The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #3726
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
pretty sure you and Tony hold hands...
True story
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #3727
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
The qualifier (because I'm fairly confident you don't know what that means) where you said, "I could be wrong". Get it?
You are so FOS. Give me a break.

My quote, about which I've turned out to be 100 correct:
Quote:
I could be completley wrong. But I found his comments far from unequivocal. Instead of saying Tebow is the unquestioned future at the QB position he basically says he gets to start camp out as the starter. I think this says something, but again maybe I'm reading something in to nothing. But if you put all of Elway's comments together I don't think he's sold on Tebow and if he figures out a way to land a replacement he'll do it.
Your response, which looks even more foolish in hindsight than it did then:
Quote:
You're wrong. You're blinded by your hope that Tebow will flop.
You're exposed. The prosecution rests.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #3728
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Oh my. I don't know how to say this but you really sound like a woman right now-reading into stuff that's not there.

If I say I don't want to go because it's late, it does not mean that I don't want to go because I don't like your friends and I think your fat and therefore do not want to be seen with you.
I mean that's it's late at night and therefore I don't want to freaking go.
That's all Tony does; read into things based on his feelings. Now that you mention it, he is very much like a woman in that regard.

I say "I don't think we should sink resources into a QB until we know what we have with Tebow".

He hears "Elway believes Tebow is the unquestioned QBOTF and the best QB ever; a guaranteed HOFer"!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #3729
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Should we try to trade for Locker once Peyton officially signs with Tennessee? I seem to remember Elway being interested in him last year before the draft
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #3730
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You are so FOS. Give me a break.

My quote, about which I've turned out to be 100 correct:

Your response, which looks even more foolish in hindsight than it did then:

You're exposed. The prosecution rests.
I'm guessing you're not a lawyer.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #3731
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
I think thats the norm right now around the media and teams fanbase that have a shot at Manning.
It's comforting to know we're in company.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #3732
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't get why anyone would want hasselback. I have no interest in mediocre football unless he wants to come for dirt cheap. It just makes no sense, we will not win playoof games with him. To me, it's Tebow or bust, and move on in 2013 with a high draft pick
Hasselback strictly for backup. But he is the type of vet that can push Tim and at the same time be a good mentor. Not that I think he could beat him out. But he is accurate and savvy enough to function in case Tim gets hurt.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #3733
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

This place is funny. When I first joined here I loved certain posters, mostly because they were on the same side as me. Then another big issue came up and the crowd mixed into different sides again. Some of the posters I originally loved took the other side and they began to piss me off. Now we are at a crossroads again. It really is difficult to find posters that have been on the same side of the serious battles every time together for years.

I was a Plummer guy
I hated Cutler
Huge Tebow over Orton guy
Now a keep Tebow/Screw manning guy
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #3734
bombay
Ring of Famer

Manning is a focused, shrewd guy who is basing not only his immediate future but his legacy as well on the decision he will reach in the next few days, or has already reached. He won't be rushed into making his choice regardless of what any twittering twit may speculate about him. He is, as usual, approaching this matter with the thought and focus that has made his career what it has been. It's funny to me that so many people think they know something about what he may do, or even think they have some right to this information prior to when Manning is ready to make his announcement.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #3735
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Should we try to trade for Locker once Peyton officially signs with Tennessee? I seem to remember Elway being interested in him last year before the draft
I would be down with that. I watched him play at UW alot. He's fun to watch, has a great arm, and is athletic as hell.... but.what would we have to give up to get him? 2nd? 3rd?
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #3736
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

So whats been going on lately? Man I hate the doldrums of offseason!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #3737
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Hasselback strictly for backup. But he is the type of vet that can push Tim and at the same time be a good mentor. Not that I think he could beat him out. But he is accurate and savvy enough to function in case Tim gets hurt.
Only if he comes for cheap and is strictly a back up
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #3738
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
These are totally contradictory. I have never disagreed that they'll bring in QBs; that's a given. Tony is not talking about vets or late round picks.

True, but I argue that Tebow won the right to the job (manning aside here) based on leading this team to a division title and a playoff win.

What signs, exactly?
Gut feeling, or whatever. Elways faint praise and non committal commitments.

I LIKE Tebow. I also think he deserves to have the job. I wish they would truly try to develope him.

But, I don't think Elway really believes he can be developed, or that he wants to take the time. That remains to be seen. Elway knows that a lot of the fan base is invested in Tebow and likes him. He can go after a Manning and explain it away...Opportunity knocks!

But....
Investing in a high draft pick at QB when we have so many other needs would be one sign pointing to trying to replace Tebow. Scouting QBs that are going to be High round picks would be another. Therefore, I said a low pick is likely, since the fans are watching. Investing significant JACK in an unproven FA QB would also be a sign the fans would notice. Elways options are limited with FAs at QB.

Now ....., a reliable veteran QB that has been around and performed well...that is something he can justify again. Every team wants a reliable vet to bring along the Young-uns and back them up. Can't spend too much though. And a lower round pick that can be developed in 1-2 years and already has the skill set Tebow Doesn't...that can be done.

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory . I don't think it goes that far. But I think it also sounds like what the Broncos are doing.

We are going to have to wait and see. If we draft a qb high or spend too much on a FA QB it will be clearer.

I hope Tebow is working his tail off.
Maybe this Manning thing will motivate him to show Elway up.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #3739
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
This place is funny. When I first joined here I loved certain posters, mostly because they were on the same side as me. Then another big issue came up and the crowd mixed into different sides again. Some of the posters I originally loved took the other side and they began to piss me off. Now we are at a crossroads again. It really is difficult to find posters that have been on the same side of the serious battles every time together for years.

I was a Plummer guy
I hated Cutler
Huge Tebow over Orton guy
Now a keep Tebow/Screw manning guy

Ahhh yes, this should be a thread you know......here's how I went

Plummer guy all the way
Cutler guy even
Kyle Orton for half a heartbeat
Hated Kyle Orton......stil do
Love tebow
Want manning
Want to keep tebow
HATE MIKE MCCOY
Want manning so we can get rid of McCoy
Want tebow to learn from manning
Want tebow to actually play in an offense and not something my 5 year old does on the wii
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #3740
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
It's hard to know where Elway and the FO are on Tebow. If they were to go after Locker that would be announcing pretty much "Anybody but Tebow!" I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after a veteran backup, like Hasselbeck, to sit behind Tebow this season. My guess is that they'll wait until training camp and see how Tebow is progressing. I hope they don't waste a first round pick on a QB that has no chance of being our QBOTF, like Weeden, for example. If that's the route they want to take, go after Barkley next year. Going after Manning, who's about a hundred times better than Tebow, makes sense. After Manning, there's nobody else of that caliber available. Better just to stick with Tim and tough it out.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #3741
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Elways faint praise and non committal commitments.
Are evidence that he's not sure that Tebow is the QBOTF. There aren't many here other than MacGruber who are yet convinced he can be THE guy, why would Elway?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #3742
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

This will last into Sunday or Monday, mark it down. Mort said decision not imminent and Sharpe says Manning signs on Sunday/Monday. Both on Twitter, in case you haven't been obsessing on this and refreshing Twitter by the second!

So yeah some pretty tied in connections there.

Now watch it happens.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #3743
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
I would be down with that. I watched him play at UW alot. He's fun to watch, has a great arm, and is athletic as hell.... but.what would we have to give up to get him? 2nd? 3rd?

At least a 2nd would be my guess. 9th overall pick last year I believe so they wont let him go for nothing. Thing is I get the feeling Wheeden is the 1st round pick if we don't get Peyton, and if we are using that high of a pick I prefer Locker to Wheeden
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #3744
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
This will last into Sunday or Monday, mark it down. Mort said decision not imminent and Sharpe says Manning signs on Sunday/Monday.

So yeah some pretty tied in connections there.

Now watch it happens.
If that is true then AZ is out of it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #3745
BigCurly1230
Just Drafted

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Treadwell

Chris Mortensen@mortreport
  • RT @Bronco_LG: AZ's deadline to cut Kolb have any bearing on timing of Manning's decision? >> He'll be courteous in communication but no
BigCurly1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #3746
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If that is true then AZ is out of it.
Yeah but really at this point who knows. Probably not them either!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #3747
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

John Clayton is speculating that Hutchinson signed in TEN because Manning recruited him there...it could be the opposite too (TEN trying to entice him with another good player), but in any event, looks like Adams is going full bore to get this done.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #3748
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Are evidence that he's not sure that Tebow is the QBOTF. There aren't many here other than MacGruber who are yet convinced he can be THE guy, why would Elway?
As I said ...gut feeling. And as I said....what they do in the draft and for a vet backup will make things more clear. Actions speak louder than words. Too much in resources put into QB position ( assuming Manning goes to Tenn.) is a pretty loud action. Not definitive proof...but enough for most to make up their minds.

I'm not sure about Tebow either. But I think he deserves a shot this year.
I'd like to see him get it.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #3749
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
At least a 2nd would be my guess. 9th overall pick last year I believe so they wont let him go for nothing. Thing is I get the feeling Wheeden is the 1st round pick if we don't get Peyton, and if we are using that high of a pick I prefer Locker to Wheeden
Locker is going nowhere! Keep dreaming... He is a QBOTF on the cheap. They will cut Hasselback...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #3750
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
As I said ...gut feeling. And as I said....what they do in the draft and for a vet backup will make things more clear. Actions speak louder than words. Too much in resources put into QB position ( assuming Manning goes to Tenn.) is a pretty loud action. Not definitive proof...but enough for most to make up their minds.

I'm not sure about Tebow either. But I think he deserves a shot this year.
I'd like to see him get it.
And looking to draft a QB high in the draft is also an indicator they do not think Tebow is the answer.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote