The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #2901
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
jhns saying he's "right". Funny stuff. I say this:

He attacks me for it, says Elway has nothing to do with who the QB is, and calls me dumb. And then today claims he's "right".
You again prove to be too stupid for message boards. Learn to read.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #2902
CEH
Ring of Famer

Maybe we need to see what an offense can do to help out a defense that doesn't consistently go 5-6 straight 3 and outs? How about an offense that actaully extends a 2nd half lead?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #2903
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's not irrelevant at all. It just proves NO ONE wins a Super Bowl ranked dead last in passing.
Attempt the fewest passes, end with the fewest yards. Not rocket science.

If you look at yards per attempt, you'll see that Tebow edged out Cassel, Ponder, Painter, Bradford, McCoy, and Gabbert.

Or in other words, almost every young prospect in the league. And as an added bonus delivered the best rushing attack in football.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #2904
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I actually just heard Griese say that we had a top 5 OL....I almost shat myself
Chris Mortenson also said that...as did Simms...and if a QB gets in there that actually throws the ball instead of holding it, maybe they will show it....Orton 9 sacks in 5 games...tebow 33 in the rest....same Oline...different QB..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #2905
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
i noticed Spano is quiet today? maybe he realized its now time to insert foot in mouth...IMO Titans have the "95%" chance
Im done guessing until we actually hear. Putting a percentage on something like this is retarded
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #2906
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Of course, there are many things that don't make the stats sheet. How many plays did Tebow make that weren't in the playbook? In other words, how many times did he not read the D, break the pocket after his first read was covered, and then make something up that goes in the books as a completion? How much of the standard playbook was not even available because he can't do a three step drop and a quick out or throw a quick slant over the middle or a button hook? I charted every play in two games and Tebow threw one, quick button hook to Royal over the middle. And that one, Royal had to fall on because it was so low. No YAC. How many drops were from receivers running all over the field trying to make something up? That doesn't show up in the stats sheet.

Tebow is exciting to watch. No doubt. So is a demolition derby.

How do you plan ahead when so many plays are made up on the run?
Sure, I agree. I just think we have enough evidence with these players playing with a different, conventioanl QB to know that they don't suck BECAUSE of the QB. They mostly just suck.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #2907
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Attempt the fewest passes, end with the fewest yards. Not rocket science.

If you look at yards per attempt, you'll see that Tebow edged out Cassel, Ponder, Painter, Bradford, McCoy, and Gabbert.

Or in other words, pretty much every young prospect in the league. And as an added bonus delivered the best rushing attack in football.
Yards per Attempt drops with more completions....if a QB goes 2-20 for 100 yards hes got a 50 a completion....not rocket science..

i see you left Dalton and Cam off there...2 rookies

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 03-14-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #2908
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

You guys are literally arguing nonsense. It's both...it's everything last year from an oline/QB/defense perspective

I still don't understand why you people think Tennesse has some advantage...they don't.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #2909
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Not well. Unless you see making Tebow throw out of formations he and nobody else have ever thrown out of before was designed to improve his passing.

When Tebow excelled was when he had lots of receivers on the field spread out just like he did in Florida. Unfortunately we only gave that to him when we were behind and desperate.

I've still never had anyone show me a play where Cam Newton was throwing out of a 2WR set.
Unfortunately Fox may not be the best coach for Tebow, I agree with you on this. That being said, they absolutely changed the offense the fit his style of play, this you cannot reasonably deny. As for going with 3+ WRs sets to fit Tebow's style, we shall see if this happens if Manning goes elswhere. Again, I'd love for Tebow to work out, the question is can he work in Fox's system?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #2910
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
You guys are literally arguing nonsense. It's both...it's everything last year from an oline/QB/defense perspective

I still don't understand why you people think Tennesse has some advantage...they don't.
Agreed. Its just classic managing expectations by being negative
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #2911
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Titans had a better record than denver....better RB....better Oline....better WRs....better Defense..in a division where manning knows everything about the teams in it.....he sees 2 easy wins against the colts....titans also have a lunatic owner willing to give Manning millions upon millions of dollars and shares of ownership..

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 03-14-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #2912
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Unfortunately Fox may not be the best coach for Tebow, I agree with you on this. That being said, they absolutely changed the offense the fit his style of play, this you cannot reasonably deny. As for going with 3+ WRs sets to fit Tebow's style, we shall see if this happens if Manning goes elswhere. Again, I'd love for Tebow to work out, the question is can he work in Fox's system?
He wont be able to work in any system until he learns to read defenses and not panic when his first option is covered. I love his moxie, i love his skill when hes confident, but he never improved upon the mental side of his game all season. Maybe he's just not incredibly football smart, or maybe its something that comes with time.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #2913
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yards per Attempt drops with more completion....if a QB goes 2-20 for 100 yards hes got a 50 a completion....not rocket science..
"A" stands for Attempt. 2 for 20 for 100 yards would be a 5 ypa.

It's probably the most 'fair' single QB stat there is.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2914
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Titans had a better record than denver....better RB....better Oline....better WRs....better Defense..in a division where manning knows everything about the teams in it.....he sees 2 easy wins against the colts....
Better RB yes, if they are better anywhere else, its marginal.

I think Tenn's advantage is that he went to school there and his wife is from there. Thats it. I strongly believe they dont have any real football advantage.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2915
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
"A" stands for Attempt. 2 for 20 for 100 yards would be a 5 ypa.

It's probably the most 'fair' single QB stat there is.
oh i see what you are saying...my bad..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2916
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Titans had a better record than denver....better RB....better Oline....better WRs....better Defense..in a division where manning knows everything about the teams in it.....he sees 2 easy wins against the colts....
That sounds like a bunch of subjective crapola to me. They don't have better anything than us. And what about Peytons perfprmance over the past 10 years says to you that he'd have trouble learning any team anywhere at anytime? None. He's literally beaten everyone. So I find it hard to believe he'll make a life changing decision based on playing the Colts twice a year. Or playing in a dome. Or playing with different personal. Or playing for a dollar amount.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #2917
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

I think Tenn's advantage is that he went to school there and his wife is from there. Thats it. I strongly believe they dont have any real football advantage.
he likes that dirty south murky humid hot air...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #2918
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

I would think the in-laws angle gives Denver the edge, not Tennessee.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #2919
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Let's see, my beer drinking buddies live in Denver and my in-laws live in Tennessee...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #2920
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:

If it's down to that then there is no contest for me. Denver is a mile better place to live than anywhere in Tennesse.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #2921
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Chris Mortenson also said that...as did Simms...and if a QB gets in there that actually throws the ball instead of holding it, maybe they will show it....Orton 9 sacks in 5 games...tebow 33 in the rest....same Oline...different QB..
Our o-line's great at run blocking and average to slightly above average at pass blocking imo. That's probably good enough for top 5 but it's not like having the Pats' line back there in terms of pass protection.

Plus, first year starters tend to hold on to the ball a little longer, especially ones touted to be 3-4 year projects.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #2922
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Let's see, my beer drinking buddies live in Denver and my in-laws live in Tennessee...
The only disadvantage there is when the visit...it's an overnight trip.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #2923
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
Our o-line's great at run blocking and average to slightly above average at pass blocking imo. That's probably good enough for top 5 but it's not like having the Pats' line back there in terms of pass protection.

Plus, first year starters tend to hold on to the ball a little longer, especially ones touted to be 3-4 year projects.
Manning gets rid of the ball so quick that'll make our o-line seem like the best in the league. Manning protects the line with his study and preperation.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #2924
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
That sounds like a bunch of subjective crapola to me. They don't have better anything than us. And what about Peytons perfprmance over the past 10 years says to you that he'd have trouble learning any team anywhere at anytime? None. He's literally beaten everyone. So I find it hard to believe he'll make a life changing decision based on playing the Colts twice a year. Or playing in a dome. Or playing with different personal. Or playing for a dollar amount.
Tenn Den
Points per game 21st 25th
Total yards game 17th 23rd
Rush yards game 31st 1st
pass yards game 12th 31st

Defense
Points per game 8th 24th
total yards game 18th 20th
rush yards game 24th 22nd
pass yards game 14th 18th

titans lead in 6 of 8 catagories.....clearly not subjective.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #2925
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
.titans also have a lunatic owner willing to give Manning millions upon millions of dollars and shares of ownership..
The tried and true OMane method of repeating something enough times, maybe people will eventually believe it.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote