The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #2851
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The Broncos brought in Tommy Maddox on Elway after he'd taken them to 3 SBs! It's the NFL. These things happen every year. Why does Tebow deserve to be any more pissed than Kolb or Locker?
Yeah, and that move might've been the end of Reeves. Kolb's been around 5 years and never done ****. Locker knows he's part of the long-term plan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #2852
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Bradshaw has/had huge disdaine for Elway due to Elway's snubbing of the Cults... Bradshaw is a bonefide assclown.
This
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #2853
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, and that move might've been the end of Reeves. Kolb's been around 5 years and never done ****. Locker knows he's part of the long-term plan.
You don't think Kolb considered himself the Cardinals QBOTF after signing a six year, $65 million dollar contract?

You just don't get it. This is the NFL. Not For Long. This has been going on for years! You Tebownites just sound like a bunch of whiners. I don't even hear Tebow whining about it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #2854
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This team hasn't got a snowballs' chance in hell of a title. Anyone who thinks Peyton Manning is all that separates this team from being the best in the league hasn't got a clue. And the FO is proving that that's exactly what they think.
If Manning is healthy, and I agree that this is still a big question, absolutely he makes this team much, much better. Following your argument if the Broncos are only let's say 50% there (as their 8-8 record indicates) then bringing in a healthy Manning auto upgrades this team to 12-4. Yes, add a few more pieces, especially on defense and this team is a SB contender.

Just because you want Tebow to be the Broncos QB (and I am a big Tebow fan too but I'm realistic about his ability to effectively throw the ball and a consistent basis) does not deminish the fact that Manning is a massive QB upgrade. Organically speaking of course...

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 03-14-2012 at 09:04 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #2855
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If Manning is healthy, and I agree that this is still a big question, absolutely he makes this team much, much better. Following your argument if the Broncos are only let's say 50% there (as their 8-8 record indicates) then bringing in a healthy Manning auto upgrades this team to 12-4. Yes, add a few more pieces, especially on defense and this team is a SB contender.

Just because you want Tebow to be the Broncos QB (and I am a big Tebow fan too but I'm realistic about his ability to effectively throw the ball and a consistent basis) does not deminish the fact that Manning is a massive QB upgrade. Biologically speaking of course...
Except Tebow's success with this team came largely from turning one of the (if not THE) worst rushing teams in the league to #1.

Acting like Manning comes into that scenario and just tacks onto what was already accomplished is silly. Manning undoes what Tebow accomplished and takes us back to a bottom 10 running game. There's pretty much no debating that.

So 8-8 becomes effectively meaningless. 4-12 and 1-4 more resembles the floor for Manning to build from.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #2856
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Except Tebow's success with this team came largely from turning one of the (if not THE) worst rushing teams in the league to #1.

Acting like Manning comes into that scenario and just tacks onto what was already accomplished is silly. Manning undoes what Tebow accomplished and takes us back to a bottom 10 running game. There's pretty much no debating that.

So 8-8 becomes effectively meaningless. 4-12 and 1-4 more resembles the floor for Manning to build from.
See, this type of argument effectively tells me you are not a Broncos fan. You are a Tebow fan and nothing more.

The Broncos squeaked out some wins with Tebow, was it fun to watch, yep. Did the ball bounce the Broncos way on some of those wins, yep. What's the old saying--it's better to be lucky than to be good--yep.

You want to credit all those wins to Tebow. Fact is, teams were not prepared to play against Tebow's spread option attack. However, towards the end of the season the Broncos were pretty much shut down. The Broncos went 1-3 in the last 4 games which sucks. The Broncos also got humiliated by the NE twice.

NE b**** slapped the Broncos twice in like 6 weeks. When the Broncos face teams with good QBs, they struggled.

I'd love for Tebow to become the next great Broncos QB but the way this team struggled at the end of the season tells me that Tebow is a lot farther away from being a franchis QB than many fans want to admit.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #2857
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,955

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

For the OP's Update: The End Is Nearing: Manning could be Denver .... Is there a link to this? Pretty please?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #2858
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

I like how people still think that Peyton isn't healthy.

If you are referring to this arm, there have been multiple reports on this, including one from his former teammate, that he's 100%. He's also brought film of his workouts at Duke to all of the teams.

If you are referring to his neck, doctors have cleared him to play. There have even been posters on this site who have had the same surgery/injury that say he's at the same level of risk than any other person (without the injury) would be.

I know some of you have an agenda and/or have your head in the sand, but Peyton's health isn't even a question here. If the Broncos get him, they get a 100% Peyton Manning.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #2859
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
See, this type of argument effectively tells me you are not a Broncos fan. You are a Tebow fan and nothing more.

The Broncos squeaked out some wins with Tebow, was it fun to watch, yep. Did the ball bounce the Broncos way on some of those wins, yep. What's the old saying--it's better to be lucky than to be good--yep.

You want to credit all those wins to Tebow. Fact is, teams were not prepared to play against Tebow's spread option attack. However, towards the end of the season the Broncos were pretty much shut down. The Broncos went 1-3 in the last 4 games which sucks. The Broncos also got humiliated by the NE twice.

NE b**** slapped the Broncos twice in like 6 weeks. When the Broncos face teams with good QBs, they struggled.

I'd love for Tebow to become the next great Broncos QB but the way this team struggled at the end of the season tells me that Tebow is a lot farther away from being a franchis QB than many fans want to admit.
It was his first year starting and he was killing the Pats the first time around. He was injured the second time. You just pointed out that the defense is the problem, and used it as evidence against Tebow. He just went 8-5, with a playoff win, with one of the worst teams in the league.

You haters are morons.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #2860
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
It was his first year starting and he was killing the Pats the first time around. He was injured the second time. You just pointed out that the defense is the problem, and used it as evidence against Tebow. He just went 8-5, with a playoff win, with one of the worst teams in the league.

You haters are morons.
Not a hater, just realistic about Tebow. That ok with you McShanafan?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #2861
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
See, this type of argument effectively tells me you are not a Broncos fan. You are a Tebow fan and nothing more.

The Broncos squeaked out some wins with Tebow, was it fun to watch, yep. Did the ball bounce the Broncos way on some of those wins, yep. What's the old saying--it's better to be lucky than to be good--yep.

You want to credit all those wins to Tebow. Fact is, teams were not prepared to play against Tebow's spread option attack. However, towards the end of the season the Broncos were pretty much shut down. The Broncos went 1-3 in the last 4 games which sucks. The Broncos also got humiliated by the NE twice.

NE b**** slapped the Broncos twice in like 6 weeks. When the Broncos face teams with good QBs, they struggled.

I'd love for Tebow to become the next great Broncos QB but the way this team struggled at the end of the season tells me that Tebow is a lot farther away from being a franchis QB than many fans want to admit.
So your claim is that Peyton will upgrade our pass D? Or that he's had so much success beating NE (lulz) that history will surely repeat itself regardless of supporting cast (drenched in sarcasm in case you can't realize it )
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #2862
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Except Tebow's success with this team came largely from turning one of the (if not THE) worst rushing teams in the league to #1.
Manning undoes what Tebow accomplished and takes us back to a bottom 10 running game. There's pretty much no debating that.

So 8-8 becomes effectively meaningless. 4-12 and 1-4 more resembles the floor for Manning to build from.


Because we all know that a HOF QB who can throw darts with pinpoint accuracy all-over the field off of play action and get teams into personnel mismatches all over the field. We all know that's going to do terrible things to a team's ability to run the ball.
razorwire77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #2863
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Not a hater, just realistic about Tebow. That ok with you McShanafan?
That isn't close to being realistic...

You are a moron.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #2864
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You want to credit all those wins to Tebow. Fact is, teams were not prepared to play against Tebow's spread option attack. However, towards the end of the season the Broncos were pretty much shut down. The Broncos went 1-3 in the last 4 games which sucks. The Broncos also got humiliated by the NE twice.
See this is the type of argument that effectively tells me you're not a football fan.

We were not playing a spread option offense. You can't run a "SPREAD" (keyword) offense with 2 receivers on the field. It defies the definition. McCoy's alignments were completely unfamilar to Tebow, who had no offseason and not a single week of reps with his receivers before being thrown in after "Best Chance to Win"

Quote:
NE b**** slapped the Broncos twice in like 6 weeks. When the Broncos face teams with good QBs, they struggled.
Tebow played well in the first NE game. Nearly 300 total yards, some turnovers (1 was his) Offense moved pretty well. The D had no answer for Brady or Gronk/Hernandez. And in the playoff game the O-Line put on the worst performance in years, with a complete meltdown by the D.

Tebow could never have won either of those games. And neither could Manning. The Broncos were plainly and obviously outgunned from top to bottom.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #2865
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So your claim is that Peyton will upgrade our pass D? Or that he's had so much success beating NE (lulz) that history will surely repeat itself regardless of supporting cast (drenched in sarcasm in case you can't realize it )
nope, never said that at all. I said the Broncos are still a few pieces away, especially on defense.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #2866
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post


Because we all know that a HOF QB who can throw darts with pinpoint accuracy all-over the field off of play action and get teams into personnel mismatches all over the field. We all know that's going to do terrible things to a team's ability to run the ball.
We've already been over this. The Colts run game has been **** for a long long time. They basically stopped trying shortly after Edge left.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #2867
OEII
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, mostly that... and they better not just ice the kid to keep things quiet. Elway would have to swallow his ego, stop with the douchebaggery and stick to his word to do everything possible to develop Tim.

But with Manning, I don't see that happening. I've just got a feeling John thinks he can ship Tim once Manning's here and nobody would care. I think he's waking the proverbial sleeping giant, especially if Peyton looks like anything less than Super Bowl caliber.
I disagree. First, I think tebow fans are waking up a preverbal giant in bronco fans and PM or no PM, a very realistic 2-12 season posted by him as the QB next season would have him shipped out at the end of the year anyway. Tebow should thank Orton and McDummy for the recent lowered standard in Denver, because had the standards that got Shanny fired been in place last year, Tebow would have been ran out of town if not after the Detroit game, definitely after the buffalo game. Because of Orton and McDummy, Bronco fans have lowered its standards a bit; but Elway has not. The Manning move: whether they sign him or not, is genius in that it's waking up the fans to the standard set by him, Super Bowl contenders year in and year out. Once Bronco fans wake up after being asleep the last few years, Tebow's play simply is unacceptable, period!

Second, most Bronco fans love - LOVE - Elway's bold moves to win now. He knows nothing else’s and true Broncos fans know that about him. You need to wake up the realities of the NFL. Tebow has no guarantees. He knows that, and its time Tebow fans realize that. The NFL is business and its business is winning. Even a HOF'er like Manning gets replaced. Wake up.

Lastly, you’re standard for Manning and yet the low standard that you have for Tebow is funny. However, it means nothing. If Manning accepts a $20m+ a year contract, there is no doubt he is "super bowl caliber" so your empty "threats" to Elway is redic. Manning turned down a 100 million contract offered by the colts after his third neck surgery because he didn't want to waste the colt's money or cap space should he not recover. I live in Indy, and have a good vantage point with respect to Manning. He is a class act, and this isn't about the money its about his legacy right now. If he wasn't the Manning that everybody knows, he wouldn't be doing all this right now. If Elway signs him, Denver is a super bowl contender.

Oh and one more thing, If Elway gets this done Tebow fans have a lot more to worry about than simply his hurt feelings or how Manning plays. The way it looks right now, there isn't much of a market for Tebow. Should Denver not find anybody to trade with, they could release him. That means Tebow will not be in the NFL next year, and or could possibly be relegated to a practice squad. His leverage as a 1st round pick is only against the Broncos, no other team would have that. If Denver releases him, every other team would pick him up as a flyer, therefore Tebow had better learn to play QB or accept an H-back move because he will see the field or even be in the NFL if he dosen't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #2868
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post


Because we all know that a HOF QB who can throw darts with pinpoint accuracy all-over the field off of play action and get teams into personnel mismatches all over the field. We all know that's going to do terrible things to a team's ability to run the ball.
I'd guarantee we wouldn't have the best running game in the league under Manning.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #2869
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Every time jhns shows up, the thread goes into the toilet.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #2870
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Every time jhns shows up, the thread goes into the toilet.
So...?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #2871
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Every time jhns shows up, the thread goes into the toilet.
Here, enjoy some epic jhns fail:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=137
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #2872
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You're kidding yourself about Denvers OL and WRs.

Have you seen Tenn's young WRs? The difference between them and Den's is they've actually accomplished what we HOPE DT can amount to.

Larry Fitzgerald? Don't need to even mention anyone else.

Miami MIGHT be worse off than we are in receiving options, but between Bush and Fasano and some young wideouts, I wouldn't bank on that either.
This has been the most hilarious thing over the last few days hearing pundits talk about how much talent the Broncos have and implying Manning fixes the one, major weakness. From Colin, to pretty much every local host, to Griese, and of course the ESPN guys facing Skip- it's like they just can't pass up any opportunity to take a shot on Tim. This is just some of what I've heard this week:

* They have an amazing defense that carried them to wins despite Tebow (The defense did play well during the win streak but they're still with major flaws. Just look at their ranking and play against good QBs)

* The Broncos have a top 5 OL (Really? The same OL that most Tebow-doubters were destroying in their attempts to defend Orton because he didn't have any time? Rev can speak to the benefits a mobile QB gives an OL. BTW, they got destroyed by NE in the playoff game)

* They have the top run game in the NFL (Check their rushing stats before #15 went into the lineup and the zone-read was put in play.)

* Decker and DT are top WR prospects but you can't evaluate them with a QB like Tebow (I like both guys, DT looked pretty damn good with Tebow to me. Decker would probably benefit more from a conventional offense but the fact both guys dropped passes at such a high clip didn't help)

* J.Thomas was drafted with huge expectations but he cant play with Tebow either (So why were so many key passes of Tebows to Fells and Rosario?)

* Mike McCoy did an incredible job morphing a gameplan around his limited QB (I give him credit for not being stubborn but outside of the Steelers and Raiders games that had really innovative playcalling that attacked all areas of the field, did anyone love his playcalling? Especially in the Patriots playoff game?)

It is literally as if these clowns dismiss the team was 1-4 with Orton (or if they don't they just have to throw out that they finished 1-4, so I suppose touche) and the worst team in the league over the last two years before the switch. Tebow took over the same team Orton couldn't win with (minus their only Pro Bowler on offense actually) and at least had SOME success.

Now I'm not a Tebow homer- I have no clue if he's going to be a good QB, I doubt he can overcome an organization that doesn't support him and I completely recognize that they'll have difficulty recruiting players to join him on offense. But the way he's being buryed with facts being distorted is just irresponsible.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #2873
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
By being right?



You are an idiot.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #2874
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
See this is the type of argument that effectively tells me you're not a football fan.

We were not playing a spread option offense. You can't run a "SPREAD" (keyword) offense with 2 receivers on the field. It defies the definition. McCoy's alignments were completely unfamilar to Tebow, who had no offseason and not a single week of reps with his receivers before being thrown in after "Best Chance to Win".
The Broncos designed the offense around Tebow homey, not sure what your point is.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Tebow played well in the first NE game. Nearly 300 total yards, some turnovers (1 was his) Offense moved pretty well. The D had no answer for Brady or Gronk/Hernandez. And in the playoff game the O-Line put on the worst performance in years, with a complete meltdown by the D.

Tebow could never have won either of those games. And neither could Manning. The Broncos were plainly and obviously outgunned from top to bottom.
Turnovers did kill the Broncos in the first game. In the second game NE just knew what the Broncos were going to do and effectively shut the Broncos offense down.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #2875
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'd guarantee we wouldn't have the best running game in the league under Manning.
I'd guarantee we wouldn't have the #32 ranked passing game in the league under Manning.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Denver Broncos