by any standard, tackling ability and uncanny drive to meet RBs at the LOS and make the play rather than dive and pray or just getting out of the way (looking at you prime time).
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #3839
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
As the glitter and glow of Bud's big offer get scrutinized next to the negatives of being a Titan the longer one looks at it the more cerebral and less emotional the decision becomes. Which favors Denver.

And I still don't think Manning is good for the long term competitiveness of this team so I'm not thrilled to agree with you but reality is what it is.

On the flipside, as many have said, it's Peyton Manning. Assuming the price is right (about $20M/yr), with protection clauses for injury to the neck (because just protecting against all injuries would be ludicrous from Manning's standpoing and he'd be right), and the Broncos have done their due diligence on his throwing etc then I have a hard time seeing how we totally lose in this deal. Short term we get Manning, if we don't get him we still have a long term plan in place. That said, without PM this FO better get its **** wired tight with respect to TT because playing QB is as much about confidence, swagger, and having the freedom to fail as it is about physical talent or mechanics and this FO just insists upon dragging TT's confidence through the outhouse ****ter and anyone who disagrees with that take is full of **** or hasn't been paying attention. Being a coach and managing players is part game part psychology.
I don't see how paying Frankenpeyton more than Tom Brady (or anyone else in the league) is 'about right'

And the injury clauses mean next to nothing to me. You can get the money back, but you can't get what you would've done with that money back. If they pull the trigger on this, they'll be completely undoing what they said their long term plan was. And that was the right plan.

If they guarantee the guy 40, which is what everyone's saying, that's at least a 20 million hit for 2 years on the cap. Protection beyond that is almost worthless, because that's the point at which we're the 2011 Colts.

Starting over. Probably with no Champ. Von starting to think about where to go on his next contract, same with DT. Doom'll be looking to get his final big contract and will shop.

This team will completely expire all at once. Right in time for a 2012 Colts style fire sale. Except assuming Peyton plays us into an early playoff exit the year before, we'll have nothing resembling Andrew Luck to console us (or attract talent)

We're playing to become the 2011 Colts in 2014. Except with more downside. The only thing that makes the risk worth it is a trophy. And Manning's good for that once every 14 years, if you give him some of the best talent in the league.

This play by our front office is the dumbest risk the franchise has ever taken.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #3840
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatimer View Post

per schefter
Who the hell is meeting with the FA that are coming in today (Abraham, Trufant and Mcclain)

If they miss out on Mcclain I will be pissed, the other two...meh
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #3841
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
NFL ‏
Peyton Manning calls Dolphins, tells team they're out of running: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...out-of-running

I just think it has to be a telling sign that as the Bronco's fly to Durham to meet up with Manning, he's currently calling and letting a team know that he's out of the picture for them. I think in the next few hours we'll start hearing news our of AZ as well.
Flying the private charter to watch some pitch and catch doesn't add up. They saw, reportedly, pitch and catch during PM's time in Denver. I don't doubt that there may be some work out scheduled but as part wrapping the deal.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #3842
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/st...63356636676096

RT @mike_s_myers: Do you think Peyton signs today -----> no. broncos are all in. manning is not. yet.

Man If he is making them traipse all the way across county for this to not sign
that would be pretty lame.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #3843
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Damn the whole squad, minus Bowlen but Bowlen doesn't need to be there.
And maybe that's a way of saying this isn't an owner's decision but a football decision. Owners need to be owners and let their front office do their jobs. Makes Denver look like a professional, class organization and the Titans look like clowns. Wonder if that's the way Manning sees it?
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #3844
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Because building a great running game, solid OL, and defense are never a bad idea. No matter who is under center. If TT isn't the guy, what have they lost? We shouldn't be satisified with our FO putting us in a position where we need a Peyton Manning talent to truly compete and succeed. While QB is important they should be working to make it as much of a plug and play position as humanly possible by putting talent at all areas. I focus on a running game that is top knotch (Elway can agree with that), physical receivers (DT fits the need there), and stout lines.

On D that means working up the middle with good DTs, MLB, and safeties, putting speed on the outside. Champ is Champ; once in a lifetime talent and we are blessed to have him because he covers up a lot of deficiencies in the secondary and in the front seven because of his exceptional, by any standard, tackling ability and uncanny drive to meet RBs at the LOS and make the play rather than dive and pray or just getting out of the way (looking at you prime time).
I agree with the concept of building a team. Elway has been on a championship team. And if there's one guy who can appreciate the benefits of a good running game, I assure you, it's Elway.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #3845
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
NFL ‏

You'd think if he really knew the answer, he'd call the Cards first. They're the ones with the drop dead deadline this afternoon.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #3846
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I don't see how paying Frankenpeyton more than Tom Brady (or anyone else in the league) is 'about right'

And the injury clauses mean next to nothing to me. You can get the money back, but you can't get what you would've done with that money back. If they pull the trigger on this, they'll be completely undoing what they said their long term plan was. And that was the right plan.

If they guarantee the guy 40, which is what everyone's saying, that's at least a 20 million hit for 2 years on the cap. Protection beyond that is almost worthless, because that's the point at which we're the 2011 Colts.

Starting over. Probably with no Champ. Von starting to think about where to go on his next contract, same with DT. Doom'll be looking to get his final big contract and will shop.

This team will completely expire all at once. Right in time for a 2012 Colts style fire sale. Except assuming Peyton plays us into an early playoff exit the year before, we'll have nothing resembling Andrew Luck to console us (or attract talent)

We're playing to become the 2011 Colts in 2014. Except with more downside. The only thing that makes the risk worth it is a trophy. And Manning's good for that once every 14 years, if you give him some of the best talent in the league.

I know all of the downsides and I agree but, at the end of the day, I'm a hopeless optimist and I have to find the positive in this because the alternative is to give a **** about another team and I just don't have it in me to quit these f'ers. And that is probably what pisses me off the most. They got me by the nuts. DAMMIT!!!

I think de plane de plane is a STRONG signal this thing gets done today or tomorrow at the latest.

My prayer is that somehow TT ends up sticking around and learning, we upgrade at C and DL, we get Tolbert and draft Turbin and DT (among others) and win the whole. ****in. thing.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #3847
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
You'd think if he really knew the answer, he'd call the Cards first. They're the ones with the drop dead deadline this afternoon.
Maybe he did and they're not talking?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #3848
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

likely Bowlen and the assistant GM. Bowlen sends the primary guns to get Manning with his private jet and stays back to recruit the FA's coming in with the assistant GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Bronco Fan View Post
Who the hell is meeting with the FA that are coming in today (Abraham, Trufant and Mcclain)

If they miss out on Mcclain I will be pissed, the other two...meh
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #3849
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:

orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #3850
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Why else would anyone go into Raleigh?
Maybe to try to change his mind or give it one last shot?
Or maybe they are GIVING him the plane as an incentive?

I too think its to bring him to Denver....and start overpaying .
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote