The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #2826
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Anyone else getting fed up with this Manning BS?
Ain't that the truth?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #2827
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I didn't like it when they brought in Elway. I thought that was a nasty, punk-ass trick he pulled on Baltimore. And Morton had just had his best season, so that was a stab in his back. I got over it.
WTF are you talking about. Morton retired before the season ended the year before.

If you are trying to remember when they stabbed Morton in the back, it was after the SB when they gave up a 1st round pick for Matt Robinson.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #2828
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
or maybe I will... There is not a talent evaluator in the HISTORY of the NFL that would have picked Tebow over Peyton after reviewing their first 16 games as a pro.
No, but a lot of them would've continued telling you that Ryan Leaf was the better bet. There's no good way to know until you know.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #2829
Dukes
Ring of Famer

At this point I don't really care either way. I'm over it. Unfortunately, the damage has been done with Tebows relationship IMO and we will be left without Manning signing and Tebow asking for a trade.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #2830
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

At this pt, I'd take a DT and see how Timmy can do.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #2831
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I didn't like it when they brought in Elway. I thought that was a nasty, punk-ass trick he pulled on Baltimore. And Morton had just had his best season, so that was a stab in his back. I got over it.
If true you were the only one.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #2832
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
WTF are you talking about. Morton retired before the season ended the year before.

If you are trying to remember when they stabbed Morton in the back, it was after the SB when they gave up a 1st round pick for Matt Robinson.
Eh? I guess I shouldn't rely on my memory. It seems to have blended a few things.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #2833
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

As I recall, Morton's arm was just done. The trade to the Jests was just desperation. I don't recall how we ended up with DeBerg.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #2834
ol#7

Quote:
Eh? I guess I shouldn't rely on my memory. It seems to have blended a few things.
Morton lit up the league in 81 (no pro bowl for some reason), then his body quit on him in 82 during the strike year. He thought about coming back in 83 as a mentor to Elway, but couldn't physically do it. An old broken down Morton still beat out DeBerg in training camp in 82 though hehehe.

Read 'Then Morton Said to Elway' sometime, great accounting of the Broncos from 77 onwards. Love me some Craig Morton!

Everyone (outside of Denver) hated Elway for pulling that on the Colts. Until then no one had the leverage to do it, and FA was a few years away. Bradshaw in particular ripped him a new one.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #2835
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Well if Tebow sits for a year or two behind Manning I can understand that (sort of) I'm talking about if they dump him this year because they have Manning.
Yeah, mostly that... and they better not just ice the kid to keep things quiet. Elway would have to swallow his ego, stop with the douchebaggery and stick to his word to do everything possible to develop Tim.

But with Manning, I don't see that happening. I've just got a feeling John thinks he can ship Tim once Manning's here and nobody would care. I think he's waking the proverbial sleeping giant, especially if Peyton looks like anything less than Super Bowl caliber.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #2836
Navy Broncos Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
I don't know about the offense part. Denver has pieces, particularly young WRs, and a pretty darn good OL. I have concerns about whether DT is ready to be a true #1 WR, but beyond that I think this offense could be good with a QB of Peyton's caliber.

Defense and special teams are another story.

Where is this great offensive line everyone likes to claim about? we gave up the 9th most sacks this year. About 1 out of 10 pass plays this team attempted was a sack.

A younger Payton would be great, but 36 year old Payton just seems like a risk. If we get him I hope I am wrong, but if we don't get him lets continue to build this group we have going.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #2837
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Morton lit up the league in 81 (no pro bowl for some reason), then his body quit on him in 82 during the strike year. He thought about coming back in 83 as a mentor to Elway, but couldn't physically do it. An old broken down Morton still beat out DeBerg in training camp in 82 though hehehe.

Read 'Then Morton Said to Elway' sometime, great accounting of the Broncos from 77 onwards. Love me some Craig Morton!

Everyone (outside of Denver) hated Elway for pulling that on the Colts. Until then no one had the leverage to do it, and FA was a few years away. Bradshaw in particular ripped him a new one.
Bradshaw has/had huge disdaine for Elway due to Elway's snubbing of the Cults... Bradshaw is a bonefide assclown.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #2838
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

peyton stopped by and said hi, threw a few balls in Castle Rock

Tebow is still here.

Free agency started yesterday and the broncos are still on the sideline

with no deal announced yesterday and Wayne resigning with the Colts, I'm moving on.

so far this is similar to last offseason.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #2839
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You're kidding yourself about Denvers OL and WRs.

Have you seen Tenn's young WRs? The difference between them and Den's is they've actually accomplished what we HOPE DT can amount to.

Larry Fitzgerald? Don't need to even mention anyone else.

Miami MIGHT be worse off than we are in receiving options, but between Bush and Fasano and some young wideouts, I wouldn't bank on that either.
but really, it's hard to know the progress of Denvers WRs simply because a good QB makes WRs better and let's face it, Tebow is not a WRs bff. Maybe Manning makes this crew better?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #2840
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Bradshaw has/had huge disdaine for Elway due to Elway's snubbing of the Cults... Bradshaw is a bonefide assclown.
Yeah, Bradshaw ripped him while still playing because Elway said he hoped to win as many rings as him. Elway had intimated how much he looked up to Bradshaw and then Bradshaw basically spit in his face for the next several years. On the plus side, Bradshaw looked like a gawking fool when Denver won the SB.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #2841
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Maybe Manning makes this crew better?
Book it. Let's spend $100 million and find out.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #2842
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

The original #7. I remember not thinking too highly of Elway at first, for doing that to the Colts. I also remember back in those days being disgusted that Gastineau would celebrate after a sack. It just wasn't done. Times change.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #2843
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yeah, Bradshaw ripped him while still playing because Elway said he hoped to win as many rings as him. Elway had intimated how much he looked up to Bradshaw and then Bradshaw basically spit in his face for the next several years. On the plus side, Bradshaw looked like a gawking fool when Denver won the SB.
You'd think Johnny might've learned a life lesson in that whole scenario. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's the case.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #2844
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
peyton stopped by and said hi, threw a few balls in Castle Rock

Tebow is still here.

Free agency started yesterday and the broncos are still on the sideline

with no deal announced yesterday and Wayne resigning with the Colts, I'm moving on.

so far this is similar to last offseason.
The thing is, Manning legitimately might not be in a big hurry to make up his mind. If he decides to drag this out, then what the heck do we do? Everyone else in the running are making other moves whether he comes or not, and it is just crickets around dove valley.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #2845
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Book it. Let's spend $100 million and find out.
you gonna be ok homey? You need a tree to hug? I know that the Broncos winning isn't your highest priority... maybe a wheatgrass enema will help?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #2846
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
The thing is, Manning legitimately might not be in a big hurry to make up his mind. If he decides to drag this out, then what the heck do we do? Everyone else in the running are making other moves whether he comes or not, and it is just crickets around dove valley.
since Shanny left, the Broncos have mostly sat on the sidelines on opening day of free agency. Maybe this is the plan (again)?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #2847
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
but really, it's hard to know the progress of Denvers WRs simply because a good QB makes WRs better and let's face it, Tebow is not a WRs bff. Maybe Manning makes this crew better?
Duh

But what was Skelton for Fitzgerald...?

What was Kerry Collins and Vince Young doing for Britt...?

Matt Moore for Miami's group...?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #2848
ol#7

Quote:
The original #7. I remember not thinking too highly of Elway at first, for doing that to the Colts. I also remember back in those days being disgusted that Gastineau would celebrate after a sack. It just wasn't done. Times change.
In fairness Elway fell kind of flat out of the gate. Lining up under the guard, looking lost, he was turning into a punchline.

For years and years I had a Rocky Mountian News that depicted a confused and befuddled Elway mocking him as King John after his rookie year. When Kubiak came in and won a game that year, the media actually had a report joking about a 3 way QB controversy. People were ready to bail on Elway. If they had tried to hold onto DeBerg it could have gotten ugly. This before the internet age.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #2849
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You'd think Johnny might've learned a life lesson in that whole scenario. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's the case.
The Broncos brought in Tommy Maddox on Elway after he'd taken them to 3 SBs! It's the NFL. These things happen every year. Why does Tebow deserve to be any more pissed than Kolb or Locker?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #2850
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
you gonna be ok homey? You need a tree to hug? I know that the Broncos winning isn't your highest priority... maybe a wheatgrass enema will help?
This team hasn't got a snowballs' chance in hell of a title. Anyone who thinks Peyton Manning is all that separates this team from being the best in the league hasn't got a clue. And the FO is proving that that's exactly what they think.