The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #2676
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
We will be divison champs so I'm not worried.
I should ****ing hope so. 20+ million more per year and you hope to get where you already were.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #2677
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I should ****ing hope so. 20+ million more per year and you hope to get where you already were.
No 20 million to get rid of fans like you.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #2678
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Rake us over the coals? Didn't someone post a thread like four days ago that was about Manning's agent stating that Peyton will not make a decision before Wednesday but could be as late as Friday?

And wow oh no a professional athlete of Manning's caliber doing what's best for him, this is so unheard of
Yeah I heard something like that on the light rail. But I also heard guys like Schef talking about how they thought Manning would decide by today because otherwise it'll screw with the free agent window.

Not Peypey's problem I guess.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #2679
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Yeah I heard something like that on the light rail. But I also heard guys like Schef talking about how they thought Manning would decide by today because otherwise it'll screw with the free agent window.

Not Peypey's problem I guess.
No it really isn't
Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #2680
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
With Wayne off the market and no WR depth, I wonder if we bite on the first for Mike Wallace if Manning signs?
sounds like a good idea to me.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #2681
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
sounds like a good idea to me.
yep, me too
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #2682
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
As long as the franchise keeps fielding a **** for talent team, NO ONE can win a SB here.
We have the best offense $20M can buy...
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #2683
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Don't know how you can watch him rake us over the coals like this and not feel the same way. He doesn't give a **** about the team... it's all him. Which will bite him in the ass because that ****'ll never win a ring.
This could be the dumbest thing I have ever read on a football message board.....and I've read a lot of McCrazy's posts. You think Peyton should care more about the Bronco's, a team that he doesn't play for, then he should about making the correct decision for himself and his family. He should rush his decision and not do his homework so he doesn't hurt the teams that he DOESN'T choose?
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #2684
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I believe I said this earlier and was called clueless.

If Manning doesn't sign, it's hard to see how we'll come anywhere near the cap. We'll just stand pat with our gaping holes on both sides of the ball.
I said that before, if Manning doesn't sign, Broncos aren't spending the carryover.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #2685
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
This could be the dumbest thing I have ever read on a football message board.....and I've read a lot of McCrazy's posts. You think Peyton should care more about the Bronco's, a team that he doesn't play for, then he should about making the correct decision for himself and his family. He should rush his decision and not do his homework so he doesn't hurt the teams that he DOESN'T choose?
Think harder. His salary will affect WHICHEVER team he signs with and hurt their chances to surround HIM with talent.

The more Manning demands in payment, the harder it will be to give him Super Bowl caliber talent to work with.

This team has tons of holes. And Manning's still more worried about making more than Tom Brady than winning a Super Bowl.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #2686
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieopperude View Post
Denver wasn't shopping w/out Manning regardless.

Well accept at S and probably DT.
Can Foneco really play MLB, TE, WR, RB, CB, WOLB, RT, OG, and FB...all at the same time?

Is there enough cap space left for him?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #2687
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Think harder. His salary will affect WHICHEVER team he signs with and hurt their chances to surround HIM with talent.

The more Manning demands in payment, the harder it will be to give him Super Bowl caliber talent to work with.

This team has tons of holes. And Manning's still more worried about making more than Tom Brady than winning a Super Bowl.
How do you know this? Do you know for a fact the Broncos are offering more money than the Titans? Can you 100% say that the Broncos give him a better chance at winning a Super Bowl than the Titans. And we're talking RIGHT NOW, not who we could, or may, or are considering.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #2688
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hahahaha

Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #2689
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Can you 100% say that the Broncos give him a better chance at winning a Super Bowl than the Titans.
I think I've pretty much said the opposite.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #2690
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
I think I've pretty much said the opposite.
Okay so the fact that he's considering the team that gives him the best to chance to win makes it about the money how?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #2691
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So yup...Adams is gonna go for the kill tomorrow. We will see if he accomplishes it.

Quote:
Titans owner Bud Adams informed WSMV-TV Tuesday night that the club will be meeting with free agent quarterback Peyton Manning on Wednesday.

Adams told the television station that he believes Manning is “really interested” in the Titans, and expects a “quick decision” from the future Hall of Famer.

“I think he’s … wanting to sign up with somebody pretty quickly,” said Adams.

The Titans will meet with Manning at a secret location.

Adams has not been shy about his desire to acquire the four-time NFL Most Valuable Player. The Titans are trying to sign free agent guard Steve Hutchinson, a friend of Manning’s, and Adams told the Nashville Tennessean earlier this week that he’d be “disappointed” if the club didn’t sign Peyton.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-on-wednesday/
Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #2692
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This should all be over by thursday or friday. If a signing comes tomorrow, it will mean that TEN overwhelmed him and is signing with them.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #2693
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

This is getting stupid, if you don't like Tebow just let him go and deal with the consequences from fans. But don't put off your offseason plans trying to overpay a guy because he gives you an "out" to get rid of your current QB.

Sorry, rant over.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #2694
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:

The longer this drags on and the deeper we fall into free agency I fear you may be right. I initially thought this was about making a push for one last ring or two with his old Colt team mates and going out on top. As teams play the waiting game as he gets courted by more and more crazy old dudes with money its becoming clear this is a sham about a huge payday. If the PM fiasco fails I think John and Pat close the wallet and save cash for a run on a big QB next year. Its clear John has his heart set on a pocket passer with more traditional talent and either way tebow is eventually gone.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #2695
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This is getting stupid, if you don't like Tebow just let him go and deal with the consequences from fans. But don't put off your offseason plans trying to overpay a guy because he gives you an "out" to get rid of your current QB.

Sorry, rant over.
you said what a bunch of us are starting to feel.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #2696
Drunken.Broncoholic

Either he's a Titan tomorrow or he won't be at all. I got a feeling he's gonna choose the titans. Bud adams is the new al Davis though so who knows.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #2697
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post

Sorry, rant over.
It's only day one.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #2698
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Either he's a Titan tomorrow or he won't be at all. I got a feeling he's gonna choose the titans. Bud adams is the new al Davis though so who knows.
Let them meet all day then.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #2699
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Okay so the fact that he's considering the team that gives him the best to chance to win makes it about the money how?
It's the 22+ million a year numbers being thrown around. And Guys like Vic Lombardi talking about how the Titans option will just make signing Manning cost more.

If he wants a title, he should be shopping for the right scenario, not the highest price.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #2700
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
It's only day one.
I'm not upset at all they weren't active, in fact- I'm glad considering the huge numbers guys were overpaid.

I'm upset their entire offseason strategy focuses on the chance to acquire 1 guy and the PRIMARY purpose to acquire that guy isn't even adding him to their football team but rather to pave the way to cut ties with another player they don't like while minimizing the backlash.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote