The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #3751
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Ahhh yes, this should be a thread you know......here's how I went

Plummer guy all the way
Cutler guy even
Kyle Orton for half a heartbeat
Hated Kyle Orton......stil do
Love tebow
Want manning
Want to keep tebow
HATE MIKE MCCOY
Want manning so we can get rid of McCoy
Want tebow to learn from manning
Want tebow to actually play in an offense and not something my 5 year old does on the wii
Here's how i went, in smileys...
Plummer
Cutler
Orton
Tebow:
Manning??

Last edited by Anikai; 03-15-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #3752
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
As I said ...gut feeling. And as I said....what they do in the draft and for a vet backup will make things more clear. Actions speak louder than words.
Which is why I'm waiting to see what they actually DO, unlike Tony who feels every ridiculous disparaging remark he's ever made about Tebow is validated because we took a shot at one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #3753
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
As I said ...gut feeling. And as I said....what they do in the draft and for a vet backup will make things more clear. Actions speak louder than words. Too much in resources put into QB position ( assuming Manning goes to Tenn.) is a pretty loud action. Not definitive proof...but enough for most to make up their minds.

I'm not sure about Tebow either. But I think he deserves a shot this year.
I'd like to see him get it.
I think pre draft scouting says everything about what this franchise thinks of Tebow. You wouldn't look at a guy like Wheeden unless you seriously might consider him. He is NFL ready right now and at his age id not a QBOTF option he is a QB of the now option. If the scouting were about a backup potential guy to take over if Tim fails you look at a mid round guy, not someone being talked about as a late 1sf early 2nd round pick
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #3754
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
John Clayton is speculating that Hutchinson signed in TEN because Manning recruited him there...it could be the opposite too (TEN trying to entice him with another good player), but in any event, looks like Adams is going full bore to get this done.
I kind of get the sense that Clayton rarely knows what he's talking about these days, other than what he hears from being around Schefter.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #3755
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I think pre draft scouting says everything about what this franchise thinks of Tebow. You wouldn't look at a guy like Wheeden unless you seriously might consider him. He is NFL ready right now and at his age id not a QBOTF option he is a QB of the now option. If the scouting were about a backup potential guy to take over if Tim fails you look at a mid round guy, not someone being talked about as a late 1sf early 2nd round pick
He ran a spread in college just like every other qb that is labled a 'project' but since he's 28 he's NFL ready right now?

I think efx take this guy 2nd or 3rd, good fit for the team.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #3756
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Klis & Lombardi still seem real confident that Denver is his pick. Those two have been on top of this story since day 1 so hard to say they are in the wrong.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #3757
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I kind of get the sense that Clayton rarely knows what he's talking about these days, other than what he hears from being around Schefter.
Peyton and mort have the same agent... I think he knows exactly what is going on.

Edit: sorry thought you said mortensen.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #3758
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

There can be only one!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #3759
pricejj
jungle

1:09am @dmac1043 Back for one last tweet - I have reason to believe its goin down tmrw - and there is optimism. Nothing concrete but There is optimism.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #3760
pricejj
jungle

@sdrotar: @dmac1043 Little birdies have been telling me the same thing tonight. But nothing's ever done until it's... done.”true

@sdrotar: What's the saying? "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #3761
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

great tweets by dmac.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #3762
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not sure Whedon will be there by our pick in the 2nd RD with the new premium on QB's.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #3763
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

who the **** is dmac and which team's he talking about
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #3764
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
#Broncos
Old 03-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #3765
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Well if betting is anything to go by, the Titans are absolute clear favourites at this point.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #3766
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
DMac does a show on 104.3 the fan in Denver 3-6 with Alfred Williams.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #3767
pricejj
jungle

RT @Mabe412: @MikeKlis Still favorites for PM?>>Yes

9:48pm

...just to let you know it's not just dmac drama.

Last edited by pricejj; 03-16-2012 at 02:11 AM..
Old 03-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #3768
canadianbroncosfan

Maybe this was already mentioned, but am I the only one who thinks the longer removed from his meeting with the Titans, Manning waits the more it puts us on a level playing field?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #3769
ghostofjosh

lol in one post peyton is in lockdown nobody knows anything..next post he favors broncos...how would anyone know..i think theyre throwing **** at the wall at this point
Old 03-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #3770
BabyTO
Perennial Pro-bowler

^ Winner

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Timmy

i love how every denver reporter says denver is still peytons top choice

what the hell does he want here anyway. no receivers to throw the ball to, mccoy that asswipe coordinating the offense, a **** defense, no o-line, no GM position the titans offered...

he would be ****in retarded to pick denver over tennessee. at least there hes got some weapons around him with a solid defense
BabyTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #3771
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Maybe this was already mentioned, but am I the only one who thinks the longer removed from his meeting with the Titans, Manning waits the more it puts us on a level playing field?
I fully believe the reports that had him set on Denver when he originally cancelled the meeting with the Titans. I think if Peyton Manning wanted to be a Titan, he would be a Titan right now. There's no doubt in my mind that they've given him something to think about - but the reason this is taking so long is that he's having to make a change of heart to accept their offer. That's not easy - it's doable, but it's not easy.

I personally don't think he's got his mind made up at this point. I would imagine his head is swimming right now with possibilities on both sides. In the end, his heart will settle on where he feels the most comfortable. Let's hope it's Denver.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #3772
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTO View Post
i love how every denver reporter says denver is still peytons top choice

what the hell does he want here anyway. no receivers to throw the ball to, mccoy that asswipe coordinating the offense, a **** defense, no o-line, no GM position the titans offered...

he would be ****in retarded to pick denver over tennessee. at least there hes got some weapons around him with a solid defense
While I am just imagining...I think it was a heavy moment when Elway and Peyton sat together talking, as equals, and Elway said something like "I was 37 when I won here. I know what it takes and I know how to get you there"
What did Bud or anyone say from Tenn that matched that?

Coach and front office is big. Tenn has crap...Denver is much better here.

Denver is missing key position elements, fine. Peyton will hopefully bring a couple with him, he'll train receivers, and cap room takes care of the rest.

What's the other side? What does Tenn have that the Broncos couldn't match? I am not buying that money, GM job promises, and governor calls are what Peyton is looking for to sign the contract. Not even team ownership (which isn't supposed to be real anyway). That's all money and flash...the guy is already rich.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:52 AM   #3773
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post
While I am just imagining...I think it was a heavy moment when Elway and Peyton sat together talking, as equals, and Elway said something like "I was 37 when I won here. I know what it takes and I know how to get you there"
What did Bud or anyone say from Tenn that matched that?

Coach and front office is big. Tenn has crap...Denver is much better here.

Denver is missing key position elements, fine. Peyton will hopefully bring a couple with him, he'll train receivers, and cap room takes care of the rest.

What's the other side? What does Tenn have that the Broncos couldn't match? I am not buying that money, GM job promises, and governor calls are what Peyton is looking for to sign the contract. Not even team ownership (which isn't supposed to be real anyway). That's all money and flash...the guy is already rich.
Instead of just talking about it though, Tenn is actually improving their roster, hence the signing of Hutchinson. Just who is PM going to bring with him? The only Colts worth a damn have already been signed.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #3774
ghostofjosh

i look at it 2 ways...if tennesee offer was so good,why the hell hasnt he accepted it yet....then i thought,maybe there is so many complexities to it,there are legalities that have to be worked out with the nfl with ownership/front office etc, that he has already accepted,just seeing if it is legal..i just want this to end!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #3775
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
Instead of just talking about it though, Tenn is actually improving their roster, hence the signing of Hutchinson. Just who is PM going to bring with him? The only Colts worth a damn have already been signed.
Hutchinson is one guy. And Tennesee is pretty much out of cap space and has to clear some now if they do get Peyton.

Come on, don't treat the FA period like it's the end all be all. As a Colts fan, I don't even know about free agency. They've never picked up anyone worth a crap.
And there's still guys that just aren't in the top 20...there always is.

Not true about ex-Colts.
Jeff Saturday - UFA. Peyton's career center.
Ryan Diem - UFA, spent whole career on Peyton's line.
Dallas Clark - released by Colts
what about coaches? : Tom Moore has already been palling around with Peyton at Duke. Howard Mudd went to Philly after retiring from the Colts, and it wouldn't totally surprise me to see him show up, although I think Saturday could coach also if he'd rather not play