The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #2701
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This is getting stupid, if you don't like Tebow just let him go and deal with the consequences from fans. But don't put off your offseason plans trying to overpay a guy because he gives you an "out" to get rid of your current QB.

Sorry, rant over.
You really believe we're only signing Manning because it was the "only" way to get rid of Tebow? That the front office just thinks Manning is convenient?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #2702
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's the 22+ million a year numbers being thrown around. And Guys like Vic Lombardi talking about how the Titans option will just make signing Manning cost more.

If he wants a title, he should be shopping for the right scenario, not the highest price.
Yep, if the money is that important to Manning, then how much is winning a title? Remember, he does have a ring already, so not like he is desperate in a quest to get a ring. I would think he is already set financially, so we'll see what he gets from whoever.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #2703
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's the 22+ million a year numbers being thrown around. And Guys like Vic Lombardi talking about how the Titans option will just make signing Manning cost more.

If he wants a title, he should be shopping for the right scenario, not the highest price.
Okay but if the Titans offer the most money and the best chance to win, you would expect him to sign elsewhere?

I'd love for him to sign here but I won't HATE him if he doesn't.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #2704
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You really believe we're only signing Manning because it was the "only" way to get rid of Tebow? That the front office just thinks Manning is convenient?
And 1

I think even Tebow realizes this is Peyton frickin Manning
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #2705
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Okay but if the Titans offer the most money and the best chance to win, you would expect him to sign elsewhere?

I'd love for him to sign here but I won't HATE him if he doesn't.
I'd love for him to go to Nashville. But that's not the point.

The point is he should pick the best chance for a team to succeed. And unless the money is ridiculously low, he should sign with them. Or if he REALLY wanted a title, he'd do what Player John did his last year and basically take vet minimum. So every ounce of cap space can be spared for other players.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #2706
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'd love to see that recruiting trip.

Elway: Hey Peyton, we need you here so we can use you as an excuse to get rid of Tebow. Hell we don't even care if you play or not, we just HAVE to get rid of him at any cost and you're the best excuse out there.

Manning: So do you even want me to play?

Xanders: Whatever. Just make sure Tim is gone.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #2707
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:

Elway: Hey Peyton, we need you here so we can use you as an excuse to get rid of Tebow. Hell we don't even care if you play or not, we just HAVE to get rid of him at any cost and you're the best excuse out there.

lmao I bet you that is exactly what MacGruder believes the convo over the weekend went.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #2708
stopgap

Quote:

nice
Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #2709
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Not the only reason at all, who wouldn't love to have Peyton? But my understanding is the chief reason behing the motivation is it gives football operations an opportunity to make a move with the incumbent without needing to justify it to ownership and customers. This isnt out of spite or a personal vendetta but the feeling he'll set the organization back due to the inability to recruit players, the difficulty retaining players and complications in setting a strategy for personnel and philosophy.

The example used to me is the Broncos would like to build their defense to defend the pass, hence building around their strengths and preparing for the prevelant passing attacks getting more deadly annualy. However, because they dont believe their current QB plays the type of style that will create significant leads- more of an emphasis has to placed on run defense. Again this is just an example, not necessarily fact, as it was laid out to me.

That's why I'm on board with simply drafting Weeden or signing a FA like Henne (although that looks unlikely now) and moving on. I dont have to like it or even agree with it, but if the football operations side of the building feels so strongly this will fail (which in fairness to them, a staunch majority of NFL people believe will fail also) then there's no reason to waste time and make decisions out of their comfort zone. Just move on, but you dont have to get Peyton to do that guys...
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #2710
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Crazy ****ing fans.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #2711
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

See that's what I dont understand, Raj. I get that they think it will fail and I could see why they want to build for the pass on offense and against the pass on defense cause thats where the league is, but its just one more year. Its just one more year to evaluate if he can progress as a passer to a decent point. He hasnt even gotten a real summer to develop yet. The worst thing that could happen is you have a bad year and I suspect we werent going to be great anyway with this schedule (assuming no Manning ofcourse), so I'm not seeing a huge oppurtunity lost here with giving Tebow one more year to try and progress. BTW, Weeden would be a stupid pick. He's already too old, by the time he adjusts to the league, he's 30, so its already over. That's just dumb that they would want him.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #2712
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not the only reason at all, who wouldn't love to have Peyton? But my understanding is the chief reason behing the motivation is it gives football operations an opportunity to make a move with the incumbent without needing to justify it to ownership and customers. This isnt out of spite or a personal vendetta but the feeling he'll set the organization back due to the inability to recruit players, the difficulty retaining players and complications in setting a strategy for personnel and philosophy.

The example used to me is the Broncos would like to build their defense to defend the pass, hence building around their strengths and preparing for the prevelant passing attacks getting more deadly annualy. However, because they dont believe their current QB plays the type of style that will create significant leads- more of an emphasis has to placed on run defense. Again this is just an example, not necessarily fact, as it was laid out to me.

That's why I'm on board with simply drafting Weeden or signing a FA like Henne (although that looks unlikely now) and moving on. I dont have to like it or even agree with it, but if the football operations side of the building feels so strongly this will fail (which in fairness to them, a staunch majority of NFL people believe will fail also) then there's no reason to waste time and make decisions out of their comfort zone. Just move on, but you dont have to get Peyton to do that guys...
so you just wrote a post in which your stance is that the Broncos should forgo Peyton Manning in favor of Chad Henne.

I just want to make sure this actually exists
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #2713
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

tebow to jacksonville

we swap picks in the second and fourth and we get a conditional 2013 pick.

thats my guesA!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #2714
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
so you just wrote a post in which your stance is that the Broncos should forgo Peyton Manning in favor of Chad Henne.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #2715
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Not the only reason at all, who wouldn't love to have Peyton? But my understanding is the chief reason behing the motivation is it gives football operations an opportunity to make a move with the incumbent without needing to justify it to ownership and customers. ...
Do you have a source for this? The CHIEF reason? The biggest, main reason for courting Peyton is to get rid of Tim? Is there an article or quote somewhere that backs this up? Or does this just fit into your conspiracy so you say it is true?
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #2716
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Do you have a source for this? The CHIEF reason? The biggest, main reason for courting Peyton is to get rid of Tim? Is there an article or quote somewhere that backs this up? Or does this just fit into your conspiracy so you say it is true?
montrose has very good connections in the Denver sports media area, dude. If he says thats what he's hearing, then that's what it is.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #2717
extralife
Ring of Famer

or he could just be a ****ing idiot
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #2718
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
See that's what I dont understand, Raj. I get that they think it will fail and I could see why they want to build for the pass on offense and against the pass on defense cause thats where the league is, but its just one more year. Its just one more year to evaluate if he can progress as a passer to a decent point. He hasnt even gotten a real summer to develop yet. The worst thing that could happen is you have a bad year and I suspect we werent going to be great anyway with this schedule (assuming no Manning ofcourse), so I'm not seeing a huge oppurtunity lost here with giving Tebow one more year to try and progress. BTW, Weeden would be a stupid pick. He's already too old, by the time he adjusts to the league, he's 30, so its already over. That's just dumb that they would want him.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post

No, I'd love to have Manning. I was speaking in a hypothetical that the Broncos dont HAVE to get Manning if they're hell bent on ridding themselves of Tebow. And honestly a lot of it is venting.

Quote:
Ummmm, lets call it a hunch.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #2719
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

raj can see the forest through the trees bigbucks. gues you cannot!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #2720
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:

Makes sense. The opportunity cost of keeping Tebow is pretty high (losing Lloyd, Royal, etc.), unknown other free agents...
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #2721
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I have a hunch it is BS.
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #2722
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I have a hunch it is BS.
4 years $90M.

Take it or leave it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #2723
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
4 years $90M.

Take it or leave it.
Take it every day of the week
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #2724
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Trying to figure out how its healthy for a franchise to have almost half of its cap invested in four players, if we sign Manning.

But yeah. Manning. Woo.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #2725
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Manning is a 4 or 5 Win Against Replacement Value (Tebow). It is ok to spend 22 million on a guy who is going to improve your team by that much. Especially when the deal is for only 4 years and if it is protected.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote