The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #2876
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Titans plane as supposed to go to Atlanta but got diverted to raleigh durham
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #2877
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'd guarantee we wouldn't have the #32 ranked passing game in the league under Manning.
Good thing no one is claiming that then...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #2878
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So your claim is that Peyton will upgrade our pass D? Or that he's had so much success beating NE (lulz) that history will surely repeat itself regardless of supporting cast (drenched in sarcasm in case you can't realize it )
I agree he isnt an upgrade on def but isnt less 3 and outs on off a good thing for our defense?
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #2879
OEII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'd guarantee we wouldn't have the best running game in the league under Manning.
You guarantee that? Oh well in that case with YOUR guarantee its a fact!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #2880
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
I agree he isnt an upgrade on def but isnt less 3 and outs on off a good thing for our defense?
You do realize that the defense got better with Tebow, right? You do realize that this makes your theory a really dumb one, right?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #2881
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Good thing no one is claiming that then...
Odd that you didn't call dedhed on his claim, which I was responding to.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #2882
OEII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
He actually would be an upgrade on defense. Playing from the lead will keep Elvis and Miller with thier ears pinned back rushing the passer, ahla Freeney and Mathis. Indy built it defense to Mannings style and that was thier down fall. I don't think Fox will do the same thing but with Manning we should see alot more production from Both Dumervile and Miller.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #2883
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos designed the offense around Tebow homey, not sure what your point is.
You've really got to stop getting all your Broncos news from Merrill Hoge.

Quote:
Turnovers did kill the Broncos in the first game. In the second game NE just knew what the Broncos were going to do and effectively shut the Broncos offense down.
Tebow wasn't going to win a shootout with Brady. Nobody does. If this team is going to spend the next decade stumbling between rookies until we find one that can win a shootout with maybe the best QB in the game... we'll be the new Cleveland Browns. Enjoy.

But you'll notice once Brady gets into the big games, the teams he was trouble with aren't the ones he can score at will on.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #2884
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEII View Post
I disagree. First, I think tebow fans are waking up a preverbal giant in bronco fans and PM or no PM, a very realistic 2-12 season posted by him as the QB next season would have him shipped out at the end of the year anyway. Tebow should thank Orton and McDummy for the recent lowered standard in Denver, because had the standards that got Shanny fired been in place last year, Tebow would have been ran out of town if not after the Detroit game, definitely after the buffalo game. Because of Orton and McDummy, Bronco fans have lowered its standards a bit; but Elway has not. The Manning move: whether they sign him or not, is genius in that it's waking up the fans to the standard set by him, Super Bowl contenders year in and year out. Once Bronco fans wake up after being asleep the last few years, Tebow's play simply is unacceptable, period!

Second, most Bronco fans love - LOVE - Elway's bold moves to win now. He knows nothing else’s and true Broncos fans know that about him. You need to wake up the realities of the NFL. Tebow has no guarantees. He knows that, and its time Tebow fans realize that. The NFL is business and its business is winning. Even a HOF'er like Manning gets replaced. Wake up.

Lastly, you’re standard for Manning and yet the low standard that you have for Tebow is funny. However, it means nothing. If Manning accepts a $20m+ a year contract, there is no doubt he is "super bowl caliber" so your empty "threats" to Elway is redic. Manning turned down a 100 million contract offered by the colts after his third neck surgery because he didn't want to waste the colt's money or cap space should he not recover. I live in Indy, and have a good vantage point with respect to Manning. He is a class act, and this isn't about the money its about his legacy right now. If he wasn't the Manning that everybody knows, he wouldn't be doing all this right now. If Elway signs him, Denver is a super bowl contender.

Oh and one more thing, If Elway gets this done Tebow fans have a lot more to worry about than simply his hurt feelings or how Manning plays. The way it looks right now, there isn't much of a market for Tebow. Should Denver not find anybody to trade with, they could release him. That means Tebow will not be in the NFL next year, and or could possibly be relegated to a practice squad. His leverage as a 1st round pick is only against the Broncos, no other team would have that. If Denver releases him, every other team would pick him up as a flyer, therefore Tebow had better learn to play QB or accept an H-back move because he will see the field or even be in the NFL if he dosen't.
Are you for real? Last year we accomplished something we had only done once since the the last time Elway played. We won a PLAYOFF game! Your logic is idiotic, what standards did Tebow fallow? Cutler went 2-3 in 2006 (with a really good defense) he then went 7-9 and latter 8-8. Lets not start with Orton! Talking about a QB getting run out of Town 5 games into his career. What a loser you are!!! Last year Tebow 7-4 and a playoff win!!! GTFO loser!!! At least try to be objective like most of the poster here FAG!!! (South Park reference)
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #2885
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEII View Post
He actually would be an upgrade on defense. Playing from the lead will keep Elvis and Miller with thier ears pinned back rushing the passer, ahla Freeney and Mathis. Indy built it defense to Mannings style and that was thier down fall. I don't think Fox will do the same thing but with Manning we should see alot more production from Both Dumervile and Miller.
So bring in manning and all of a sudden we are playing with a lead. Brilliant
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #2886
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This has been the most hilarious thing over the last few days hearing pundits talk about how much talent the Broncos have and implying Manning fixes the one, major weakness. From Colin, to pretty much every local host, to Griese, and of course the ESPN guys facing Skip- it's like they just can't pass up any opportunity to take a shot on Tim. This is just some of what I've heard this week:

* They have an amazing defense that carried them to wins despite Tebow (The defense did play well during the win streak but they're still with major flaws. Just look at their ranking and play against good QBs)

* The Broncos have a top 5 OL (Really? The same OL that most Tebow-doubters were destroying in their attempts to defend Orton because he didn't have any time? Rev can speak to the benefits a mobile QB gives an OL. BTW, they got destroyed by NE in the playoff game)

* They have the top run game in the NFL (Check their rushing stats before #15 went into the lineup and the zone-read was put in play.)

* Decker and DT are top WR prospects but you can't evaluate them with a QB like Tebow (I like both guys, DT looked pretty damn good with Tebow to me. Decker would probably benefit more from a conventional offense but the fact both guys dropped passes at such a high clip didn't help)

* J.Thomas was drafted with huge expectations but he cant play with Tebow either (So why were so many key passes of Tebows to Fells and Rosario?)

* Mike McCoy did an incredible job morphing a gameplan around his limited QB (I give him credit for not being stubborn but outside of the Steelers and Raiders games that had really innovative playcalling that attacked all areas of the field, did anyone love his playcalling? Especially in the Patriots playoff game?)

It is literally as if these clowns dismiss the team was 1-4 with Orton (or if they don't they just have to throw out that they finished 1-4, so I suppose touche) and the worst team in the league over the last two years before the switch. Tebow took over the same team Orton couldn't win with (minus their only Pro Bowler on offense actually) and at least had SOME success.

Now I'm not a Tebow homer- I have no clue if he's going to be a good QB, I doubt he can overcome an organization that doesn't support him and I completely recognize that they'll have difficulty recruiting players to join him on offense. But the way he's being buryed with facts being distorted is just irresponsible.
Of course, there are many things that don't make the stats sheet. How many plays did Tebow make that weren't in the playbook? In other words, how many times did he not read the D, break the pocket after his first read was covered, and then make something up that goes in the books as a completion? How much of the standard playbook was not even available because he can't do a three step drop and a quick out or throw a quick slant over the middle or a button hook? I charted every play in two games and Tebow threw one, quick button hook to Royal over the middle. And that one, Royal had to fall on because it was so low. No YAC. How many drops were from receivers running all over the field trying to make something up? That doesn't show up in the stats sheet.

Tebow is exciting to watch. No doubt. So is a demolition derby.

How do you plan ahead when so many plays are made up on the run?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #2887
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

At least Tebowners will be happy that he is our starting qb again in 12.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #2888
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'd guarantee we wouldn't have the best running game in the league under Manning.
Giants just proved you can have the 32 ranked rushing offense and win the Super Bowl. Last 5 super bowl winners how many ranked better in pass than rush?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #2889
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Odd that you didn't call dedhed on his claim, which I was responding to.
I see people claiming Manning should come here for the top run game. I don't see people claiming he shouldn't come here because the passing game will still suck... Odd that you don't understand this simple concept...
Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #2890
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So your claim is that Peyton will upgrade our pass D? Or that he's had so much success beating NE (lulz) that history will surely repeat itself regardless of supporting cast (drenched in sarcasm in case you can't realize it )
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #2891
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
At least Tebowners will be happy that he is our starting qb again in 12.
You know something we dont?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #2892
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Giants just proved you can have the 32 ranked rushing offense and win the Super Bowl. Last 5 super bowl winners how many ranked better in pass than rush?
Irrelevant. Nobody's saying you HAVE to have better running or better passing.

Only that you can't claim that Manning can have the strength of Tebow's running game and then improve passing on top. It's one or the other.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #2893
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Only that you can't claim that Manning can have the strength of Tebow's running game and then improve passing on top. It's one or the other.
Are we really still debating whether or not a full strength manning is a better option for the team than Tebow?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #2894
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
You've really got to stop getting all your Broncos news from Merrill Hoge.
So the Broncos didn't change the offense to fit Tebow?

Quote:
Tebow wasn't going to win a shootout with Brady. Nobody does. If this team is going to spend the next decade stumbling between rookies until we find one that can win a shootout with maybe the best QB in the game... we'll be the new Cleveland Browns. Enjoy.

But you'll notice once Brady gets into the big games, the teams he was trouble with aren't the ones he can score at will on.
I agree that good defense is key to winning big games. I also think an effective passing attack helps win games. Also, in big games things like turnovers are huge too. So basically playing mistake free football is the bottom line in big games.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #2895
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

It's not irrelevant at all. It just proves NO ONE wins a Super Bowl ranked dead last in passing.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #2896
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This has been the most hilarious thing over the last few days hearing pundits talk about how much talent the Broncos have and implying Manning fixes the one, major weakness. From Colin, to pretty much every local host, to Griese, and of course the ESPN guys facing Skip- it's like they just can't pass up any opportunity to take a shot on Tim. This is just some of what I've heard this week:

* They have an amazing defense that carried them to wins despite Tebow (The defense did play well during the win streak but they're still with major flaws. Just look at their ranking and play against good QBs)

* The Broncos have a top 5 OL (Really? The same OL that most Tebow-doubters were destroying in their attempts to defend Orton because he didn't have any time? Rev can speak to the benefits a mobile QB gives an OL. BTW, they got destroyed by NE in the playoff game)

* They have the top run game in the NFL (Check their rushing stats before #15 went into the lineup and the zone-read was put in play.)

* Decker and DT are top WR prospects but you can't evaluate them with a QB like Tebow (I like both guys, DT looked pretty damn good with Tebow to me. Decker would probably benefit more from a conventional offense but the fact both guys dropped passes at such a high clip didn't help)

* J.Thomas was drafted with huge expectations but he cant play with Tebow either (So why were so many key passes of Tebows to Fells and Rosario?)

* Mike McCoy did an incredible job morphing a gameplan around his limited QB (I give him credit for not being stubborn but outside of the Steelers and Raiders games that had really innovative playcalling that attacked all areas of the field, did anyone love his playcalling? Especially in the Patriots playoff game?)

It is literally as if these clowns dismiss the team was 1-4 with Orton (or if they don't they just have to throw out that they finished 1-4, so I suppose touche) and the worst team in the league over the last two years before the switch. Tebow took over the same team Orton couldn't win with (minus their only Pro Bowler on offense actually) and at least had SOME success.

Now I'm not a Tebow homer- I have no clue if he's going to be a good QB, I doubt he can overcome an organization that doesn't support him and I completely recognize that they'll have difficulty recruiting players to join him on offense. But the way he's being buryed with facts being distorted is just irresponsible.
^ That

And Im ****ing FINE with Manning (dont think hes coming here, but fine with it).

My problem is were still not doing jack or dick to improve a talent bereft football that, quite frankly, sucks dick at nearly every roster spot.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #2897
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
So the Broncos didn't change the offense to fit Tebow?
Not well. Unless you see making Tebow throw out of formations he and nobody else have ever thrown out of before was designed to improve his passing.

When Tebow excelled was when he had lots of receivers on the field spread out just like he did in Florida. Unfortunately we only gave that to him when we were behind and desperate.

I've still never had anyone show me a play where Cam Newton was throwing out of a 2WR set.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #2898
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I actually just heard Griese say that we had a top 5 OL....I almost shat myself
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #2899
TonyR
Franchise Poster

jhns saying he's "right". Funny stuff. I say this:

Quote:
Elway isn't sold on Tebow. His comments in this presser prove it. He didn't say unequivocally that Tebow is our starting QB. Instead he basically says that Tebow has earned the right to compete for the job next season, and will start that competition as the titular starter. Nothing more, nothing less. And that says a lot when you stop and think about it. Elway will spend the offseason trying to find a replacement.
He attacks me for it, says Elway has nothing to do with who the QB is, and calls me dumb. And then today claims he's "right".
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #2900
Drunken.Broncoholic

i noticed Spano is quiet today? maybe he realized its now time to insert foot in mouth...IMO Titans have the "95%" chance