The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #2776
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Peyton Manning to Denver is best bet, Las Vegas oddsmakers say

Las Vegas oddsmakers have weighed in -- and they give the Denver Broncos the best chance of landing the NFL's only four-time most valuable player.

According to R.J. Bell of Pregame.com, the Manning team chances based on odds are as follows:

Denver: 24%
Miami: 14%
Arizona: 11%
Tennessee: 10%
Retire: 3.5%
Seattle: 3.2%
Washington: 3.2%
Houston: 2.8%
Kansas City: 2.6%
San Francisco: 2.6%
Cleveland: 2.6%
Minnesota: 2.6%
21 other teams: 18%

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...tory?track=rss
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #2777
TonyR
Franchise Poster

9:59 AM The recently updated version Mike Klis's story says the Dolphins are the Broncos' main competition for Manning, who could make a decision as soon as today.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...op-two-choices
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #2778
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
"But Peyton just wants to compeeeeeeeete"

Yeah, right. He does want to compete but he wants his retirement payday more. Which is fine but to think otherwise is delusional. My call was that Peyton costs about 3 FA impact players, 2 if one is Mario Williams. I stand by that. Dammit.
Peyton's impact is a lot more than those 3 though.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #2779
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Peyton's impact is a lot more than those 3 though.
So you say go get Mario Williams then.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #2780
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
9:59 AM The recently updated version Mike Klis's story says the Dolphins are the Broncos' main competition for Manning, who could make a decision as soon as today.
I would think he is coming here if that was the case. I thought they were working on Matt flynn and contract numbers.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #2781
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
So you say go get Mario Williams then.
No because he will cost almost as much as Manning and wouldn't have near the impact.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #2782
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
It really seems like Denver is where he wants to go. I think he is just trying to drive up the price and test the mettle of the organization a little. IMO, you might as well pay the price. If you go with him, you are going all-in anyway. I don't see how Tebow remains a viable option (though he may remain on the roster). And if the Peyton things blows up, then you are back at square one. Had it not been for an against-all-odds run we made this season, that's where we were anyway.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #2783
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Reading the article, he said one source said Broncos and Titans were top 2, the other said add the Dolphins and make it a top 3. I dont think anyone knows at this point, including Peyton, lol.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #2784
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Reading the article, he said one source said Broncos and Titans were top 2, the other said add the Dolphins and make it a top 3. I dont think anyone knows at this point, including Peyton, lol.
That's the truth! It is a mosaic and people are trying to predict the outcome with 1 or 2 bits of information. Very tough to tell where this thing might be going. And Peyton is a smart guy. So I wouldn't put it past him to playing the media and all this "sources" crap. And I don't really buy and of this crap about Peyton comes with Clark, Wayne and Tom Moore. I think Peyton is smarter than that. He wants to win and he wants control of the offense. However, he doesn't own those other guys and cannot force them to take below market deals to be a package with him. And secondly, I think Peyton is looking out for #18 first. Some of them may wind up with his future team, but I doubt that stuff is being talked about now.

Last edited by bloodsunday; 03-14-2012 at 07:48 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #2785
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver remains in the lead since of Manning's suitors, the Broncos have the most money to spend and thinks their roster as is is close to contending. The Titans? The Cards? Miami? These teams think they are just a QB away from the Super Bowl?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #2786
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Let's see, should I go where my wife's family lives, or should I go where my buddies live and I can spend most of the summer with my buds, hanging out at Coors Field when I'm not practicing?

Decisions, decisions.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #2787
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Denver remains in the lead since of Manning's suitors, the Broncos have the most money to spend and thinks their roster as is is close to contending. The Titans? The Cards? Miami? These teams think they are just a QB away from the Super Bowl?
...Each one of those teams has dramatically superior supporting casts on offense, defense AND special teams...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #2788
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
It really seems like Denver is where he wants to go. I think he is just trying to drive up the price and test the mettle of the organization a little. IMO, you might as well pay the price. If you go with him, you are going all-in anyway. I don't see how Tebow remains a viable option (though he may remain on the roster). And if the Peyton things blows up, then you are back at square one. Had it not been for an against-all-odds run we made this season, that's where we were anyway.
Sounds like a winner. Outbid the bat**** craziest owners in the league. Watch world-championship confetti fall from the sky.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #2789
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I would think he is coming here if that was the case. I thought they were working on Matt flynn and contract numbers.
See, that's what other teams might call a 'negotiating tactic'

Pulling an EFX and painting yourself into a corner where you give the impression that you can't pull back is not a good thing.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #2790
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I'd take titans RBs Cards Wrs and Miamis defense. These teams are not bad. Titans had a better record than Denver. What's that say?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #2791
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'd take titans RBs Cards Wrs and Miamis defense. These teams are not bad. Titans had a better record than Denver. What's that say?
Hasselback was healthy, that's what it says.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #2792
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

OK I've read much of this thread and this is my take.

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #2793
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sounds like a winner. Outbid the bat**** craziest owners in the league. Watch world-championship confetti fall from the sky.
Nope he is right. Denver is where he wanted to go. To get a free steak, hang out with Elway, and drive up his price!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #2794
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Come to Tennessee, Peyton!

Bring your banjo!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #2795
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I don't think you have to "out bid" him. I think you just have to pay a steeper price than you wanted. I don't think he really wants to play for TEN.

Every fan is different and you are all entitled to your opinion, but if I had to flip a coin between

a) Building a team around Tim Tebow and hoping he grows into the QB we all want him to be

AND

b) Pay Peyton and hope he's healthy and that the other pieces fall into place to make a Super Bowl run

I am taking B every day of the week. We cannot expect to win football games hoping for Marion Barber to run out bounds, Miami to botch an on-side kick, and Pittsburgh to give up three 50+ yard pass plays on a consistent basis. It was a fun ride, but it is NOT sustainable.

The Broncos have already told you what they think of Tebow. If it is not Peyton, they will be looking for another QB.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #2796
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.
You would think that living in Baja would mellow somebody out?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #2797
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Right when I was ready to get the formula on how to live off the sun without any food, you might not be around to tell me. Stay safe in Mexico and don't get near those drug cartel gangs.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #2798
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
How exactly has he earned his shot? Is he responsible for Marion Barber running out of bounds?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #2799
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

I can appreciate the sentiment. I honestly don't know if it will make me angry enough to go that far. I've decided to hold back final judgement until I see what they do with/how they treat Tebow.

I can't imagine a fall not caring about the Denver Broncos. But maybe it'll just happen. Maybe I just won't care as much or at all. Whatever happens, I think I'll just let it happen organically based on how I feel.

I doubt I'm going to go out and burn all my Broncos stuff or anything. Other than maybe the Elway fathead.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #2800
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Each one of those teams has dramatically superior supporting casts on offense, defense AND special teams...
I don't know about the offense part. Denver has pieces, particularly young WRs, and a pretty darn good OL. I have concerns about whether DT is ready to be a true #1 WR, but beyond that I think this offense could be good with a QB of Peyton's caliber.

Defense and special teams are another story.