The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #2801
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
I don't think you have to "out bid" him. I think you just have to pay a steeper price than you wanted. I don't think he really wants to play for TEN.

Every fan is different and you are all entitled to your opinion, but if I had to flip a coin between

a) Building a team around Tim Tebow and hoping he grows into the QB we all want him to be

AND

b) Pay Peyton and hope he's healthy and that the other pieces fall into place to make a Super Bowl run

I am taking B every day of the week. We cannot expect to win football games hoping for Marion Barber to run out bounds, Miami to botch an on-side kick, and Pittsburgh to give up three 50+ yard pass plays on a consistent basis. It was a fun ride, but it is NOT sustainable.

The Broncos have already told you what they think of Tebow. If it is not Peyton, they will be looking for another QB.
Dude it was his FIRST 16 GAMES. Don't know if you noticed, but Peypey was 3 and 13 his first season.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #2802
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Come to Tennessee, Peyton!

Bring your banjo!
He has a house there and went to school there. That picture is of his neighbor, Lit Prof. and Dentist. Going to have to do better than that.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #2803
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I can appreciate the sentiment. I honestly don't know if it will make me angry enough to go that far. I've decided to hold back final judgement until I see what they do with/how they treat Tebow.

I can't imagine a fall not caring about the Denver Broncos. But maybe it'll just happen. Maybe I just won't care as much or at all. Whatever happens, I think I'll just let it happen organically based on how I feel.

I doubt I'm going to go out and burn all my Broncos stuff or anything. Other than maybe the Elway fathead.
and hugging a tree helps too bro. hug that tree, hug it!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #2804
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Let's see, should I go where my wife's family lives, or should I go where my buddies live and I can spend most of the summer with my buds, hanging out at Coors Field when I'm not practicing?

Decisions, decisions.
I think the idea that his wife is from Ten is a bit over played. Would you want to live next to your in-laws? Kidding aside, these guys travel a lot and so do their families. Stokely and Lynch sold him hard on living in Denver after retirement -- most pro athletes that live here and move on continue to own homes so they can retire here.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #2805
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
He has a house there and went to school there. That picture is of his neighbor, Lit Prof. and Dentist. Going to have to do better than that.
Awesome. Now I have to know which one is which.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #2806
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I think the idea that his wife is from Ten is a bit over played. Would you want to live next to your in-laws? Kidding aside, these guys travel a lot and so do their families. Stokely and Lynch sold him hard on living in Denver after retirement -- most pro athletes that live here and move on continue to own homes so they can retire here.
And Elway took him to the 19th hole at Cherry Hills. That's got to count for something.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #2807
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Come to Tennessee, Peyton!

Bring your banjo!
Peyton sure has a pretty mouth.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #2808
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
And Elway took him to the 19th hole at Cherry Hills. That's got to count for something.
I think Peyton's sticking it in their 2 hole.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #2809
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Dude it was his FIRST 16 GAMES. Don't know if you noticed, but Peypey was 3 and 13 his first season.
I won't even bother arguing with this kind of logic.

or maybe I will... There is not a talent evaluator in the HISTORY of the NFL that would have picked Tebow over Peyton after reviewing their first 16 games as a pro. To try and compare the two is beyond absurd.

You have a much better shot arguing that Peyton is old and injured and Tebow is young and still somewhat unknown.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #2810
Butterscotch Stallion

beavis, just let it go. this place is full of more rotten vaginas than a gynos lobby. dont fight it. you will only go mad.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #2811
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

or maybe I will... There is not a talent evaluator in the HISTORY of the NFL that would have picked Tebow over Peyton after reviewing their first 16 games as a pro. To try and compare the two is beyond absurd.

You have a much better shot arguing that Peyton is old and injured and Tebow is young and still somewhat unknown.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a direct comparison but rather a calm the f down and let the kid have a chance to breathe plea for sanity...comparison.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #2812
ol#7

Quote:

That is not an argument, that is the truth. TT is young and unproven and PM is old and injured. One is under contract for a few million the next 3 years, the other will require the estimated GDP of a small island nation to sign.

Point being, does PM carry enough upside to justify the move, given that 2/3'rds of the roster is incomplete?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #2813
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
That is not an argument, that is the truth. TT is young and unproven and PM is old and injured. One is under contract for a few million the next 3 years, the other will require the estimated GDP of a small island nation to sign.

Point being, does PM carry enough upside to justify the move, given that 2/3'rds of the roster is incomplete?
it depends if you value teams like the steelers or teams like the redskins.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #2814
TonyR
Franchise Poster

11:14 AM This one from Mort is a bit cryptic, not necessarily in a good way: Peyton Manning has not eliminated any teams he he met with - yet. Now comes the Titans today. #NFL32 https://twitter.com/#!/mortreport/st...47096831565824

Let's hope he's more decisive on the field than he is off it...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #2815
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I think Peyton's sticking it in their 2 hole.
I wonder how much Peyton loves his golf? If Elway walked him out to the first tee and showed him where Arnold Palmer hit the tee shot that drove the green and led to one of the biggest comebacks in U.S. Open history, that could have an impact. And then say, "We could play here every week, Peyton."
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #2816
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
You would think that living in Baja would mellow somebody out?
I'm quite mellow thank you. Just stating my position on this matter.

I used to be a big baseball fan - post strike and money demands + player attitudes I haven't watched a ball game in years. I couldn't even tell you who won the world series last year.

Same with the NBA

Being a fan of the Broncos from 1971 till about 2005 was a far different experience than it is today. A lot of those seasons we did not win all that much but there something special about the Broncos. Tebow brought a lot of that old feeling back for me last year. It was exciting to pull for my Broncos once again. If the Bronco FO don't see the value in that then I'm out.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #2817
ol#7

Quote:
I wonder how much Peyton loves his golf? If Elway walked him out to the first tee and showed him where Arnold Palmer hit the tee shot that drove the green and led to one of the biggest comebacks in U.S. Open history, that could have an impact. And then say, "We could play here every week, Peyton."
I heard music and got a bit teary eye'ed reading that. Of course I also pictured TT crying in his pillow wondering what he did wrong because Elway won't teach him to throw and be his daddy anymore.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #2818
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
How exactly has he earned his shot? Is he responsible for Marion Barber running out of bounds?
If you don't see that on your own not sure I can explain it for you.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #2819
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

I used to be a big baseball fan - post strike and money demands + player attitudes I haven't watched a ball game in years. I couldn't even tell you who won the world series last year.

Same with the NBA

Being a fan of the Broncos from 1971 till about 2005 was a far different experience than it is today. A lot of those seasons we did not win all that much but there something special about the Broncos. Tebow brought a lot of that old feeling back for me last year. It was exciting to pull for my Broncos once again. If the Bronco FO don't see the value in that then I'm out.
I had gotten pretty indifferent to the Broncos the last several years and last years team re-ignited the passion. Hard to believe that could be replaced (good or bad) so soon. Thought we had a young core and were doing the proper rebuild thing. Looked forward to 'that' team growing. Might still happen, but feel like the wool was pulled over my eyes by the FO.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #2820
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I don't know about the offense part. Denver has pieces, particularly young WRs, and a pretty darn good OL. I have concerns about whether DT is ready to be a true #1 WR, but beyond that I think this offense could be good with a QB of Peyton's caliber.

Defense and special teams are another story.
You're kidding yourself about Denvers OL and WRs.

Have you seen Tenn's young WRs? The difference between them and Den's is they've actually accomplished what we HOPE DT can amount to.

Larry Fitzgerald? Don't need to even mention anyone else.

Miami MIGHT be worse off than we are in receiving options, but between Bush and Fasano and some young wideouts, I wouldn't bank on that either.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #2821
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Anyone else getting fed up with this Manning BS?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #2822
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
I can appreciate the sentiment. I honestly don't know if it will make me angry enough to go that far. I've decided to hold back final judgement until I see what they do with/how they treat Tebow.

I can't imagine a fall not caring about the Denver Broncos. But maybe it'll just happen. Maybe I just won't care as much or at all. Whatever happens, I think I'll just let it happen organically based on how I feel.

I doubt I'm going to go out and burn all my Broncos stuff or anything. Other than maybe the Elway fathead.
Well if Tebow sits for a year or two behind Manning I can understand that (sort of) I'm talking about if they dump him this year because they have Manning.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #2823
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Same with the NBA

I didn't like it when they brought in Elway. I thought that was a nasty, punk-ass trick he pulled on Baltimore. And Morton had just had his best season, so that was a stab in his back. I got over it.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #2824
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Wayne went back to Colts?

WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #2825
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Anyone else getting fed up with this Manning BS?
+1

If I was EFX, I would start making arrangements to move on with life. The Broncos have 6 starting positions to fill, and only a quick visit from Meriweather to show for it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote